PDA

View Full Version : Monday morning hello

Nwmnteacher
January 8th, 2018, 10:17 AM
Good morning all,

We're having a bit of a "warming trend" here in NW Minnesota....it actually hit +30 yesterday! It felt like spring! DH and I drove to Grand Forks, ND (an hour away) for shopping, lunch, and a movie. I've been off from work at JoAnns a while, so I had to stop there to pick up some fabric I needed to finish a quilt top. There were only 2 gals scheduled to work, so you can imagine how busy they were. Even though I wasn't working, I helped a customer wanting a Cricut, so I had to hunt for that in the back room. The manager was busy at the cut counter, so I had to wait a while for her to come to the checkout. (Employees always have to be checked out by a manager). The only good thing was DH had forgotten his phone at home, so he couldn't call my from the car asking, "What's taking so long?"

I hope everyone has a wonderful day with some time snuck in for a little sewing .

Jeanne

SuzanneOrleansOntario
January 8th, 2018, 10:41 AM
Good morning. It is warming up also in Eastern Ontario. We have been under frost cold warning all last week -35. It is warming up to -12 today. Balmy - not. We will be having temps around 0 this week, but this can be treacherous as the snow will melt a bit, and freeze again when we expect to drop to below 0.
On the upside, it's been so cold, I stay indoors and quilt, waiting for the thaw.
Have a good day. Post your quilt when done.

KPH
January 8th, 2018, 10:52 AM
Good Morning Jeanne,

I won't tell you what the temp is here, mainly because I have no idea. I was just thankful when the weather man said there was going to be a warming trend all week.

Hope you have a great day!

chelea
January 8th, 2018, 11:11 AM
Good morning! Weather wise, we're finally coming out of the below-zero/single digit temps and it's supposed to be 53 by week's end. That's open-the-window weather. I like to open the windows and air out the house whenever I can in the winter.
Well, I have to face the music this week and put away the Christmas decorations. Ugh. That's 2 big trees, a tabletop tree, manger, mantle, 2 staircases, 2 villages (including a skating rink and mountains of snow), Dickens carolers, my snowman collection, which is all over the house, and other assorted pieces. I don't usually haul out all this stuff but the whole family was here for almost a week and I wanted our home to look magical. Mission accomplished.
In the sewing room, I'm plugging away on the 9 patches for the Irish chain. My goal is to finish the top before Jan. 23 because I'm having minor surgery on my thumb and will be out of commission for awhile. Maybe I can do a little one-handed organizing while I can't sew!

Navy Wife
January 8th, 2018, 12:24 PM
It's about 30 degrees here. We are in the middle of an ice storm, but it should turn to rain shortly. I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere until late afternoon. Then we have a few days of warmer weather, even up to 60!

I am working on a quilt for DGD now. She wanted an old fashioned quilt for the tiny house she just bought. She lives in Iowa, and has a 45 minute commute every day. She finally bought a one bedroom house so she could stay overnight when the snow is too deep. She has it rented to an intern, but she still has a bed if she needs it. Anyway, I'm making a Grandma's Fan with the fabric from Little House on the Prairie. Then I have 4 UFO's next in line. Maybe I'll catch up soon!