PDA

View Full Version : ....back at it

bubba
December 15th, 2017, 12:45 AM
MM woke up this afternoon early (he works graveyard) and first words out of his mouth were 'where's the thermometer?'. His temp was 101.9 and he called the consulting nurse lickety split. He had no symptoms of a flu or cold, so my $ was on another kidney infection, and sadly I was right. We made it five months this time, so that's good, but I don't like that he is not feeling well.

However, I did like that the doctor we saw is probably the best looking doctor you could wish for, and I'd get sick if I knew he'd be examining me! I told Dolores I'd try to get a picture and he caught me! Needless to say, it was not that good of a picture. He thought I was recording him, but not only did that not occur to me, I have no clue how you do it!

So, he is in bed, hopefully for the night and I'm hoping he wakes with no fever!

Angelia
December 15th, 2017, 12:47 AM
Hope MM is better soon. I see improvement--he asked for the thermometer and called the doctor right away.

Caroline T.
December 15th, 2017, 12:57 AM
I'm sorry he's not feeling well, but so glad to know he's recognizing the symptoms quickly and not postponing taking action. Hope he feels better very soon.

KPH
December 15th, 2017, 12:59 AM
Hope he feels better quickly. Thank goodness he didn't delay in getting checked out!

Recording the visit wouldn't be a bad idea, anyway. You can always go back and check your video to make sure you're following directions correctly.

bubba
December 15th, 2017, 01:14 AM
Recording the visit wouldn't be a bad idea, anyway. You can always go back and check your video to make sure you're following directions correctly.

After he said it was not allowed, I thought it is a good idea too!!

GuitarGramma
December 15th, 2017, 01:16 AM
I think I'm gonna need to fine tune my prayers for MM!

Debbie Watters
December 15th, 2017, 02:42 AM
Hope he gets to feeling better super soon! He has holidays to enjoy with his family!

Bubby
December 15th, 2017, 07:29 AM
Sending up prayers for a quick recovery.

Star lover
December 15th, 2017, 08:17 AM
I'll be praying too! Yes, it's good he jumped on it quickly...a good sign. Praying for you too. Caregiving is sometimes worse.....
Maybe the docs pic is online. When I was investigating a doc for my shoulder, all the docs pics were on line with their bios, awards, etc. just a thought.....

Iris Girl
December 15th, 2017, 08:26 AM
Great that he learned and jumped on a problem immediately. Sucks it had to happen at all and especially holiday time. Sending healing thoughts your way for him.

Monique
December 15th, 2017, 08:39 AM
He has been through enough that he knows now not to wait. That's good. I hope he feels better soon.

NanaMaggie
December 15th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Sending good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Sandy Navas
December 15th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Sending you hugs for this additional ride you are on . . . and Anita is right - I'll bet his picture is on-line. Give us his name!!

grammaterry
December 15th, 2017, 12:01 PM
I feel so bad for you. Having a sick DH is the worst. I will pray for a speedy recovery

EnumclawGramma
December 15th, 2017, 02:29 PM
OH no Pat. I'm sorry to read this! I'm praying for him, please let us know how he's doing.

bubba
December 15th, 2017, 03:08 PM
This morning he is like a new person!! Guessing strong antibiotics did the trick.

He is happy, joking around, wants to go to Costco!! Maybe I should ask him to wrap Christmas presents! I did mention that I felt going right in like we did that I thought we caught it early, and he agreed with me and even said 'it pays not waiting four days!'. When I said it was all the forum prayers, he rolled his eyes at me and gave me the stink eye!

Thanks for the back up!

KPH
December 15th, 2017, 03:46 PM
So glad he's feeling better. You can give him a wink from all of us. We know!

GuitarGramma
December 15th, 2017, 03:52 PM
When I said it was all the forum prayers, he rolled his eyes at me and gave me the stink eye!

Thanks for the back up!

Well, you just tell MM that we are going to keep praying for him, stink eye or no stink eye! Hah!

bubba
December 15th, 2017, 04:13 PM
Well, you just tell MM that we are going to keep praying for him, stink eye or no stink eye! Hah!

Oh, he knows!!! This morning he actually asked if I could just keep my mouth shut! hahahahahahahaha!!!! Silly man!

Caroline T.
December 15th, 2017, 04:18 PM
New code word for prayers... Enemas, both are good for you, but see which he prefers we send? :icon_heh:

bubba
December 15th, 2017, 06:33 PM
New code word for prayers... Enemas, both are good for you, but see which he prefers we send? :icon_heh:

Well, I've never heard him complain about an enema!!!

Kgrammiecaz
December 15th, 2017, 08:57 PM
I will add prayers as well that the recovery keeps going well!

LLLinda
December 15th, 2017, 09:07 PM
My DH had constant reoccurring UTIs until his urologist reemed out whatever parts needed it. He hasn't had an infection for close to a year now. We sure hope it stays that way.

MaryUK
December 15th, 2017, 10:02 PM
I'm sorry to hear your DH hasn't been too good but pleased his is now getting better - what a scare!! Hugs and best wishes for his continued recovery x

SallyO'Sews
December 16th, 2017, 12:43 AM
Poor guy. Hugs and prayers for both of you! So glad you figured it out right away.

bubba
December 16th, 2017, 03:33 AM
My DH had constant reoccurring UTIs until his urologist reemed out whatever parts needed it. He hasn't had an infection for close to a year now. We sure hope it stays that way.

He no longer has a urinary tract since he no longer has a bladder. From his urostomy to his kidney is only five or six inches, so the risk is high for infection. We/he has been real good about it since July, but went two days over last week in not changing his bag and I'm sure that is what did it.

LLLinda
December 16th, 2017, 11:59 AM
Oh I see the problem now. So not looking forward to something like that. Sure hoping for a quick recovery for both of your sakes.