PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday....yes Wednesday and Trivia!

Star lover
January 3rd, 2018, 07:59 AM
I triple checked......and it IS Wednesday!

The longest word in the English language, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

The only other word with the same amount of letters is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconioses, its plural.

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicavolcanoconiosis is a form of a lung disease, pneumoconiosis, caused by the inhalation of a fine silica dust, ash and sand found in most volcanoes.

I'm not going to try to say it 10 times, slowly......can't even do it once! Who'd come up with such a word?

Bubby
January 3rd, 2018, 08:13 AM
That's way too long for me. Fortunately I will probably never need to use that word!! Doctors probably have a little abbreviation for it....maybe PMV.

Monique
January 3rd, 2018, 09:00 AM
I don't think too many people around these parts are afflicted with it.

Georgie Girl
January 3rd, 2018, 10:30 AM
I play words with friends. I need to remember that one. LOL

KPH
January 3rd, 2018, 10:51 AM
I, once upon a time, had a little girl (parents were both lawyers) that loved big words. She would have loved that one!

NanaMaggie
January 3rd, 2018, 11:53 AM
UGH... not ready for today.

Doctor says I'm going back in a cast, dreading this. I fell several times with the last cast and broke the left ring finger. Frankly I am tired of sitting on my arse all day! Rant over.

Hope y'all have a great Wednesday!

grammaterry
January 3rd, 2018, 12:31 PM
I don't have enough letters to make that a scrabble word

Patty J
January 3rd, 2018, 01:13 PM
grammaterry, They wouldn't believe it was a Real word even if you had enough Scrabble letters!!
Maggie, hope this is the last cast you will need. Be careful and follow all Doctors suggestions.

sew-what2015
January 3rd, 2018, 02:40 PM
Thanks Anita. That's a way too long for me to try saying.

Monique, I laughed out loud when I read your post. I was thinking almost the exact same words.

NanaMaggie
January 3rd, 2018, 02:48 PM
Oops - excuse me please I posted about the cast in the wrong area... was thinking dust from the cast removal. Dang my golden years have turned to brass!!