PDA

View Full Version : Today's Daily Deal Story Dec 20, 2018

Simply Quilting
December 20th, 2017, 04:31 AM
What is neat about today's story is dh and his family know the family who were giving away the farm house. I really liked the house. But the cost to move it to where we live would have been outrageous. Here is a link about the house http://www.9news.com/mobile/article/news/nation-now/need-a-last-minute-holiday-gift-how-about-this-free-iowa-farmhouse/465-fba62e6b-cdf6-42a7-8f3d-46dd85491917 and in the story is the link to the house's craig's listing that has more pictures.

Hulamoon
December 20th, 2017, 06:01 AM
The Craigs list is down.

I saw a story where someone raffled their house. I thought that was an interesting idea.

Star lover
December 20th, 2017, 07:57 AM
Love old houses....well the look, sometimes they're more work then ya want to do. Beautiful house!

grammaterry
December 20th, 2017, 10:51 AM
I know it probably costs a bunch to move a house. No real idea how much a bunch is. I saw on one of those house programs that this little one story old depot house would cost upwards of $30K to move a few blocks. Always thought an old house would be a fun project but DH says just take a picture..it'd be cheaper to build it than remodel it.

Jean Sewing Machine
December 20th, 2017, 02:39 PM
My son and his wife live in Madison County, IA ( home of the famous bridges)! She owned the property with a small 4 room manufactured home on it before they married. Then he moved in with all his shop tools. Then they had 3 boys, bing, bing, bing! The kids's bedroom was 9' by 9', very crowded! They needed more room! They worried, and planned, do they enlarge? Move? Rebuild? They went round and round on this for 2. Years and finally decided to remove the small house and rebuild. And she found a buyer for the old house and the garage! They live on a hilly gravel road, but those house movers moved the house and garage down the road to its new place! I was amazed at the pictures of the whole process! Now they have a nice big house for the boys to spread out their stuff. This story sure reminded me of my son's family's experience!