PDA

View Full Version : My Daughter

Georgie Girl
December 17th, 2017, 11:01 AM
I just have to tell someone about my daughter Beth. I'm so very proud of her and her great accomplishment on Friday. When she applied for the Vilas County Sheriffs Department she was the number one pick. There she met her husband Dale and they have the cutest baby boy Grayson. Well Dale wanted to advance his position but that would have made Dale her boss and some people already didn't like the idea they were married so in April she applied for the Deputy Clerk's position and got the position. Well things were not going well for the Clerk, lot of complaints about her including the judge. She knew her job was going south so she stepped down and they appointed Beth Clerk of Courts of Vilas County (Beth was pretty much doing her job anyway besides her own) . She was sworn in on Friday. Eight months into the job she get promoted with a very nice raise. I'm so excited for her. She sent me a video of the judge swearing her in and I cried. Wish I could have been there but DH can't/wont travel even if it's only 4 hours. Thanks for listening.

KPH
December 17th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Georgie, you should be so very proud! I'm proud for her. Wow, she's moving on up and it sounds like she's made wise decisions.

I wish you could have been there, but I think we've all wanted to be there when our children have moved ahead. I'm glad she sent the video. You can 'be there' over and over now!

grammaterry
December 17th, 2017, 11:36 AM
Oh congratulations Mom on a job well done. Without you, she would not be the hard working individual that she is and the video is a bonus that she thought of you. Our young people have to move on without us being there but we are cheering on the inside over and over for their accomplishments.

Astatoo
December 17th, 2017, 11:49 AM
That certainly is an accomplishment to be proud of! Wishing her the best of luck, may she find happiness in her new position.

Georgie Girl
December 17th, 2017, 12:26 PM
Thanks you guys. She didn't always make the right decisions when it came to men but she sure has straighten out her life for the good and has found her happy place. Lots of hanging in there with her and loads of prayers. She did mention to me at one point that she would not have made it through the rough patches if it wasn't for her faith. So for all of us this promotion and accomplishment is huge for all of us. Thanks again for reading my post. Means a lot to me.

Bouse
December 17th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Always nice when our kids can make us proud.

jjkaiser
December 17th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Oh my goodness what a wonderful story! How Nice to hear something where the good guy (your daughter) wins. So often at work the good guy will do all the work (plus their own) but the boss, who does nothing, takes all the credit. Somebody recognized your daughter for the shining star she is and noticed the hard work she was doing. I am so happy for your whole family. Congratulations Mom and Dad! You raised a smart girl!!

Cokie
December 17th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Congratulations to your daughter!

CraftyJnet
December 17th, 2017, 02:06 PM
That is such wonderful news! Good for her!

Bubby
December 17th, 2017, 02:12 PM
Congratulations all around!! It sounds like you raised a very intelligent young woman.

KarenC
December 17th, 2017, 08:32 PM
Great accomplishment. Congratulations.

GuitarGramma
December 17th, 2017, 09:35 PM
Congratulations to your daughter! You deserve to be proud!

MaggieSue
December 17th, 2017, 10:59 PM
So happy for DD and family!!!

laura44
December 18th, 2017, 12:32 AM
Congratulations to your daughter! You did an awesome job raising her!

Monique
December 18th, 2017, 05:21 AM
Congratulations to her on her new position and congratulations to you for raising such a successful daughter. You should be proud.

MaryUK
December 18th, 2017, 06:57 AM
How wonderful, Mum's Christmas present came early!! You have every right to be proud of your daughter and give yourself a huge pat on the back for a job well done in bringing her up!!

Iris Girl
December 18th, 2017, 07:18 AM
Such wonderful news. Always great for our children to make us proud. Congratulations to you and your daughter!

Star lover
December 18th, 2017, 08:30 AM
Congratulations to your daughter and to you.....you raised her right!

Patty J
December 18th, 2017, 05:59 PM
Congratulations to your daughter. See hard work does pay off. She is also lucky to have a job in the beautiful Vilas County. We used to vacation up there for many years after we went there on our Honeymoon.

SallyO'Sews
December 18th, 2017, 07:43 PM
So happy for you and your daughter, Georgie! When our children are doing well, doesn't it raise our own spirits?