PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Morning (where is everyone?)

grammaterry
December 16th, 2017, 12:41 PM
I've been searching the forum for morning hellos and NOTHING. So here I am and its getting late. Are you all out fighting the crowds, betting ready for a big night out, making fudge.? Hummm. Me, I'm having coffee and getting a lazy start on the day. I was thinking of sewing, or maybe looking for a hard candy recipe and making some but don't know if I have any flavorings.
I went into town yesterday and got a few groceries and saw my old restaurant friends. It was good to see them, although I thought I was being a braggart that I got to retire. lol. I looked for some old fashioned hard candies, like ribbon candies and butterscotch rounds and stuff. All I saw were the peppermint rounds that are given away at restaurants and something called puffs. So, I will make some. Its just more work than I planned for something we don't need.
DD is gearing up for her first family Christmas host. I gave up hosting 4 years ago and told them to rotate. My goodness, she is the decorator, planner, perfectionist. She is getting games and prizes and photo booths and ugly sweater contests arranged. Already posted her menu and has a jar of mm's ready for the guessing that she has put out to all of us for a teaser. I feel like I was a lazy lazy hostess .
Hope your Saturday is great. THe sun has come out again here in NC and its suppose to be 40 today, 50 tomorrow. Yeah.

Cokie
December 16th, 2017, 12:47 PM
I'm enjoying my coffee and being a bit lazy too. I ordered a gift for my Dad's birthday next week, to be delivered to him, so that is done. Need to get a shower and run to the bank, to Walgreens to pick up a photo I had printed, and to the pharmacy for a prescription. Then I hope to do a little baking, throw some laundry in, and clean house. I really hope to get re-acquainted with my sewing machine at some point this weekend too. My to-do list always seems longer than my weekend! Hope everyone has a blessed Saturday.

Bubby
December 16th, 2017, 12:51 PM
Good Morning. I got sick during the night and so we decided not to go to the apartments to work today. I ate a bite of breakfast and feel much better. When you are diabetic so many things can throw you off.

It's quite chilly today and Jeff and Dottie just left for a walk in the woods. I stayed behind to stay warm. This will be a sweatshirt and slipper day for me.

I have never lived close enough to my DD to attend one of her Christmas gatherings. When I lived in Las Vegas they always came to us for Christmas but now it's hit and miss.

I got a gorgeous Tula Pink FQ bundle in the mail yesterday in her Animal line. Not for sure what to do with it but it would make beautiful anything!

Wishing everyone a great day......Hugs, Barb

Star lover
December 16th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Good morning all....
Lazy too...Hope it's not a disease and lasts for days?.....
Stayed up too late last night. 3 of out GC sang in a Christmas concert, then there was a cookie extravaganza! Well, not really, it it sure looked like it.....thousands and thousands of them! Ate a few.....it was a few too many!
Was up at 4 am and then after DH went to work, I went back to bed.....feel fantastic! Just lazy.
Got laundry going, make some stuff. Want to make anothe nightgown. Sure hope it happens today.

Then there's that dreaded white stuff.....it just won't give up! More out there, on top of over a foot of old stuff. I'm hating shoveling more and more.

Tonight is also a birthday party for another GS, he's 3 today! So busy busy.

Terry, ya got me thinking, which is dangerous! Maybe when the grands are just a bit older I'll throw out the idea that we rotate. I'm exhausted every year after the cooking, guests, etc.
There's no way you're a bad hostess! Just no way! She's just doing it different.....besides you don't have too. Bonus!

Hope,everyone has a good day, whether your lazy or not. Lazy has its benefits.....peace!

Continued prayers for John and Sugar..... and Barb too! Judy USMC..... get better soon!
Love and hugs!

Ginny B
December 16th, 2017, 01:04 PM
Good morning Terry. I am the first one up here this morning. Our trip out here to the west coast was one of the smoothest flights we ever had. It has been a busy time since we arrived. We babysat yesterday most of the morning so ds and dil could take care of a few things. Zeke's first birthday party is today. We babysat with him again last night because my son had his work Christmas party. We have been having a wonderful time with Zeke. He woke up crying around 2ish last night. Since I heard him right away, I came into tend to him. He was not really even fully awake so I took him into the twin bed they have in his room and snuggled him and he went back to sleep. But everytime I laidvhim back down in his crib, he fussed. So I just decided to stay snuggling him all night. Lol Its going to be a busy day today so I thought if this is the way we will all get to sleep for the night then so be it. I know his mom and dad do that occasionally. He is still sound asleep! :)

That sounds like a fun Christmas your dd is planning Terry. What a fun day you will have.

I see we got some more snow at home yesterday. My DH is happy we are missing it. I love when it snows though.

Have a great day all

I'm going to finish my tea now before Zeke wakes up.....and everyone else too. We've got a big day ahead of us.

Georgie Girl
December 16th, 2017, 01:28 PM
I was up at 5 looking for morning hellos although I never really contribute. Was wondering the same thing where are they? I;m here with my tea, sweater, and comfortable in my PJ s. Searched a little , cut out some fabric for star ornaments. They've been a big hit with everyone. After Christmas meeting up with my Bee Group so making each one of them a Bee star ornament, One side a pretty yellow and green with bees and then the other side will be Christmas green. They are pudsey to make. Then went back to bed. I don't know if it's my meds or what but I get tired about an hour or two after I wake up, sleep for a bit more and then fine for the rest of the day. Find it annoying. I've always been a get up and go person. Couldn't be my age could it? You guys are all so close already I feel like I'm intruding on a special group but love to read what you are all doing. I pray for those that need it, feel sorry for the sadness in some lives and happy to see all the completed projects hoping to maybe post something I've made that's worthy. Merry Christmas to all of you.

Star lover
December 16th, 2017, 01:43 PM
Georgie.....never ever feel your intruding! We'd love for you to jump in and join us anytime! It's what makes it worth coming here for......the sweet wonderful, helpful people.....Just like you!

So please, please, join us anytime! We were all new....once.

Astatoo
December 16th, 2017, 03:15 PM
I have been a busy little beaver today! Went out early-6 or so-to get the driveway shoveled before DH came home from work, that didn't take long since we only had about 2" of fluffy snow. After breakfast he went to bed and the dog and I went for a walk then I put together a couple holiday hanging baskets for our porch-made a mess in my sewing room so that allowed me to scrub my tables then dust and vac the entire room. Making chicken soup now so I have time to browse.
Barb, take care, it is amazing how quickly the smallest bug or change can affect people with diabetes, I have been dealing with this for 40 yrs now and it is worse now that I am older, even a change in the weather can throw off my blood sugars.
Will keep all of my forum friends in my prayers-hoping all stay healthy or regain their health quickly.

Georgie Girl
December 16th, 2017, 03:25 PM
My girlfriend has blood sugar issues and her doctor put her on a "root" only diet. Sounds hard but I guess we have to do what we have to do to keep quilting

KPH
December 16th, 2017, 05:06 PM
Well, it isn't morning any more. DH and I left around nine to head to Lowes. He wanted to get the shelves for the kitchen cabinet. Now, we bought three of them for the sewing machine cabinet he build for me. I don't know why he thought they went down in price. Oh well I still don't have my drawers to set in there. In fact, we didn't get anything to finish it up. So while we were at Lowe's I suggested we look at some of the granite places around to see if they had a remnant for the top. We didn't get any of that ordered either, but several offers to come and give us an estimate on the whole kitchen. Sigh.

We had lunch at the Shrimp Shack, it was delicious as usual. Won't have to worry about having a big dinner.

I sat down and wrote out the menu for Christmas Eve dinner. Checking off all of the things I can do early in the week, so Sunday won't be so stressful. Italian Beef, MIL's recipe, is the highlight. I can thaw the sirloin roast and cook it early, slice it and put it back in the juices, then into the freezer until time to heat it up.

DH wants fudge. We just got a package of Fudge and Blackberry Jelly from Ashe Co. Cheese Co. I'm not sure why I have to make more, but I will. Grandma's Peanut Butter Fudge, and the White chocolate peanut butter fudge DS# 1 created for his wife since she can't eat chocolate.

Doubt that I'll get into the sewing room today. The grandkid's story needs work, as in it needs finishing and right now, I'm not really happy with it at all.

DS#2 works until 9 tonight and goes in at 6 tomorrow morning. Toys R Us is really busy, and he's enjoying working there. Several people have already quit. I guess they were looking for a pay check without any labor involved.

I guess I better look for Grandma's fudge recipe while it's sunny and clear. Keeping my fingers crossed. It's the first time making it on this stove. I haven't figured out all the quirks, but I know which burner I'm not going to use!

Have a wonderful day every one. Prayers lifted for those in need.

MaggieSue
December 16th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Geogie Girl, I am a newbe to this morning group too, but have been assured that I am welcome. This morning I went to breakfast with BFF. We exchanged our Christmas gifts, and it was good that we were meeting today as she has had a very difficult week, she lost a family member!!! I finished my shopping now to wrap the rest of the presents then just have to make cookies. But cannot make them too early as they seem to disappear!!! LOL

JCY
December 16th, 2017, 11:13 PM
I had a busy day. I'll catch up on news tomorrow.

Navy Wife
December 16th, 2017, 11:15 PM
I didn't get going early enough to check in this morning. I've been so tired for the past few weeks that I'm sleeping in late. I need to get some blood tests run. Last time I was slightly anemic and had a low B 12 level. Dr. thought it would straighten out by itself, and was from the hip surgery. I have an appointment right after Christmas.

We took the sons and wives to Pigeon Forge this afternoon for the Dixie Stampede Christmas show. They enjoyed it and it was nice to be together. We'll be alone on Christmas Day, so we invited one of friends who is widowed to join us for dinner out (She's allergic to my cat), and a movie after. She just sold her house in the mountains and is moving to town to a condo. I'm really glad as she gets snowed in, and it's a really dangerous road to her house.

I also have sadness to face. One good friend died last week. We went on an Alaska Cruise and had such a great time. Another is slipping away, and may be gone by tomorrow. Another has brain cancer and won't last another month. I hate the word cancer.

DH has a cold, and is miserable. Of course that means I'll be miserable also! Guess I'll plan to sew tomorrow in between taking care of him! I have one more seam to sew on the middle of a quilt, and 2 borders to put on. I started this one in 2007!