PDA

View Full Version : Totally Tuesday Trivia

Star lover
December 19th, 2017, 08:59 AM
I know, kinda lame, but my brain isn't functioning on all pistons...

Today's offering:

The United States Postal Service keeps a list of towns with Christmasy names, from Angeles, Puerto Rico, to Wiseman, Arizona, with 11 Hopes, one Joy, two Faiths, six Evergreens, two Bells, a bunch of Garlands, a Santa Claus (in Indiana) and a Christmas (in Florida) among them.

I've also found North Pole, New York; Bethlehem, Pennsylvania; North Pole, Alaska; Lake Donner, California; Christmas Cove, Maine; Christmas Valley, Oregon; Snowflake, Arizona; Noel, Missouri; Rudolph, Wisconsin; Evergreen, Alabama; Dasher, Georgia.

This is useful information if you want to add appropriately themed postmarks to your Christmas cards and packages.

There are many more, more than I thought there ever was...... Merry Christmas!

Monique
December 19th, 2017, 09:05 AM
Merry Christmas Anita.

Hulamoon
December 19th, 2017, 10:01 AM
This is a fun one!

Al Roker on the Today show finds towns on holidays (or other days depending on a theme) when doing the weather. It's fun to watch all the quirky names around the country.

Sandy Navas
December 19th, 2017, 10:04 AM
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree!

Star lover
December 19th, 2017, 10:07 AM
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree!

You're quacking me up!

Anitamae56
December 19th, 2017, 10:15 AM
Very interesting!! Merry Christmas, Anita ! And to all else, even if our town doesn't have a "Christmas " name !

KPH
December 19th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Anita, you brought back memories. I would put out all of the old travel atlases DH would buy and have the children scour the maps for 'themed' named cities. They would make cards with the name of the town and state, then challenge their friends to find them. When you think about it, that was really a hard work for first, second and third graders.

grammaterry
December 19th, 2017, 11:39 AM
I think your trivia was very appropriate today what with it being the last day to mail on the "cheap"