PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Friday Trivia!

Star lover
January 5th, 2018, 08:12 AM
Today's offering...

When you give a thumbs-up sign, does the tip of your thumb naturally bend backward?

The fancy name for that type of double-jointedness is distal hyperextensibility of the thumb, but most people know it as hitchhiker's thumb.

It's a recessive trait you inherit from your parents and the amount of curvature can range from slightly tilted to a full 90-degree bend.

Monique
January 5th, 2018, 08:46 AM
Very interesting:icon_exclaim::icon_exclaim::icon_excla im:

Anitamae56
January 5th, 2018, 09:26 AM
Wow ! Interesting! I guess I can't hitch hike! :)

Sandy Navas
January 5th, 2018, 09:30 AM
This guy picked up a dumb hitchhiker, and he said, 'Before we go any place, there might be something wrong with my right rear blinker. Will you go back there and check it?' The guy went back there. He said, 'Is it working?' The real dumb hitchhiker said, 'Yes, it is. No, it's not. Yes, it is. No, it's not.'

KPH
January 5th, 2018, 10:48 AM
I have to admit, I sat there and looked at my thumbs... My right thumb tilts back, not as far as the picture, but my left is pretty much straight.

Sandy Navas, you made me laugh, I wonder if that hitch hiker was a blonde, too.

grammaterry
January 5th, 2018, 12:54 PM
Yep, I looked at mine too At least they have a symmetrical bend!
Did you hear about the blonde who bought windows. They called her and said, "you know, you are a year behind on your windows payment"...She said..."Duh...the sales man told me they would pay for themselves in a year..."