PDA

View Full Version : 'Twas The Night Before Christmas

Nidan_07
December 23rd, 2017, 11:18 PM
G'Day Peeps,

Just a quick stop in. It has been such a long time. Please don't think I have not thought of you all often and fondly, but I am nearing the end of what has been a very difficult year for me. I will be glad to see the end of it, and have expectations of the next one being so much better!!

It started with major knee surgery with a 3 month recovery, going back to full time work, losing my fur baby very suddenly, my dear Mum getting sick and passing away, changing jobs again and a some other stuff in the mix. I have not had very much spare time for sewing, and when I have had the time, the energy has just not been there.

On the up side: I love my new job for so many reasons, our Nathan graduated high school with great marks and has been accepted into his first choice University and Degree course. Miss Maeve also thrived in her first year of high school, got great marks and chose some great elective subjects for next year. Anthony is doing some serious consideration with his career and we are all healthy. Onward and upward for us!!

I am sure that there are many on our forum that have done it a lot harder than me this year. I feel for you all.
Here's hoping that next year brings many great things for us all.

Another upside is that so far chances are excellent for me to attend retreat next year!! Yeehaa. I really hope I can catch up with some dear friends and meet some new ones. Looking forward to having an wine or two with you all - allegedly!

I have been busy in the kitchen all morning, and still have some cooking to get done. No wrapping done yet either. Christmas has really crept up on me this year, and I am way behind schedule. Not to worry. It will all fall into place by tomorrow.

So....my best wishes to you all for a safe and happy Christmas. Cherish your loved ones and enjoy your time together. Time with them is the best gift we have.

Please see if we can make it right to the end again this year. Here we go:

'Twas the night before Christmas,
and all through the house.....

KPH
December 23rd, 2017, 11:20 PM
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

stitching woman
December 23rd, 2017, 11:24 PM
The stocking were hung by the chimney with care.

Cokie
December 23rd, 2017, 11:25 PM
In hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there

Jean Sewing Machine
December 24th, 2017, 06:47 AM
Oh, Lenore! It is so good to hear from you! I am so sorry to hear that things have been rough for you, and you have my sympathy for losing your mom! But 2018 will be good, and such exciting news that you might be able to come to the retreat! Happy holidays to you and yours! And TimTams will be forever my favorite cookie! We can get them locally now!

Mary Lynn
December 24th, 2017, 07:46 AM
Then what to my wondering eyes should appear

This post brought back memories of reading this story to my sons when they were little. Thank you

Monique
December 24th, 2017, 09:39 AM
The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads;

**Merry Christmas** to you and yours from me and mine. May 2018 bring you good health and much happiness.

Sandy Navas
December 24th, 2017, 09:51 AM
Great to hear from my favorite down-under pal.

And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,Had just settled our brains for a long winter's nap,

Ginny B
December 24th, 2017, 10:36 AM
Great to hear from you Lenore. Have a Merry Christmas!

"When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter! I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter."

Patty J
December 24th, 2017, 01:13 PM
Threw open the shutters and threw up the sash.

Navy Wife
December 24th, 2017, 01:17 PM
When what to my wondering eyes should appear..

Navy Wife
December 24th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Uh Oh! I got that one wrong! Let's see what comes next...

The moon on the breast of the new fallen snow, gave the luster of midday to objects below...

auntiemern
December 25th, 2017, 06:33 PM
Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below

auntiemern
December 25th, 2017, 06:40 PM
On a more personal note...I am beyond excited to hear from you Lenore. I wondered where you had gotten off to. Sorry to hear that it has been so rough this past year. My extreme condolences at the loss of your mom. You must be so proud of Anthony.... I will keep my fingers crossed and prayers said that you will make it back to the retreat next year.

GuitarGramma
December 26th, 2017, 04:19 AM
(So glad to hear from you, but so sorry about all you went hrough this year. )

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature sleigh with eight tiny reindeer,