PDA

View Full Version : How I spent my New Years Eve Eve Day....

bubba
December 30th, 2017, 11:17 PM
At urgent care with MM!!! He was not feeling well last night when he went to bed and woke up a few times puking in the middle of the night. When I got up, he was still sleeping. He got up shortly after, took his temperature which was almost 102 and immediately asked me to take him to the doctor...he's learning!!

He just finished his antibiotics for his kidney infection last night. They apparently did not do the trick because he still has it! They thought he had a blood infection on top of it, but after two bags of fluid and one of antibiotics, they determined it was only his kidneys.

He is back in bed, hopefully for the night!

grammaterry
December 30th, 2017, 11:19 PM
oH I pray that next year will be a much healthier year for you two. You sure have had trials this year

Cokie
December 30th, 2017, 11:34 PM
Oh, no! At least he went right away. Hopefully he will be feeling better soon. Hopefully the New Year will be better for many of us. Sending you a hug and a prayer for healing and rest.

KPH
December 30th, 2017, 11:43 PM
Bless his heart! I hope 2018 will bring total recuperation and good health for you both!

Debbie Watters
December 30th, 2017, 11:50 PM
Here's hoping that 2018 is the year that is healthy for both of you! Take care ... and if you can - try and have a Happy Near Year! Prayers sent for you and yours ...

pcbatiks
December 31st, 2017, 01:49 AM
Pat, I sure hope that MM has a happier, healthier New Year. You both deserve a peaceful new year.

Monique
December 31st, 2017, 08:31 AM
Yes he is indeed learning. I hope he feels better soon.

Wishing for you and Roger that 2018 bring you both good health.

Bubby
December 31st, 2017, 08:38 AM
That's a miserable way to spend the day. Hopefully he will be able to kick the infection and stay well. 2017 was really rough for you and MM. I'm praying that 2018 will be much healthier and smooth for both of you.

Star lover
December 31st, 2017, 09:24 AM
So sad to hear that he still has an infection......wow, must be a tough one! Happy he learned a good lesson!
I'll continue to pray.......yes, you two have had an unbelievable year! Time for some good times!

seaturtle
December 31st, 2017, 09:52 AM
Sorry to hear, Pat. I hope they got the right drugs this time and he feels better soon. Wishing you both better health in the New Year!

MaggieSue
December 31st, 2017, 09:57 AM
Sorry to hear of yet another trip to UC. Perhaps this treatment will be the magic one. Prayers to all!!!

Caroline T.
December 31st, 2017, 10:56 AM
Pat, so sorry MM is not feeling well. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

KarenC
December 31st, 2017, 11:05 AM
Sorry to hear that he is still fighting infections, but glad to hear he is telling you of problems earlier now and willing to go to the UC sooner these days. Keeping you both in my prayers for good health and healthier days to come.

MRoy
December 31st, 2017, 11:11 AM
I hope MM is feeling much better soon. And I hope 2018 is a healthier, happier year for both of you.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 31st, 2017, 12:39 PM
Just when you think you are out of the woods! Back to urgent care! So sorry to hear it and prayers for a quick recovery!

EnumclawGramma
December 31st, 2017, 01:23 PM
Although It's good to hear he's learning I'm sorry to hear you all are going through this! Keeping you in thought and prayer for a speedy recovery. ***HUGS*** help too!

MissMay
December 31st, 2017, 02:07 PM
SENDING THIS HUG TO BOTH OF YOU, YOU BOTH HAVE HAD A ROUGH YEAR.

toggpine
December 31st, 2017, 02:50 PM
OH Lady! That is not fun. I hope this will straighten out the problem.

bubba
December 31st, 2017, 04:46 PM
When they gave him the IV antibiotics yesterday, he felt better shortly afterwards. Between that and the two huge bags of fluid, I think he is on the right road. For someone who is always drinking water, juice, etc...I was surprised he was dehydrated! The pills they gave him this time and stronger and different type than last time. Only bad side for him is that they taste terrible!

I know I sound like a broken record, but thanks, many thanks to everyone!

LLLinda
December 31st, 2017, 05:42 PM
What a way to ring in the new year! At least he is at home instead of the hospital?

bubba
December 31st, 2017, 05:51 PM
What a way to ring in the new year! At least he is at home instead of the hospital?

That is correct.....we evaded the hospital!

Angelia
January 1st, 2018, 01:19 AM
Best wishes to both of you.