PDA

View Full Version : Friday at last

Monique
December 22nd, 2017, 09:43 AM

Good morning my dear friends. It's finally Friday and I hope, for many of you, that it is the start of an extra long weekend for you as Christmas approaches.

The living room floor and hallway floors got a much needed wash yesterday while hubby was out and about. A load of laundry was also done, and dishes washed. Then it was off to the sewing room to get the row finished for today. I have lost the googly eyes for the birds and I have looked high and low and can't find them. I obviously put them where I could find them, don't you think? Bonnie has some that I can go get. I only need 3 of them. I am going to have ONE more look.

Les and I are meeting with Claude and Line for lunch and we will exchange our gifts. The row is for him and for her I made her a set of soup bowl cozies and dish clothes. She was looking at the cozies at the craft fair we attended and commented that I could make those. Well I did and they were fairly easy to do.

Les came home yesterday with the cutest idea for us all to make. They are a pair of Santa pants that hold 2 bottles of wine. I think this is such a cute idea. Everyone is getting wine next year, lol!!

Les' sister called and invited us over for the annual Boxing Day fondue. I bring the buns (as I always do). This one should be interesting to say the least. First of all it is in my mother-in-law's house and SIL is always high on pills. (That is another story for another day).

So that is what today is shaping up to be for me. I am sure all you busy elves are trying to get ready for the BIG day. Have a wonderful day my friends.

Star lover
December 22nd, 2017, 10:01 AM
Oh Monique, I'd rather NOT be bright eyed and bushy tailed, if catching a squirrel fixed it all! Loved the laugh.....and the visual...
Have a wonderful visit with friends and family!

Well today is my big day. 2 pies, and a bunch of other stuff to get done. DH has through New Years off and since the out of towners canceled, he wants to treat me to a Saturday special.....not sure what all that envolves, but I'm game. But that means getting most everything done today as Sunday is our big day. The kids all go to the in laws on Christmas Day.

I won't be on here, except for a peek on and again, until after the first of the year. I'll really miss y'all and our daily meetings.
But times always seems to fly when you're having fun, as they say.
So I hope everyone has a blessed Christmas season and a healthy one too!

JCY
December 22nd, 2017, 10:04 AM
Good Morning ~ Brrr! It's only 10 deg. this a.m. I had to tweak the thermostat up a hair because the house felt cool. After our a.m. snow yest., which quit ~9:30, we had a few sun breaks, but there were continued flurries for a while. The paper said we got 1.7", but it looked closer to 2.5" on our picnic table. Our snow angel from church came to shovel our driveway. What a blessing he is. If it stays cold, we'll still have snow on the ground for Christmas.

Yest. I did more FMQ on the Christmas table runner. The main body is done; I have ~1/2 of the border yet to do. I hope to finish that today & start on the binding.

It hardly seems possible that in 3 days Christmas will be here. These days DH has to choose from my stash of Christmas cards for a card for me, since he no longer drives. He always writes a sentimental note. I bought his card a few wks. ago at Hobby Lobby; they have a nice selection of Christian greeting cards. We have not exchanged gifts for many years.

Yest. we both got our ears lowered. I cut my hair in the a.m. & gave DH his hair cut in afternoon. It had been 7 wks. for him; he was looking a bit shaggy.

No more time now. Have a wonderful week end & Christmas holiday.

KPH
December 22nd, 2017, 10:05 AM
Yippee! It's Friday...
Agenda for today, Pound Cake, Italian Beef, Copper Pennies, and Watergate Salad.

Haircuts for the guys

Clean the bathrooms, dust, vacuum, etc.

Oh boy!

Monique
December 22nd, 2017, 10:24 AM
Oh Monique, I'd rather NOT be bright eyed and bushy tailed, if catching a squirrel fixed it all! Loved the laugh.....and the visual...
Have a wonderful visit with friends and family!

Well today is my big day. 2 pies, and a bunch of other stuff to get done. DH has through New Years off and since the out of towners canceled, he wants to treat me to a Saturday special.....not sure what all that envolves, but I'm game. But that means getting most everything done today as Sunday is our big day. The kids all go to the in laws on Christmas Day.

I won't be on here, except for a peek on and again, until after the first of the year. I'll really miss y'all and our daily meetings.
But times always seems to fly when you're having fun, as they say.
So I hope everyone has a blessed Christmas season and a healthy one too!

Oh Anita what will we do without you? See you next year!!:icon_wave::icon_wave::icon_wave::icon_wave: :icon_wave::icon_wave::icon_wave:

Navy Wife
December 22nd, 2017, 10:31 AM
Y'all are so energetic! I used to be. This Christmas will not be one of my best. I have pneumonia, of all things. I'm still trying to get cards out, but they will have to be New Year's cards. I only send 10 or 12 to old friends that we don't see. It's hard to believe that one of these will go to a couple we've known since 1960!

Well, I guess today I will try to sew a little. I still have my ancient UFO in the works. Would love to finish it this week. We plan to go to Star Wars on Christmas afternoon. Just us 2 and a single lonesome friend. Our family gathering will be Wednesday. Two grandchildren and 3 great grands will be there. It will be a circus, but fun if I can get over this illness..

Star lover
December 22nd, 2017, 10:34 AM
Well.....it's just over a week.....think of it as a vacation.....from me!

Say this with a Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator voice........"I'll be back!"

mischiefkat
December 22nd, 2017, 11:24 AM
Good Morning All,
Well, it appears I may be getting all the Christmas prep done......wrapped the last few gifts, made a batch of Seven Layer Bars, DH took the last Rum Cake to it's recipient this morning.... still have to make up 3 containers of cookies for casual friends. I will do those as soon as the Seven Layer Bars are cool enough.
Then tomorrow I will start the dinner prep as we will celebrate Christmas Eve.... DD, SIL and DS all work Christmas Day. I will have GS's 2&3 Christmas Day while mom & dad work,
I have seen so many really great Christmas gifts on the forum this week, that instead of putting my Christmas fabric away I think I will make a couple of table runners & some hot pads. Maybe even try those coasters.
Well, need to finish my coffee and get going again. I need to wash some floors too. I have totally trashed the kitchen floor with all the dropping I did.
Everyone have a great day. Hugs & prayers to all. Kathy

grammaterry
December 22nd, 2017, 11:40 AM
Woke up later this morning. THe cold seems a little bit better. I can't believe all the drainage. First day I've had a headache with it though.
Today I am looking forward to going in the sewing room and trying out those cute woven coasters someone made and posted yesterday. It looks easy and fun. I will also try to sandwich the big window cover so it is ready for the designing. I just haven't felt very creative for a couple of days and I finished all the stuff that was ready to sew. Starting a new project seems to be difficult for me lately. Can't motivate.
Dropped off a refund to the new owner of the restaurant. It came to me instead. She said, Oh that's yours and I pointed out to her that she had paid for the propane when we closed the loan. She didn't remember. Scares me that she isn't up on finances.
Then, we went to the animal shelter to see if we could find a baby maine coon kitten for Earl for Christmas. No luck. I've looked on craigslist but nothing there either. I really like the breed so I guess we'll hold out. More kittens will be born in the spring.
I'll just have to make him a catnip bag for Christmas company I guess.
DD won two vacation days for her ugly sweater contest at work. she bought one of those elf costumes. It was cute but I couldn't say ugly. I guess I don't get the ugly sweater thing. I'm suppose to wear one to her Christmas get together. I bought a wool cardigan at Goodwin and gluegunned 4 felt snowmen on to it. That's as ugly as I could think of.
Have a great day all. Prayers to the sick and unhappy. Joy to those of you who will have family with you. Peace to the world.

Bubby
December 22nd, 2017, 11:41 AM
Anita...You will be missed big bunches. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas....Hugs.

Star lover
December 22nd, 2017, 11:54 AM
Anita...You will be missed big bunches. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas....Hugs.

Barb, hugs to you too! I too wish you, Jeff and Dottie, the best Christmas ever! You have sure brightened soooooo many lives here and you deserve a special holiday just for you..... since that can't be arranged I wish you a healthy, happy, joyful Christmas season and continued blessing through the new year! Love and BIG hugs!

seaturtle
December 22nd, 2017, 11:56 AM
Morning all,

I haven't been on this thread in so long! It's good to be back!

I finished up my Christmas sewing yesterday, and have now moved on to baking, wrapping, and cleaning. I will do them in that order, too. That way if I run out of time, it's only the cleaning that will be undone. We will host the Christmas dinner at our place on Christmas day. Some years, the day gets moved around or we do 2 celebrations, but after having the Thanksgiving marathon (3 dinners in a week), I told them to pick one day and that's when we would get together. I can't do the multiples anymore.

Monique, I love those Santa drawers! What a cute idea for next year.
Have a wonderful Christmas, Anita, and we'll see you next year.
Terry, I must have been AWOL when you retired from the restaurant. Congratulations! I'll have to go look for the story.
I need to get moving - have a great day everyone!

Claire Hallman
December 22nd, 2017, 01:00 PM
Merry Christmas to one and all.
I got a similar elf pants bag last year and it fit on our fireplace tool set just perfectly. I filled it with some plastic bags then put some tiny wrapped packages peeking out the top. I might make some for friends next year using it for a pattern.
Our plans got changed so we are hosting our family Christmas day. I thought we would be helping our kids move to Orlando but that has been out on hold at least temporarily [yea!].

MissMay
December 22nd, 2017, 01:15 PM
It's Friday and the last gifts will be wrapped, then on to the pile of paper work waiting for me on my desk. DH was taking care of our joint checking account or so I thought as I found several checking account statements still in their sealed envelopes. Seems like too big a job to tackle right now so I'll stack everything neatly and put off the paper work til after Christmas.

Hope everyone gets their last minute things done and they can relax and enjoy the Holiday. Miss May'

PS: Hope Monique shares her Boxing Day Fondue party with us, sounds like an interesting group of guests.

Anitamae56
December 22nd, 2017, 01:53 PM
I have been a stalker for long time to all of you, :) I want to wish all a very Merry Christmas , and want to tell you all how much i enjoy reading all of your post. Anita, I will miss you here but will be glad for the new year to see you again. Thanks for the many laughs from all especially Monique! Thanks for letting me read all your post. I look forward to it everyday, and read it a couple during the day. I feel like I know all.
I am cooking our traditional brisket for Christmas Eve. And finishing wrapping presents. And doing some house cleaning. It is a wonderful time, but I am always ready to get back to the norm, also.
Merry Christmas and thanks again for letting me a silent reader! :)))

Iris Girl
December 22nd, 2017, 02:22 PM
Merry Christmas everyone! Anita you will definitely be missed. Hope you have a wonderfully awesome Christmas and New year see you then.
Worked today early so no time for posting before. Benefits I got out early! Now I have 3 days off. frizzle outside on and off. Thankfully it was off when I was on the roads.
Hugs to all.

Star lover
December 22nd, 2017, 02:34 PM
I have been a stalker for long time to all of you, :) I want to wish all a very Merry Christmas , and want to tell you all how much i enjoy reading all of your post. Anita, I will miss you here but will be glad for the new year to see you again. Thanks for the many laughs from all especially Monique! Thanks for letting me read all your post. I look forward to it everyday, and read it a couple during the day. I feel like I know all.
I am cooking our traditional brisket for Christmas Eve. And finishing wrapping presents. And doing some house cleaning. It is a wonderful time, but I am always ready to get back to the norm, also.
Merry Christmas and thanks again for letting me a silent reader! :)))

You can be a silent reader....OR, better yet, join us......anytime! We'd love to have you! Merry Christmas to you too!