PDA

View Full Version : Ready for the NEW YEAR 2018!!!!

shermur
December 30th, 2017, 08:29 AM
WOW, 2017 has been quite the blur.

Just think, this time last year (2016), the family and I had just moved from Fort Smith, AR to Springfield, MO due to a job transfer for DH. New quilt guild and difficulties of finding a full time job for myself.

By the spring 2016, DH started his platelet transfers and cancer treatments. By summer 2016, DH lost his job and we decided to move near family in Vermont!

New jobs, beautiful fall and lots of family time once the agonizing move was completed in September 2017. Another new quilt guild that falls short of expectations and now experiencing the most brutal winter I have ever endured. It's -11 here this morning and snow is in the forecast AGAIN!

All I know is, I hope that sometime soon, I can organize my sewing/quilt room into a functioning source of income and eventually, create full time.
I miss my children/grandchild in Missouri, I miss my friends and extended family that are still in Missouri and I miss having access to a decent quilt/fabric shop!

It is wonderful that DH is in good health, Halona is in her junior year of high school and we have our noses above the water. I just pray that 2018 is the best year we have had since 2014!

Bubby
December 30th, 2017, 08:40 AM
I hope you and your family have a fabulous 2018. You certainly have gone through hard times. As I have been out and about and wishing others a good New Year, everyone says that 2017 was a hard year. I know it was for us, too. So here's to a wonderful New Year all around!

Monique
December 30th, 2017, 09:18 AM
Sherri, I too wish hope that 2018 is a good year for you. Unfortunately, it is brutally cold EVERYWHERE right now. Not something normal that is for sure. Ottawa was the COLDEST capital city in the world the other day.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

KPH
December 30th, 2017, 10:08 AM
Sherri,

I hope 2018 is one of your bestest years ever! Every time someone expounds on global warming, it seems the next winter is even colder!

I totally get what you're saying about being close to a good local quilt store. The closest ones to us are still 'in town', just on the opposite side of town. It still takes over an hour to get there from here. I never thought about how lucky we really were to have a couple of good shops that we could drop everything and be there in 20 minutes.

I hope 2018 will be a year when your creativity will shine!

KarenC
December 30th, 2017, 10:11 AM
Here's wishing everyone a calm end to 2017 ( it's not over yet) and a great 2018. Monique is right, it is cold everywhere. We have had snow here in Houston in December, and the forecast is predicting very cold ( all things relative) to ring in the ne a year. Stay safe and stay warm.

seaturtle
December 30th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Sherrie, I hope 2018 holds lots of promise for you & your family. As far as the cold goes, this has been a very cold December all over. I can remember running the AC on Christmas a time or two, but not this year! Hope everyone has a safe and warm New Year!

grammaterry
December 30th, 2017, 12:19 PM
Sherri, life sure has thrown a lot of rocks at you this year, but remember all things are for a reason. Find joy in where you are. Teach your new quilt guilt love and patience, hug your husband and the rest of the family, maybe your endeavor to find income in your sewing hobby will be the answer, maybe you will touch someones life and the beams of gratitude will fill your heart.

Navy Wife
December 30th, 2017, 12:37 PM
I love VT, but only in summer! I'm sure you will come to love it also. It was a shock the last time we moved. I was used to the military community and friends already there. It's much harder to just pick up and go to a strange place where you don't know anyone. I missed having the kids to open doors through the school events. But it all comes together.

As for quilt shops, make plans for Keepsake Quilting in the spring. The good thing about VT and NH is they are small states, and easy to get from one place to another.

Claire Hallman
December 30th, 2017, 01:01 PM
Best of good luck for you in 2018 and to us all. Each year has its problems, good for some, not so good for others. Please try to make the very most of each day, it will end up being a better next year.

MaryUK
December 30th, 2017, 08:53 PM
Sherri, all the best for 2018, I hope you can feel more settled in your home life.

With regard to temperatures here, it has been the warmest for many years but that just brings us more rain! Although parts of the country have been badly affected by snow.

We've had a pretty rubbish few years and every year I pray that the new year will be better then life sends us a curved ball. DH and I have a few exciting projects coming up so that will take our minds off the bad things we've had this year.

I wish everyone on the forum along with your families the very best for a happy and healthy New Year!!

jjkaiser
December 31st, 2017, 03:12 AM
Oh Sherry two big moves in one year is just SO much to handle. I hope things in your life settle down and your husband's health continues to improve. I think 2017 pretty much was the worst for me of the last five years so I am not sorry that it's over. Here's to a better and brighter year for all of us in 2018!!! I think we deserve it.

pcbatiks
December 31st, 2017, 01:18 PM
Sherri, I hope you, your DH and your family will enjoy good health and lots of happiness in the New Year. I know this has been a hard year for you'll. Hugs to you.

Anitamae56
December 31st, 2017, 01:22 PM
I think of you often and I had been reading your post all last year, and I knew you have went through a rough year. I am truly wishing you a fantastic 2018.