PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes, everyone wants to reply to a post

grammaterry
January 8th, 2018, 09:11 PM
149267 Sammy Bird and Earl each wanting to help mommy post

Cokie
January 8th, 2018, 09:25 PM
Love it! I used to have a kitten that would sit in front of my computer monitor and swat at the cursor when it moved! Love your bird and kitty!

KPH
January 8th, 2018, 09:45 PM
Everybody needs a little help, every once in a while.

Nwmnteacher
January 8th, 2018, 10:51 PM
Oh, I love your bird!

Anitamae56
January 8th, 2018, 10:56 PM
Wow what pretty bird!

grammaterry
January 8th, 2018, 11:06 PM
Sammy Jo bird is 32 years old. A very nice animal but please don't ever buy one. She is domesticated but still a wild animal. She does talk and she eats whatever we eat. She will live to be a human life span meaning she could reach 100 with good nutrition or keel over tomorrow. She is filthy , nasty in cleanliness and requires her cage to be cleaned twice daily and the surrounding area needs swept up constantly. she loves taking a bath but the bird dust that eminates from her is extensive. I'm not trying to be negative, just wanting to dissuade any thoughts of how fun it would be to have one. She remembers all the dogs and cats we have ever had by name. Yes she talks..but not on demand. She also screams when things aren't to her liking..
The cat, Earl, on the other hand, is loving, independent and also incredibly dirty with shedding and litter box.
But, those things being said, we love them and wouldn't want life without them. Heck after 32 years, we pretty much are in for the count!

JCY
January 9th, 2018, 12:14 AM
Too much help! LOL Your cat reminds me of a long haired tiger cat I had when I was in HS. Named Whiskers. He was mostly an outdoor cat, but did have his favorite chair in the house. I loved on him a lot. Sadly he disappeared one winter in rural Mich. We often wondered if he tried to go back to the place where we used to live, or if he got buried by the big snow plows that came down our county road & threw such a big spray of snow. DH & I have had no pets since we've been married. When the kids were home, they had gold fish or guppies, but no real pets.

Hulamoon
January 9th, 2018, 12:15 AM
My mom had a parrot and she let it walk around the house. Umm ,uck. It starting biting her and she had to give him up.

On the other hand I had a computer kitty too!

Monique
January 9th, 2018, 09:30 AM
Cute!!!!!!!!

Nwmnteacher
January 9th, 2018, 11:01 AM
Terry, how did you ever acquire such a bird?

grammaterry
January 9th, 2018, 11:40 AM
I had an African Grey Parrot and she was pretty much a great talker. We had bought her in a pet store and brought her home and she was so mean. She had been separated from her mate a year or two before and when we bought her I proceeded to tame her . I spent two hours a day in the bathtub reading and letting her look at me. At the end of two weeks she was a loving fine animal. Well, we go to a trade show in Oklahoma and there is this bird breeder set up next to us and we get to talking about my bird. He starts bringing me in mates for her. Well, he had this blue and gold macaw that was just a baby (about 10 mo old) and her owner had returned her because the boyfriend said "either the bird goes or I go" and so she returned the bird.
Well, we were buying the mate for Molly and the breeder says that the McCaw is attracted to me because I look a lot like her first owner and if I want her he will make me a great price. We talk it over and decide we can make money buying this bird and reselling her. Well we come home and three birds are really more than I can handle with 4 children but the McCaw is really really attached to me and the African grey birds are really happy together so, I find a guy not far from here and I tell him if he promises never to separate Molly and Orville I will sell him them for the price of one bird. And so It came to pass, Sammy Joe is our little girl and we will take care of her as long as we can.

Terry, how did you ever acquire such a bird?