PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday, the last one of 2017

Monique
December 26th, 2017, 09:20 AM

No boxing day sales for me today.

Good morning. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. It was a very quiet day here with just the two of us. I did get to speak with my boys. We also enjoyed a most delicious supper at my sister-in-law's. A great time was had by all.

I didn't really do much of anything yesterday. I was in the sewing room and got out the fabric that Maizyn wants me to make her a dress with. Made sure that all the pattern pieces were there but I didn't get any further than that. I may tackle that again today. I do need to put stuff away that was just shoved under the tree and take pictures of all the lovely gifts from the SS swap. I guess laundry too as I have to work tomorrow.

Tonight we are out again, at Les' sister's place for the annual Boxing Day Fondue. It won't be a late night for us because of work.

So today I need to decide what project I need to take with me to keep me busy at work.

Enjoy the last Tuesday of 2017 and have a wonderful day friends.

Star lover
December 26th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Mornin Monique and all who'll follow.....
Just popping in to say hello. I didn't do much yesterday either. Shoveled snow......we were blessed by our neighbors shovelers....they ran over and helped us shovel.....now how sweet is that!

Watched Christmas movies, called family all over the country.....ate, vegged, ate more.....just chilled.
Have no clue what today will bring. Just hoping for NO MORE white stuff. We got over 7" the last 2 days. Wet heavy stuff....

Hope everyone is staying warm, and happy.

Have a great day! Love and BIG hugs to all! ❤️

Ginny B
December 26th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Good morning all. We had a very nice Christmas weekend. We spent Christmas Eve with my sons and my sis and her hubby and then yesterday morning, we woke up to a beautiful scene of a few inches of snow. We had a nice Christmas morning breakfast with ds #1 and 2 and then headed from Peekskill down to my bil's in New Jersey and spent yesterday celebrating with my dh's side of the family. We got home around 8:30 last night and then we celebrated by opening our gifts to each other and then I opened my SS gifts from Cathy (toggpine).

Today is back to work for me. I am so tired. I need to just rest so I am hoping it will be a quiet day at work.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

JCY
December 26th, 2017, 10:03 AM
Good Morning ~ I looked at M*'s Boxing Day sale, but I passed on all of it. I'm really trying to stick with my stash. I'm not even going to drive to Lyons to the quilt store where they have all merchandise 30% off. It's their annual pre-inventory sale between now & New Years. I went last year & stocked up on a bunch of batiks FQs which I haven't even touched yet. I bought the "Twinkle" pattern; it's a project still on my bucket list. Yest. I was in the mood to sew, so I dug out one of my UFOs -- Square-in-a-Square blocks I'd previously made from Kaffe Fassett fabrics. I started sewing sashing in between the blocks. I'm resolved to finish some of my UFOs!

It's 11 deg. this a.m. It never got above 30 yest., but at least it was a sunny day. The 2 rabbits were out in the yard--one huddled on the patio just outside the kitchen window. I felt generous, so put out a carrot for each of them. Most of the time they eat the grass.

Plans for the day include laundry & sewing. I also need to buy a new steam iron, either locally, or order it on line. Between now & the 1st, I need to fill out accounting sheets for the record book for the new year. Tax season is just around the corner. Ugh.

I hope everyone has a good day.

KarenC
December 26th, 2017, 10:05 AM
Happy Boxing Day to Monique and all the other Canadians. Yesterday was a house full and I was tired by the end. Went to bed at 9:30. Today it's back to one on one time babysitting Amara. It'seems so cozy under these warm covers, I hate to get out of bed. Need to reach out to family that I didn't get to chat with yesterday.

KPH
December 26th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Good Morning All,

We weren't very busy yesterday. The grands and their dad came over for presents Christmas morning. They played, had lunch, and went home for naps. They were going to Grammy's for Christmas and dinner there.

My uncle would call today his birthday eve. Tomorrow he'll be another year older.

I pulled my box of hexies out and did a few before I decided that a walk on the beach would be nice. It was nice to be out when it wasn't crowded. someone got a drone for Christmas. They were having a ball with it. A fisherman was trying his best to catch something. The sea gulls were diving out past the breakers a little further down the beach, and the sandpipers danced on the waters edge.

We came home and had left overs. lol, and we'll have left overs today. Some of the Italian Beef will end up in the freezer for later.

Not sure what today will bring. I need to set up the tablet DH gave me for Christmas and try out the little digital camera MIL gave me. DH was surprised with his membership to an archery club, it's on the way to Nana and Nandy's so I figured he'll get to use it at least once a week, if he wants.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Prayers for those in need.

Bubby
December 26th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Morning Everyone...I woke up yesterday with a fever and chills. I slept off and on most of the day. We talked to my DD and the Grands and Jeff talked to his Mom. I didn't feel well enough to cook, so Jeff made egg sandwiches and all was fine. I will cook our Christmas meal later this week when I feel good.

It's quite dreary here this morning. Dottie is still in bed and I may join her for an hour or so. Jeff is back to work today.

Glad to hear everyone had a fun Christmas. Santa was wonderful to us.

Have a good day everyone. Hugs...

laura44
December 26th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Morning everyone. Been up all night, combination of my husband coughing
with a cold and the pain I am experiencing because of a kidney stone.
Did have a nice dinner with all my kids. Wish I could have them all together
more than once a year.

Cathy F
December 26th, 2017, 11:13 AM
Morning all,
Had a lovely Christmas day here which started with my daughter and son-in-law and granddog coming out in the morning and we opened stockings. Our son and daughter-in-law, grandchildren and dates came over around one. We all ate too much and enjoyed each other's company. Everyone left around 9pm, so a long day for sure but a good one. Got to bed around 11,after getting most of the clean up done. Finished the clean up this morning and now I can enjoy my coffee. Have a pile by the door of who forgot what, hopefully they realize they left gifts here and re-clcaim them.
This week starts the "big" cleanup in the sewing room, ugggh!