PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY NEWS!!!

LauraP
December 17th, 2017, 01:48 AM
My youngest daughter called day before yesterday to ask if it would upset me if she eloped!!! Since it is her second I said go for it. Her long time boyfriend just got accepted back into the army and it would be easier if they were married before he got posted. She assures me they will have the big military wedding later so all the family can come. Wonder here in the world they will end up. Lucky for us we are retired military so we can travel anywhere for free as long as there is a base close by.

tamsterg7
December 17th, 2017, 01:56 AM
Well thats exciting news! And how nice that you will be able to travel and see them. Hope they get a lovely warm assignment, and thank your new SIL for his service, and also your DH (I am assuming he is the ex-military you mentioned?)

jjkaiser
December 17th, 2017, 02:44 AM
Congratulations! And lucky you, being able to travel for free! Hopefully DT won't put an end to that too.

Monique
December 17th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Congratulations.

shermur
December 17th, 2017, 10:01 AM
That is wonderful news! I always encourage anyone wanting to get married to elope; it is sensible!

Astatoo
December 17th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Congrats! Best wishes for a long and happy life together for the couple.

KPH
December 17th, 2017, 11:10 AM
Congratulations! It's the smart move these days. When I hear what some people pay for weddings these days... you could have a house down payment!

grammaterry
December 17th, 2017, 11:34 AM
Yes, house downpayment or even a starter home for some of these big weddings. We threw our share of extravaganzas (at least on our budget) and some work and some don't. Some of the memories are terrific, some aren't. Weddings are a lot of work, fun to plan, drudgery to implement. I have made countless bridesmaid dresses because I do't think its right for the friends of the bride to shell out money for a dress they will never wear again.
Heres a funny story...youngest dd had a beach wedding, formal I should add. We chose the perfect dress with a 30 foot trane. She said, "oh MOM, what I'd really like to do is run into the ocean as soon as we say I DO but it would ruin my dress , wouldn't it? I replied, You're only going to wear it once, enjoy it.
Well, long story short, she didn't. She came into our fabulous rented beach house where I catered all the food and her sister had spent 5 days decorating a 7 tiered cake with frosting that matched the lace table cloth that hung to the floor. We toasted with champaign and ran out and started on the vintage wine that I had saved for 25 years for these occasions. She sat her glass down on the cake table to cut the cake and voila....the glass turned over ...spashed down the front of her gown...(red wine) and she ran horrified up the stairs before I could see and put the dress in the tub into HOT water. She wished she had ran into the ocean.
Anyway, marriage is a wonderful union and memories are made at the occasions of weddings and even weddings where the couples elope.
Congratulations on getting a new family member and one that is following in the family footsteps.

CraftyJnet
December 17th, 2017, 02:13 PM
Congratulations to the happy couple! Long life and much happiness to them both.

Bubby
December 17th, 2017, 02:18 PM
Congratulations to the new couple...may they have many years of happiness and blessings.

Jeff and I eloped to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. We were married in the parlor of a Victorian mansion in front of the fireplace. Next month we will celebrate 10 years of being over-the-moon happily married. If we had it to do over again we would do exactly the same thing.

KarenC
December 17th, 2017, 08:29 PM
Congratulations!

jjkaiser
December 17th, 2017, 09:50 PM
Oh wow grammaterry that is SOME wedding story for the books! I laughed out loud reading it but I am sure it was not too funny at the time!

LLLinda
December 17th, 2017, 09:51 PM
Congratulations to the new couple...may they have many years of happiness and blessings.

Jeff and I eloped to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. We were married in the parlor of a Victorian mansion in front of the fireplace. Next month we will celebrate 10 years of being over-the-moon happily married. If we had it to do over again we would do exactly the same thing.

Eureka Springs is where my DH and I went for our honeymoon. Ten year anniversary really but we called it honeymoon because with our three kids there never was time before. Nice little town.

MaryUK
December 18th, 2017, 07:01 AM
Congratulations!

Iris Girl
December 18th, 2017, 07:18 AM
Congratulations!