PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Lights

Georgie Girl
December 20th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Was so proud of myself as I don't get any help. Got all the buckets out of the attic. Did decorating around the house including our open stairway with evergreen garland, white lights, white and colored ornaments. Beautiful. Been lighting since Saturday. Got all the bins back in the attic. Vacuumed, plugged in the lights and yes half the bottom strings don't work. Why, Why?:(

Star lover
December 20th, 2017, 02:41 PM
I feel your pain......why indeed!

Monique
December 20th, 2017, 06:30 PM
Oh dear....

Astatoo
December 20th, 2017, 06:42 PM
I always figured that half lit is better then nothing! Can you tell I am familiar with this problem?

Hulamoon
December 20th, 2017, 06:52 PM
Aggravating isn't it. I have a small cute Alpine tree that I put lights and ornaments on. I covered it with a bag for storage and sure enough the top and bottom lights were working but not the middle. This was my third year putting it up. All my ornaments are small collectables and toy type and too many to take off and redo lights. I said heck with it. lol

I do feel your frustration and pain.

Georgie Girl
December 20th, 2017, 07:22 PM
Why does it have to be the middle string? I guess I should be grateful it was the last string but I had to take off all the ornaments. We are not celebrating till the 13th so going out after the first of the year and buy a string on sale. Guess not all that bad. I'm sure your tree is beautiful. It has character.

Georgie Girl
December 20th, 2017, 07:23 PM
To funny. I like your attitude. I need to relax more. This was meant for Beth but I guess I must not have did Reply with ""

MaryUK
December 20th, 2017, 07:46 PM
I feel your pain!! We have lights on the tree, in the dining room, outside, a candle bridge in the window and a set up the stairs. DGS programmed into a remote so we can turn them all off at once. DH turned off the ones up the stairs by the plug socket...yeah fused the remote so now have to go round turning them all off individually!!
Really need to buy a replacement remote otherwise I will be spending all of Christmas on my hands and knees with my derriere in the air and face in the tree while I switch some back on again!!

LLLinda
December 20th, 2017, 10:49 PM
Hmm, half lit for Christmas... Now there is an idea.