PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year from the Night Owls!

toggpine
January 1st, 2018, 05:41 AM
We managed to stay up to ring in the new year.
I spent the evening getting the house in order. It feels better to have a big chunk of the cleaning done before the new year rolled in.
If the weather is nice in the morning, we will clean the barns. If it's icky, we will finish painting the bathrooms and the kitchen. Either way it will be productive!

I hope you all have a wonderful start to the new year in your neck of the woods!
Hugs, Cathy

Bubby
January 1st, 2018, 06:06 AM
Wishing you a wonderful 2018, Cathy! You had quite a visit with your in-laws! My late husband's family was like that. Every visit from them left us with a major repair. How does a towel bar get ripped out of the wall unless someone hangs from it or does it deliberately!

Cokie
January 1st, 2018, 06:28 AM
Happy New Year! We watched the New Year celebration on TV - not sure what channel but I loved Neil Diamond singing "Sweet Caroline!" Then watched a Hallmark movie and now I'm wide awake. Made a dip and brownies for tomorrow and went ahead and started the crock pot - not sure what time the guys will want to eat but the food will be ready whenever and I won't have to do it when I get up. It should be a fairly quiet day - back to work on Tuesday so I hope to just chill and finish up a few little things. Off to bed for a little sleep before watching the parade. Hope you all have your best year ever in 2018.

Monique
January 1st, 2018, 09:10 AM
Happy New Year Cathy.

Star lover
January 1st, 2018, 09:26 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR.....to all and to all a great 2018! ❤️

toggpine
January 1st, 2018, 02:52 PM
Wishing you a wonderful 2018, Cathy! You had quite a visit with your in-laws! My late husband's family was like that. Every visit from them left us with a major repair. How does a towel bar get ripped out of the wall unless someone hangs from it or does it deliberately!

I'm pretty sure they used the towel bar as a hand hold getting in and out of the shower. If we knew there was trouble getting in and out, we would have A. Let them use our shower, B. Gone to Home Depot, bought and installed a safety hand bar.
I'm sure they didn't do it on purpose. They just didn't feel it was necessary to let us know there was a problem so we could address it.
We have the skills to fix it, and thankfully I hadn't already updated the bathroom with the new light and fresh paint. It could have been worse!
It's a new year, and that visit was last year, so I'm going to leave it there. I just needed to vent, as my husband has dealt with them for years and tries to ignore them and their behaviors as much as possible.
I'll be finishing my coffee and breakfast, then heading out to muck out the barns!