PDA

View Full Version : My sewing gifts.

MaryUK
December 26th, 2017, 09:10 PM
This Christmas I gave my DGS a quilt for his new bed, he has had a cold and nasty cough for the last few days - well the quilt couldn't have come at a better time! He has not parted with it since Christmas Day he was overjoyed to receive it and spends a lot of his time snuggled under it!!

I made a pleated cushion for DD in the same colours as the 2 throws I made her at the beginning of this year! She was thrilled with the cushion and is amazed with the design!! She won't use it under she has taken her Christmas decorations down.

For DD in-laws I made a Dresden plate table runner in black and white with the centres and binding in red and white polka dot for a pop of colour!! They were so grateful to receive it and thinks it's lovely. DD said there was a hint for a matching cushion for next year!!

You know this is the first year I have felt I have done a good job on my makes and it has given me such a boost to my confidence. I love it when people appreciate my efforts, I hope I don't sound pompous, it's just that I always think I only do an 'OK' job!!

KPH
December 26th, 2017, 10:29 PM
It sounds like your gifts were really appreciated! That's a wonderful feeling!

I think we all feel like we do OK work, but it's nice when someone recognizes the efforts we put in to our gifts.

KarenC
December 27th, 2017, 01:02 AM
Katriba's thoughts exactly.

toggpine
December 27th, 2017, 03:06 AM
It is always good to hear when our handmade gifts are appreciated!

Monique
December 27th, 2017, 08:16 AM
It sounds like your gifts were really appreciated! That's a wonderful feeling!

I think we all feel like we do OK work, but it's nice when someone recognizes the efforts we put in to our gifts.

You took the words right out of my mouth.