PDA

View Full Version : My turn Auntiemern!

toggpine
January 10th, 2018, 03:57 AM
Now you all are going to have to say prayers for my family and my poor students! I'm on the steroid roller coaster too!
Lord help them all for the next 10 days!

The flaming painful thing down my leg is an inflamed blood vessel. It has irritated my sciatic nerve which is why my calf felt like it was on the verge of a Charley horse for three days and my thigh is on fire from my bum to my knee. I'm on 10 days of Prednisone and an antibiotic to rule out an infection. He is 99% positive it is not a blood clot, as my leg wasn't swollen, it had good pulses in my ankle, and the extremities were warm. (I told him that was unusual, as my feet were normally freezing, so maybe I was OK with this thing.)
According to Google (bad idea, I know) and the Mayo clinic site. This isn't very common and it can often times have many of the same symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. So jumping on this right away sounds like a good idea.

The other thought is that since this is also the side that I had sciatica pain on when I was pregnant, I may have something going on in the passage that the nerve runs through and might have, in some way, made all of the items that run through that portal kinda pissy. (Maybe sitting so much in a different chair during winter break?) Hmmm.

Either way, I'm on these things for two weeks. I'll either be a raging basket case, or the rest of the house will be painted, the cabinets organized, and my stash color-coded by the time this is over!

Marilyn, I hope you are doing well, and those meds are helping get everything dried out and lined back up for you. You have a tough battle there lady!
Hugs, Cathy

bubba
January 10th, 2018, 06:45 AM
Sorry this has happened! When I was on those a few years back, after about three days all I wanted to do was eat! I remember him taking me to McD's one night about 0130. Went thru the drive thru, I got a Happy Meal. It is two miles from our house to there and on the way home, that Happy Meal was gone before we made it halfway home! We got inside, he sat down and started eating whatever he had gotten and asked if they forgot to give me my food. No, I ate it before we hit the overpass! I've never seen him guard his food like he did that night!

The reason I am still up is because I have not been sleeping since the deputy was murdered. Oh, plus we just got back from another trip to urgent care....MM has his third kidney infection in the past month!!

Feel better soon!

Bubby
January 10th, 2018, 06:52 AM
I feel for you Bernadette. I hope you get some relief soon. Steroids make me crazy...I have 6 more days on mine.

Star lover
January 10th, 2018, 08:30 AM
Wow, I feel so bad for y'all. I'll be praying for you Cathy, Pat and MM along with Barb and Jeff. Marilyn too! So much for all of you to be going through. Love and hugs to you all!

KPH
January 10th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Oh my goodness, I hope you feel better soon.

KarenC
January 10th, 2018, 11:34 AM
Oh my, so many of you in need of prayers and refief. I can'tell keep up with the names anymore so just include all my forum friends. Hope all of you are feeling better soon.

SallyO'Sews
January 10th, 2018, 12:23 PM
Oh, Cathy, I'm so sorry! Hope your reaction is more the "git 'er done" type than the other. And if it is, you can come to my house, which needs some serious fixing up! :D

Praying for all!

Love, hugs, and blessings,
~ Sally \0/

toggpine
January 10th, 2018, 12:57 PM
Oh No Pat! Is there anything they can recommend to keep that from happening so frequently?

This is annoying, and left untreated could be more serious, but not like successive infections, or Marilyn's struggles.

Thank you all for the well wishes. I not sure how this regimen will go. I usually am on a stair-step packet thing when he has given them to me before. These are just bigger pills for ten days and stop. I might taper off the last few, but cutting them in half for the last day or so.

Off to go bounce the kiddo out of bed and get her day started!

GuitarGramma
January 10th, 2018, 01:54 PM
Sorry this has happened! When I was on those a few years back, after about three days all I wanted to do was eat! I remember him taking me to McD's one night about 0130. Went thru the drive thru, I got a Happy Meal. It is two miles from our house to there and on the way home, that Happy Meal was gone before we made it halfway home! We got inside, he sat down and started eating whatever he had gotten and asked if they forgot to give me my food. No, I ate it before we hit the overpass! I've never seen him guard his food like he did that night!

The reason I am still up is because I have not been sleeping since the deputy was murdered. Oh, plus we just got back from another trip to urgent care....MM has his third kidney infection in the past month!!

Feel better soon!

Bubba, what happened with the deputy? I haven't heard about this.