Monique
December 23rd, 2017, 09:35 AM

I couldn't resist.

Bubby
December 23rd, 2017, 09:47 AM
You will be missed...lol!!

JCY
December 23rd, 2017, 10:06 AM
Good Morning ~ Not quite as cold this a.m. -- 16 deg. instead of 10. It got up to 40 deg. yest. so we had considerable melting of the snow. Not sure it still will be here on Christmas Day.

Yeah! I finished the Anne of Green Gables Christmas table runner last night. Did the last of the FMQ then got the binding sewn on. I haven't had time to take pics yet. During my sewing work yest. I discovered my iron was on the fritz. Well, I paid only $5.00 for it on a clearance sale 4 yrs. ago, so I certainly got my money's worth. Now I'm shopping for a new iron. I had saved my old iron which I'd had forever. It's so old it doesn't even have a polarized plug. But it still works. It will get me by until I can get a new one. I'm certainly not going to brave the maddening crowd of last min. Christmas shoppers.

My next quilting project probably will be the finished top & backing I had set aside so I could work on the Christmas items. It's one of Donna Jordan's patterns. It's just waiting to be sandwiched & quilted. I also want to open up that large roll of batting I bought some weeks ago. I need to divide it into 2 smaller rolls that will be easier to manage.

DH is waiting for breakfast. Don't get stressed out with last min. prep. for the holiday. Enjoy the season & the Reason for the season.

KPH
December 23rd, 2017, 10:44 AM
Good Morning All,

Joy, you're so right. Stressing doesn't accomplish anything. I don't strive for perfection, I strive for it tastes good. I baked a pound cake yesterday. DS#1 called when I needed to check it. New oven and all, it was done 10 minutes early. I pulled it out and continued talking on the phone instead of turning it out. Dag gum thing stuck. Oh well. I turned the pretty side toward the kitchen and the balding side to the back! DH is going... are you going to bake another one? well NO. We don't need it, it wasn't going to be a gift, and if our guests are that particular they can eat fudge instead. Grandma always said, the worst looking cakes always tasted the best. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Only a few more things to make before our big Christmas Eve celebration. Copper pennies and the Aunt Alma's Veg-All casserole are on the list of pre do's today. Then tomorrow the ham, mashed potatoes and deviled eggs. I got the butternut squash that I'd roasted out of the freezer. Since we have a couple of guests that are mostly gluten free, I'm not going to make the normal casserole, with the streusel and nuts on top. I roasted the squash with cinnamon, cloves and a little nutmeg, so I'm just going to mash them like sweet potatoes.

It's been a while since we've had guests on Christmas Eve. It was always a big deal when the kids were little. Once Jim started band, there were performances after dinner. We had our own little Christmas band to play while we sang or just listened. The kids would make a program and print it out on the computer. I found some of them in Mom's stuff before we moved. I'm wondering what instrument DS#1 will bring over- he's gone from the flute to guitar, mandolin, violin, bass, banjo. I know he's playing Oh Holy Night tomorrow at the church service... acoustic guitar.

DS#2 hasn't gotten his work schedule for next week, so we don't know what hours he's going to be working at Toys R Us on Christmas Eve. I'm hoping he'll be on early, so he won't miss the dinner.

DGS#1 lost his first tooth yesterday. He and his dad were out doing the last minute Stocking stuff. They stopped for lunch and he lost it in his apple. They came by here to show us! Our homeschool kid is growing up.

The fog is starting to lift. Breakfast is in the oven. I'd best get started.

Merry Christmas!

MaggieSue
December 23rd, 2017, 10:47 AM
Good Morning! Today I will bake cookies. Can only do at the last minute or they seem to disappear! Ho,ho,ho!!! Will be setting up the table in anticipation of all of the children and grands coming home tomorrow noon. Then when all leave I take potatoes and cookies to my Mothers house for evening meal there with my siblings and Mother. While my Children and Grands go to their homes for their immediate family Christmas. Wishing all a very Merry Christmas!!!

grammaterry
December 23rd, 2017, 11:58 AM
My cold has diminished but DH has come down with it last night. He is definitely more miserable than everyone else. He is blaming me and said last night, "I wish I knew where you got that" and I replied , "what difference does it make now, its here"
He is coughing and hacking and won't take anything to make it better... I'm hoping he will get better by Christmas. I hate to miss going to the Family Christmas gathering the day after Christmas.
ANyway, today I will finish wrapping gifts. I had to scurry yesterday because the items I ordered for the Grands didn't materialize so I had to go through the things that are here and come up with ten satisfactory presents. It will work out.
Thought I might make butter cookies today for DH but now that hes sick I may not. I may just retreat to my sewing room and work on that window covering.
Its overcast here today and the cold front is on its way. The cat seems needy this morning but the bird is being very quiet. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and exciting holiday festivities. Let us all remember how lucky we are to be free and loved by God

LLLinda
December 23rd, 2017, 12:36 PM
Our family celebration was last night and all went well. Good food and no fighting. I aways enjoy seeing everyone but there is always a big sigh of relief when it is over and everything is cleaned up. Today I can relax and do as I please, in jammies. At least for a while. Merry Christmas to all.

Bubby
December 23rd, 2017, 12:51 PM
We woke up to a dusting of snow this morning. It was pretty but it will be gone by noon or so. This afternoon is our neighborhood holiday gathering at our house. I made a few finger foods and we have plenty of cookies, coffee and punch. Last year I made Mexican hot cocoa...too much work while a crowd is everywhere. Dottie loves things like this because there is a chance she will get a nibble here and there. I hope our neighbors goats don't follow them here.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day. Hugs........

Ginny B
December 23rd, 2017, 12:54 PM
Good morning all. It's a bit of a rainy one here. I don't need to go anywhere though so that's fine. I will be making the sauce for tomorrow evenings dinner and also baking cookies. I have a few presents to wrap too. Tomorrow morning we will be heading up to Peekskill to my sons '. My sis and her hubby will come up later in the day and we will have a nice dinner together. Unfortunately though ds#2 is not feeling too festive. He and his new girlfriend broke up the other day. Hopefully having family around will cheer him up a bit.

We will spend the night there and then head to NJ to spend Christmas afternoon with Dh's brother and his family. Sis and her hubby will be heading to NJ also but they will leave Christmas Eve night. They want to be at her hubbys daughter's house for Christmas morning to be with the grandkids.

Happy baking/cooking everyone. Terry, hope your Dh's cold gets better quickly. Have a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day everyone. Safe travels for all. Merry Christmas

Carlie Wolf
December 23rd, 2017, 01:18 PM
Rainy here today, no snow on the ground. They say it will be 26 degrees Christmas eve but then forecast rain for that evening. Not sure why but maybe we will get a little snow for Christmas. I mean...really...how often are the weathermen correct these days ?? :-)
Nothing doing here. I'm ALL caught up, even cleaning so from now till Christmas it's veggie time, curl up with a book!

JCY, I seem to need a new iron every year. You'd think by now I'd know not to get a cheap one :-)

CraftyJnet
December 23rd, 2017, 02:22 PM
It is overcast and a little gloomy here. I'm waiting for two more gifts to arrive and then I'll be done with the wrapping. It's always a relief when I can put the wrapping paper and tags back in the cupboard in the garage. The ribbon goes in my craft 'room' of course. I say 'room' because it is a tiny room with no closet between the garage and the house. I've got it crammed full of scrapbooking and sewing stuff. It is so small that when someone wants to go to the garage I have to stand up and push my chair under the desk, if you get what I mean, so they can get by me.

Anyway, I want to thank you all for being here this past year. I look forward every morning to reading about your lives and your families and your sewing successes. I feel like you are all my friends. Take care and have a very Merry Christmas.

Cathy F
December 23rd, 2017, 03:53 PM
Jumping in later than usual today. Was busy this morning wrapping the stocking stuffers and sorting the gifts into the gift bags. Happy that job is done.
Tomorrow morning will bake my cheesecake and get the dining room set up for Christmas dinner. We will be out Christmas Eve and then our daughter and son-in-law will be here Christmas morning so want to have everything done before the chaos starts.
Sewing room is closed till the new year and it gets a deep cleaning. Glad to say I was able to get everything done but it looks like as disaster area!

Wishing everyone safe travels over the holiday, looking forward to 2018 with all of you!

Mary Lynn
December 23rd, 2017, 07:02 PM
Good afternoon everyone. This morning I madeNanimo bars to take to DS on Christmas. They were always his favourite. On Boxing Day if weather is ok I will go to my family’s Christmas. They do a $20 gift exchange & I hadn’t gotten anything yet. I didn’t want to go shopping so I took an apron panel that I had, backed it with a remnant from my stash & quilted it. Turned out very well.

Tomorrow after church I will make pies for Christmas Day