PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Day Greetings! :)

JCY
December 25th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Good morning, one & all ~ Merry Christmas! I woke up before the alarm went off. Not quite as cold this a.m. -- 18 deg. instead of 0. I suppose it's all relative. Plenty of snow out there to give us our White Christmas. I talked to my son in Sumner, WA last night. It was snowing there; they'll be having a rare white Christmas.

Because it's Mon. a.m., I'll do the usual laundry. No special plans for the day. It's just DH & me. We'll read the Christmas story from Scripture & pray for our loves ones & exchange our cards. We quit exchanging gifts many years ago. I'm just thankful he's still here with me to share the day.

I hope everyone has a great day, whether you're celebrating with family/friends or whether you're alone. We're never really alone. God sent His Son as Emmanuel, God with us. Let's rejoice in the Reason for the Season and count our blessings. God bless you all.

Star lover
December 25th, 2017, 10:16 AM
Merry Christmas Joy and all who'll follow.
No special plans for me either....probably laundry....I've got plenty following our families elebration last night.

Cold here, 15' and about 5" of snow yesterday. It's blowing and looks really cold too! But I do see a sliver of sun trying to peek out....I sure hope it does. The Son makes everything better. Yes I meant Son. And I mean the sun too.

May everyone who celebrates Christ today, have a blessed day.

KarenC
December 25th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Merry Christmas to all. 36 here in TX, cold enough for me. DD's family and her dad are expected in a few hours to exchange gifts and SIL's family is joining around 1 for dinner. 14 folks in all, so I guess it's time to get out of bed and start the cooking prep, and finish setting the table. Did all the cleaning last night. Everything looks so nice I hate to go mess it up. First I need to search Internet for how to place the silverware. For some reason I never can remember that.
Prayers for everyone to be safe today.

KPH
December 25th, 2017, 10:53 AM
Good Morning All,

We had a delightful time yesterday with the in-laws. DIL's family- Mom, brother, both of her grandmother's, 1 grandfather, (other grandfather will be flying in today- he's a Santa's helper in Wisconsin were able to join us for 'lupper'. DS#1 got to enjoy all of the childhood favorites that he enjoyed at Christmas at home. No turkey, just Italian Beef and Ham. I won't have to cook for a while. Everyone enjoyed themselves. DIL's father actually got to leave the restaurant that he manages. He arrived before DS#2 who had to stay at work because of a mad rush. I don't know who was tireder the grands from their Christmas Day early (mom's working today) or DS#2 because of the last minute Toys R Us.

I told DH last night, we had enough sweets I wasn't going to make a Sausage Bread. Tired son was like NOoooooooooo, you can't have Christmas morning without Sausage Bread. SO first thing this morning I mixed one up. It's in the oven baking and he's still sleeping. I won't wait on him to cook it.

DS#1 will be back this morning with the kids. We gave them the gift from Grandma Dot (their great grandma- DH's mom). They loved it all. I can't wait for DH to print out the pictures so we can send them to her. We gave Morgan all of her Christmas last night. Gifts I'd made for the inlaws were passed out too. I watched Nana open theirs, a table runner and placemats that I'd made (yellows and grays) she loved them. Grandma ma opened hers- coffee mugs and mug rugs, I told her a cheese ball was in the freezer, not to forget it- and she didn't. Morgan's mom and dad got to open theirs together- snowmen placemats and mug rugs. They matched her sunshiny personality. All in all it was a really good evening for all.

I went to bed at 10 last night. I was pooped! I woke up around 7:30. I couldn't believe I slept that long! Well, best get started. Bundles of energy will be here before you know it!

They'll have their second big day today. They're going to everybody else's house today.

JulieC
December 25th, 2017, 11:02 AM
Merry Christmas, everyone! It's a white Christmas in Northeast Ohio -- 23 deg. for the high today. I'm not sure how much snow we received yesterday; a little over 2" so far. The snow plow service I hired only comes out if there's 2" or more. At least another inch is on the way. In a couple of hours, I'll be crossing the street to spend the day with my Mom and one of my sisters (she lives with Mom). We're going to Skype with our sister in Texas. We've never done that before, I'm hoping it won't confuse Mom too much.

Have a joyful, safe holiday!

Monique
December 25th, 2017, 11:30 AM
Good morning and Merry Christmas everyone.

We also got snow through the night. Hubby and I opened some gifts last night. This morning I got to open all the SS gifts and what beautiful gifts I got. I will get a picture later.

Later today we will be going to Les' brother's house for Christmas dinner. I will be making buns a little later on. I finished a wall hanging that is to be a gift. Other than that, I may have to have a nap later as we were up at 6am.

Have a blessed day everyone no matter what your plans are. Drive safely.

Carolnnc
December 25th, 2017, 11:48 AM

Good morning to all my forum friends. Thank you for all the smiles, laughter, prayers and sometimes tears. You all have given me so much this year and I am so grateful.

The food is in the oven and crock pots, DH & I have opened our presents & the house is clean. My brother, his girlfriend & my mom will arrive at noon so I now have time to take a nap:)

I am so excited to try out my new rulers. I have books & DVDs from Eleanor Burns and am looking forward to making some new quilts in 2018. I had picked out some shirtings online and DH ordered those for me. He also did an outstanding job of surprising me with a gift certificate from Massage Envy.

For those who have snow I am so envious! It was 70 degrees yesterday and it's around 50 today.

Blessings, safe travels and lots of love to all!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
December 25th, 2017, 11:56 AM
Good morning and Merry Christmas everyone.
It's a beautiful light snow falling and -7. We are enjoying fresh baked croissants, a tradition in my family for 40+ years. Oh and lots of coffee. It will be a quiet day today with DH. We had our xmas dinner on Saturday with our 4 kids and 5 grandchildren. It was nice, as there can be one or two of single sons who are stuck working. We moved our dinner and gift exchange. This way, the grandkids are not tired of all the travelling and going here and there. We have done this a few years ago and love it. The kids are 'fresh' and relaxed. Always plenty of food and, our cats go into hiding until the kids are gone. I was pooped and dropped into bed for 12 hours. House is back to normal.
A girlfriend who lost her mom (that was all her family) a few month ago came over for dinner yesterday. She gave me another quilt ornament which I will add to my sewing room decor. 148812
DH are both quilters, so we will go to our happy place. Maybe do some snow-shoeing tomorrow after the snow fall is done. 148812

LLLinda
December 25th, 2017, 12:04 PM
No special plans for us today. DH will be making soup and I will be doing laundry and quilting. Probably scrubbing kitchen floor when DH is finished. KATRINA, I am going to see if your recipe for sausage bread is posted here. If not, could you post a link please? Our celebrations were all completed Friday night.

Cathy F
December 25th, 2017, 12:20 PM
A quick Merry Christmas to all and to say how grateful I am to be a part off this wonderful forum. Off to start meal preparations.

seaturtle
December 25th, 2017, 12:26 PM
Good morning, everyone. Merry Christmas from GA. We don't have snow, but we had more than enough a few weeks ago. It's a balmy 46 out right now, so we'll get a fire going soon. Pie is in the oven & when that's done, the standing rib roast will go in. Just dropping by to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas!

Hulamoon
December 25th, 2017, 12:40 PM
My dd's came over yesterday, so today I'm just going to repot some plants and maybe make some spaghetti (really just marinara) sauce for some eggplant parm for the freezer. Nothing special.

Merry Christmas!

Angelia
December 25th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Quiet day here--we still have a dusting of snow, so a semi-white Christmas. We're changing up our traditional roast Christmas goose for steaks on the grill this year.

Enjoy your holiday.

laura44
December 25th, 2017, 01:36 PM
Merry Christmas to all, You have all become an important
part of my day! Jesus is the reason for the season!

Carlie Wolf
December 25th, 2017, 01:37 PM
Merry Christmas everyone. I'm sitting here snacking on chocolate covered cherries, one of the wonderful gifts from my Secret Santa here. What amazing work Scooter does and I love her taste in fabric and design. Did I say I just love opening presents on Christmas Day? I do and always have. I never grew up. My sister sent me a homemade Santa pillow that say's "Believe". That was so "me" even as a child.

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy all of you all through the year in this Forum. You are all amazing :-)

grammaterry
December 25th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Merry Christmas Forum friends. DH is still very sick with the cold I gave him for Christmas, Mine is getting better. We opened our gifts to each other and it was a calm and subdued event. He is doing his best not to be grouchy which is the best gift of all. I don't know if we will be up to the 4 hour drive to DD's tomorrow but we will see.
I made the big meal last night but DH said the Turkey breast has a saline injection that made him ill. I can't please him when he is ill. God will get me thru this . We woke up to a dusting of snow. It was too cold to do much snowing.
Make Earl (the cat) a catnip bag and he is zonked on the couch. Sammy bird opened her package of a braided piece of fabric. She is content. She loves Santa Claus .
Getting ready to call the children and wish them a Merry and hopefully I will get my Mother to answer her phone so I can wish her one as well.
Joy to the world and All a Merry Christmas. I love you all and am so grateful for your love and friendship

GrammaBabs
December 25th, 2017, 02:12 PM
Merry Christmas Terry.... your in my thoughts.... I know what it is to live with a "Mr. Crankypants"....LOL although i must say he has mellowed a whole lot since our move here to the retirement comm. and being able to retire...
We have had to play the day by ear because the snow means that SIL and GS have work to do.. he has a landscape/plowing business and is very diligent about keeping his customer's properties safe and clean...
No problem... we all live within 30min. of each other...
Just made hubs a couple of dropped eggs on toast to "tide him over"...DD has made Meatballs and Sausage to bring.. and they will open our gifts to them... at her MIL's house... She is a widow and pretty much to herself until we all pile in on her...
Son is in Florida... so it's just a small bunch,, but full of love and hugs if GB has anything to say about it! Hope you feel better and hubs too... you deserve the best in life my friend... Hugs, GB/aka Barbara Johnson

KPH
December 25th, 2017, 03:21 PM
No special plans for us today. DH will be making soup and I will be doing laundry and quilting. Probably scrubbing kitchen floor when DH is finished. KATRINA, I am going to see if your recipe for sausage bread is posted here. If not, could you post a link please? Our celebrations were all completed Friday night.

I don't remember posting it here. I'll get my book out and type it up and post it in a new thread.

Mary Lynn
December 25th, 2017, 07:23 PM
Got up early & made pie to take to DS for dinner. We had several inches of snow through the night & had strong wind all day. I packed the car with presents, food & extra clothes for myself in case i was unable to make it home this afternoon. I felt like Santa loading his sleigh with all the stuff I had. Roads were all plowed, with snow blowing across, but no real problem. Enjoyed my day with family & home safely before dark.
DH is in Florida & we haven’t connected yet today. He went golfing early this morning & now he is having his Christmas dinner with friends. I’ll hear from him later. First Christmas in 43 years apart. I am looking forward to Saturday when I fly down to be with him for three weeks.
Hope everyone has had a blessed day.

LLLinda
December 25th, 2017, 08:16 PM
Terry, I completely understand not being able to please your DH. Ever since mine had his stroke his tastes have changed as has his attitude. Some days fine but if I had to guess I would say the bad outweighs the good. I have gone on cooking strikes a time or two because of it.