PDA

View Full Version : Back from California - EJ's first birthday!

Ginny B
December 21st, 2017, 09:00 AM
What a wonderful time we had! It was a quick trip and boy am I tired and trying to catch up with myself but it was certainly worth the trip. Here is a picture of the birthday boy enjoying a birthday cupcake. He was not very keen on the "smash cake" but loved the cupcake.

My SS packages arrived the day we took off so I didn't get a chance to open up the boxes... well dh did take out the stuff that said Open Now and take care of those.... but now we have our tree in the living room. We will decorate it tonight and I'll get to put ALL those pretty packages under it. And Barb, thanks so much for the beautiful FSL ornaments for the tree. I need to get some of that bling to use on any snowflakes I make. They are beautiful!

This elf has a full schedule for the next few days for sure. Still have some wrapping to do and, of course, one more gift to pick up along with some cooking and baking. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Star lover
December 21st, 2017, 09:37 AM
Ginny, so happy for you. What a blessing to spend time with your GS! Barb makes the sweetest things, along with everyone else here. Hope you enjoy it all! Thanks for sharing.

Monique
December 21st, 2017, 09:43 AM
Aw he looks so happy. Nice that you were able to go and that you are back home safe and sound.

KarenC
December 21st, 2017, 10:00 AM
Cute little fellow. Glad you were able to spend time with him.

Sandy Navas
December 21st, 2017, 10:17 AM
If that isn't just about the cutest face I've ever seen!!

JCY
December 21st, 2017, 12:06 PM
So fortunate you can travel & spend time with your grandchildren & family. We so seldom get to see our kids & grandkids. (DH no longer can travel, & he physically does not feel up to entertaining guests.) The youngest GC is 13. I saw her once when she was a baby. DH has never seen her! Two are in their teens; the others are adults. The oldest two are married. We have 2 GGSs.

Cathy F
December 21st, 2017, 12:41 PM
Welcome back Ginny! What a cutie, glad you had a wonderful trip.

Debbie Watters
December 21st, 2017, 01:29 PM
Glad you had a good time and a great visit with the cutie! Grandchildren/children are so much fun at that age - but it takes so much energy to watch them! Must be why God gives children to the young!

KPH
December 21st, 2017, 01:35 PM
So glad you had a wonderful trip! He's adorable, so happy and bright!

toggpine
December 21st, 2017, 02:33 PM
Ginny, I am so glad that you had a good trip! He is a cutie and they are only young once!

I am also thankful that those packages arrived before you left and they were still frozen. I hope you enjoy everything! We had to let the tree dry off before we brought it in. It got caught out in our last rain storm and would have made a lake in our living room. I just hope it didn't freeze overnight! Emily and I will try to get it in the house today. It's pretty heavy! Then I will finally open my own boxes!

The main part of the house is done with paint and most of the art is back on the wall. I still have to put up the family photo wall and the kitchen needs to have the paint finished, but it can wait a few days.