PDA

View Full Version : I just gotta say....

Astatoo
December 23rd, 2017, 03:20 PM
After spending the morning celebrating Christmas with our kids and their sig. others I am so proud of them. DD hosted for the first time and she did an awesome job, food was great and even DS brought a breakfast beef roll that he cooked in his smoker. It was such a delight to spend time with them--they have even picked super partners in life, both husband and girlfriend are fun to have as part of the family. AND they came up with such great gifts to offer, for DH and I they gave us a 1/4 cut of a cow-really they got a plastic cow and cut it into 4 pieces and gave us one of the pieces to symbolize the fact they had ordered us some meat to use in our new smoker. We all had a very nice early holiday.

Caroline T.
December 23rd, 2017, 03:26 PM
Love the cow presentation. LOL

So glad you had a wonderful celebration with your family.

Bubby
December 23rd, 2017, 03:36 PM
It's always nice when everyone gets along and you can enjoy your children as adults. I'm happy it turned out so nice.

KPH
December 23rd, 2017, 04:04 PM
It sounds like everyone had a good time! Love the 1/4 cow!

snippet
December 23rd, 2017, 04:15 PM
That pride of how well your kids have grown up to be adults has to be the best present ever!

It sounds like a great time; I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. What a great way to give that cow gift! lol

KarenC
December 23rd, 2017, 05:11 PM
Sounds awesome. All of it!

Monique
December 23rd, 2017, 05:34 PM
Sounds awesome.

Patty J
December 23rd, 2017, 05:43 PM
I might have to steal that cow idea. There are several butcher places that offer cow halves/quarters/whole nearby, with beef as expensive as it is this would be a wonderful gift. Thanks for the idea-- I'll tuck it away for next year.

seaturtle
December 23rd, 2017, 06:51 PM
What a wonderful feeling that is. I love the cow idea, so creative. Merry Christmas, Beth!

grammaterry
December 23rd, 2017, 07:10 PM
I'm so glad you have such a wonderful family and they have cute ideas

auntiemern
December 23rd, 2017, 10:19 PM
Sounds like a great day.

sewbizzy
December 24th, 2017, 01:03 AM
It sounds like great time with your family...and the 1/4 of a cow---a neat gift...dh and I always love gifts like that...

Georgie Girl
December 24th, 2017, 01:09 AM
What a creative idea. Kids are always like what do we get mom and dad. For my birthday this year my DD bought me one of those meals that get delivered to your house because she knows how I love to cook. I got three meals and it was fun. Happy that you all had a great time.