PDA

View Full Version : Monday - the first one of the year and it's Trivia Time!

Star lover
January 2nd, 2018, 08:05 AM
Part 5.....maybe.....

Strange and Interesting Facts About the USA:

Boston has the worst drivers out of the nation's 200 largest cities. Kansas City has the best drivers.

Kansas produces enough wheat each year to feed everyone in the world for about two weeks.

There’s a Darth Vader "gargoyle" on the National Cathedral in D.C.

Oregon's Crater Lake is deep enough to cover six Statues of Liberty stacked on top of each other.

Of more than 2,500 National Historical Landmarks, only two can (willfully) move: San Francisco's cable cars and New Orleans’s St. Charles streetcar line.

Brought to you, in part, by our Sandy Navas! ......to be continued......

Well, silly me...it's not Monday.....it's Tuesday! Not a good way to start the day, much less the year......sigh.....

Bubby
January 2nd, 2018, 08:33 AM
This is a good one! I think you're off to a great start...just a little hiccup!

Monique
January 2nd, 2018, 08:49 AM
I thought I had missed yesterday's, as I was waiting for today's, which might happen tomorrow!!! Just kidding!!

I enjoy reading your trivia every day.

Star lover
January 2nd, 2018, 09:03 AM
Hey, I blame the cold....yeah, that's it! My brain is frozen and can't remember what day it is. Just have to wait for the thaw........?
You're all to kind....:icon_bigsmile:

Anitamae56
January 2nd, 2018, 09:26 AM
I also thought , I had missed a day.
I live about 15 miles from Kansas City, I don't know that I agree with that about the Kansa City drivers! :)))
That about about Oregons lake is kind of spooky.
Thanks again!!

Hulamoon
January 2nd, 2018, 09:43 AM
I've been to Crater Lake. Me and my aunt went camping up there. It was so dang cold we had to go to the lodge for awhile to warm up by this floor to ceiling fireplace. It's a beautiful place to see in person. And yes it was eerie when the park ranger told us how deep it was!

Sandy Navas
January 2nd, 2018, 09:59 AM
I agree with Anita's comments about the Kansas City drivers. I've been in the car with my sister-in-law . . .

Georgie Girl
January 2nd, 2018, 10:02 AM
I thought I had missed yesterday's, as I was waiting for today's, which might happen tomorrow!!! Just kidding!!

I enjoy reading your trivia every day.

Monique you continue to crack me up :D And I love the trivia.

KPH
January 2nd, 2018, 10:25 AM
Wonder whose idea it was to put Darth Vader on the National Cathedral!

Star lover
January 2nd, 2018, 10:35 AM
In the 1980s, while the Cathedral’s two west towers were under construction, the Cathedral held a design-a-carving competition for children. Word of the competition was spread nationwide through National Geographic World magazine. The third-place winner, Christopher Rader, submitted a drawing of that fearful villain: Star Wars’ Darth Vader.

The fierce head was sculpted by Jay Hall Carpenter, carved by Patrick J. Plunkett, and placed high upon the northwest tower of the Cathedral. (The other winner designs were a raccoon, a girl with pigtails and braces, and a man with large teeth and an umbrella.)