PDA

View Full Version : It's story time

KPH
December 20th, 2017, 10:42 PM
Not really.

I've been working on this years Christmas story for my grands. Since J is 5 this year, there are at least 5 of them. I know one year I wrote two, one for J and one for E, but that's hard! The thoughts of writing three for one Christmas is over whelming!

Here's the first one I wrote when Jonathan was just an infant. I think it's my favorite.
https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1908310-Christmas-on-Star-Mountain

Here's the second one I wrote for this year. I piddled with it all day! I'll have to proof it in a couple of days. My writing buddy is in Germany teaching a class for Motorola. Hopefully he'll be able to read it before I have to give it away!
https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2143749-Preacher-Mans-Star-Mountain-Adventure

Merry Christmas!

grammaterry
December 20th, 2017, 11:16 PM
A really nice story. Look at the title again

KPH
December 20th, 2017, 11:22 PM
A really nice story. Look at the title again

I had to change the title on this years story because they have a character limit for titles, it was one over. Head smack!

SallyO'Sews
December 21st, 2017, 01:25 AM
Beautiful stories! You are a gifted storyteller!

Star lover
December 21st, 2017, 08:04 AM
I'm impressed and in awe of your talent.......I admit, I got a little teary eyed on the second story! They were both......magical! Don't ever stop writing!

Georgie Girl
December 21st, 2017, 08:22 AM
Loved reading your stories.

cv quilter
December 21st, 2017, 11:44 AM
Katrina, I just came upon this post and am about to get off the computer and get to the work at hand.....house needs cleaning, laundry to be done, sewing room to clean up after I finish a book cover/carrier for my granddaughter. I have taken the privilege of printing your two stories and will read them this afternoon when I can take a break. Thanks for posting. I will be happy to read your stories.

MaggieSue
December 21st, 2017, 12:19 PM
Read the second story it was a beautiful story, and I never moved a muscle once I started reading. You are very talented! Thank you for sharing!! Will read the first one when I take a coffee break a little later.

JCY
December 21st, 2017, 12:21 PM
I enjoyed reading your stories.

KPH
December 21st, 2017, 12:38 PM
I've been tweaking this years story after 'talking' via messenger with my buddy. He'll be flying home on Christmas Eve, he might just get to see Santa when he's flying home!

Anyway, the newest version (not much different) is at the same link.