PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday, you came too fast!

Monique
December 13th, 2017, 09:23 AM

Good morning friends. Wednesday again? It just came too fast, holy crow!

I had a great day yesterday. A lovely lunch was served at guild. We all received a door prize of some kind. Mine was a handmade Christmas ornament made of fabric and a tea cup and saucer candle. I was able to wash the kitchen floor early in the morning and got the driveway cleaned as well.

You see I never know what my day will be like. I received a lovely Christmas card from Rebecca (Rebeccas Sewing). All is well with her.

Well that's it for me. Have a great day everyone.

Lori63
December 13th, 2017, 09:37 AM
Good morning Monique and the rest to come!

See, now I'm thinking Wednesday is FINALLY here! Maybe that has something to do with the fact that I get both Thursday and Friday off work! Tomorrow I have grandbabies, but Friday is all for me. I haven't had a day like that in a long time, looking forward to it.

I'm no where near ready for Christmas, but at least I don't have to worry about making Christmas Dinner this year, we're going to my sister's. She's a much better cook than me so it works out perfect:)

I have done lots of shopping online this year and I have to say I've rather enjoyed it. I usually like going from store to store and will probably still do a little of that. I've found I enjoy getting those packages delivered. I have had most of them delivered to my work since I've heard so many stories of people getting packages stolen.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Bubby
December 13th, 2017, 09:39 AM
Morning All, It's really chilly this morning but it should warm up some. I'm dog sitting for Ralph (female lab) today. Her daddy has to go to Springfield for the day so I will visit her about 3 times to let her out and give her some snacks.

I'm still sewing but I need to slow it down as I have several commitments coming up. The tamale party is shaping up and we are hosting a retirement get-together for a friend in addition to all the usual hustle and bustle. I think all my packages have been mailed and also the cards. I will soon be closing the sewing room until January.

Wishing everyone a creative day.

Cathy F
December 13th, 2017, 09:55 AM
Morning all,
Chilly day here, hope it warms up some as I have some errands to run this morning.

Last night I attended a Christmas benefit and it was very nice. I somehow managed to win 6 raffle gifts which is unusual for me as I almost never win them.
A bit of sewing still going on for Christmas but will be finished in time and then a bit off baking is on the schedule.
Wishing everyone a productive day with their holiday projects!

JCY
December 13th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Good Morning, All ~ What a wonderful evening we had at guild. It was a Christmas tea. Each table had a hostess who decorated it with centerpiece, plates, glassware, etc. My hostess brought beautiful glass dishes, rather than throw-away paper plates & plastic cups. There were favors at each place. I got acquainted with a new lady whose husb. died 6 yr. ago from MS. We shared caregiving stories. We had a huge crowd. As people kept coming in, they had to set up 3 more round tables. We counted a total of 14 tables, 8 at each, so there were at least 112 people there. It took a long time to go through the food line. We had Sew & Tell. I took the Baby Bargello baby quilt, a Donna Jordan tutorial pattern, to share. There was a drawing for 3 door prizes.

We had a beautiful day yest. It got up to 65 deg. here; it was 69 in Denver, which tied the old record high temp. We sure need rain or some of that white stuff.

This morning is Bible Study Fellowship -- my week to play the piano. I collected $ for a gift for our group discussion leader; we'll be gifting her a gift card from a local garden center, where she can use it for Christmas, or flowers in the spring. I have a few errands to run on the way home, so I'll grab my usual Wendy's lunch.

Time to fix DH's breakfast. Have a great "hump day."

Iris Girl
December 13th, 2017, 10:17 AM
Morning all. Yes Weds already! My day off (work that is). It is cold only 17 degrees this morning. Yesterday was slow at work we had some snow/sleet /rain and it closed /delayed some schools. This morning so far I have washed a load of laundry, changed the sheets, washed a loud of towels to go in the dryer (the only thing I will use the dryer for.) and am working on my new purse. mini factotum. It is coming out really well. Up to the the top zipper now. Also working on the wreath wall hanging for my son. Got the *lights* sewn on the tree and the start that go in the center of the wreath. Now for placement of *garland* around the wreath. I made the three 3-D-ish by now sewing the bottom down, so we have lights from scrapbooking stuff on them and an embroidered star on top. Garland is sewing trims so it will be kind of 3-D.
It is sunny but cold a with wind. I will have to venture out eventually for milk and bread.
Christmas is very minimal in our house. Hubby doesn't know how to buy for anyone but himself and its no fun for me buying my own gifts. My youngest is great as he works and always gets me something. Oldest has issues and does not work but does all the tech work and home security work. No tree with this year with 3 rambunctious 2 year old kitties. I decorate with my runners I make for the seasons. It is what it is. Would love a big tree and all but I would be doing all the work with some help from the kids...hubby none. His Mom fell short by a long shot of doing anything for her kids.
Have a great day all and stay warm.

NanaMaggie
December 13th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Good morning Y'all,

Looks to be a lovely sunny day here in FL - a bit chilly maybe but the kind of day to open the windows and let in the fresh air.

Looks like another 3 weeks of not walking... diabetic ulcer still isn't healed - or I should say has returned. At least the right foot has healed and I can drive. The bad news is I can drive thru fast food instead of have someone grocery shop for me... God willing the New Year will get this over and done and surgery to fix the issue.

Today will be another sewing day, I can prop my foot on a chair and stitch away!

Hugs,

KPH
December 13th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Good Morning All,

Monique, sounds like your guild meeting was a lot of fun. Congrats on your wins!
Lori, have fun on your days off!
Barb, your tamale party sounds like fun, and yes... do use the Lard on your tamales!
Cathy, 6 wins! You really took the prizes! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

Apparently, we didn't want to be at home yesterday. DH came up with having the Sesame Shrimp and Asian Vegetables that we'd found at Walmart. It was delicious and had loads of shrimp. Since the kids all like shrimp (except J), it was microwave/ oven easy, I was on board with that. So we went to where we bought it. Zip, nada, nothing in that spot. Three more Walmarts all not far, so we did the Wally World shuffle. Not one of them had that box. After the third Walmart, we tried the Walmart Market on the way back toward the house, they didn't have it either. It must be really popular, it was really good. That left us trying to figure out what we would have for dinner tonight. Sigh, DIL's diet is driving me nuts! I'd thought I'd found an easy out!

I'm not letting it get me down. I picked up the Low Country Boil, and the Tilapia with Asian Vegetables and Sesame (same brand and style pouch) since J doesn't like shrimp. We'll see. I'm throwing 3 packs in the oven this afternoon and fixing a pot of real rice and a box of faux rice (DIL) and calling it dinner.

I did manage to get my sewing room/ home school room cleaned up yesterday. I have one less big box of Christmas fabrics that was refilled with all sizes of scrap batting place mat size and bigger. All of the craft stuff is back in the right boxes and all the stuff DH dumps in my room because he doesn't know where to put it, is put away. So now, I can work on my hexie quilt when the kids aren't around.

We bought a TV cabinet at the Salvation Army Thrift Store last week. It's sitting in the 'door way' between out 'formal sitting area' and the kitchen. (It's probably supposed to be the dining area, but there wasn't a place for the china cabinet, so it's not.) The kids loved to zoom around and around in circles, going through the kitchen. We moved the furniture around and blocked it pretty much, but Z, the smallest still tries to get through. All in all, it is a win win. We can stop the race track, and I get a huge amount of storage area. We bought a piece of plexiglass to protect the top, and a piece of plywood to cover the back. We can't paint it, as DS#1 has all of our painting stuff. It's going to be the DH's WIP for a while. He was planning on painting it white to match the kitchen cabinets that we have now. I'm going, noooo, these cabinets are going out, the lowers are all going to be dark gray, so paint it that. At least it will give me an idea if I really want the lowers being that dark. I know the uppers are going to be light.

He's pacing. Apparently, we're heading out again this morning. It probably would be wise to get dressed, I'm not a pajama Walmart shopper after all.

Prayers for those in need. Have a wonderful creative day!

Star lover
December 13th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Wow, good morning all! Y'all are a very busy bunch!

I'm late here today. Woke up with a massive headache, posted Trivia, went back to bed.....I feel like a new woman....well at least I feel much better!

Guild parties/teas/benefits sounded wonderful! Hoping everyone gets all they need to done today. Especially their shopping, cooking, sewing, etc. done too!

I shoveled snow yesterday....in freezing 18', with the wind howling. Never got warmed up. It eventually dropped to 12'! I crawled under my quilt after dinner to hand quilt. Somewhere in there I woke up...I fell asleep with needle in hand...didn't lose anything! Yeah!

It's still cold and I hear the wind blowing! Thermometer says 14'....we got about 3" on top of what we had and they're saying another 3" today......I should never been sooo happy that the big one went south ......cuz the cold is here and now it sounds like a couple of inches if that rotten white stuff every day for......who knows how long!

I sure hope everyone stays warm and has a absolutely wonderful day. Love ❤️ and hugs To ALL!

grammaterry
December 13th, 2017, 12:27 PM
Joy, I think your $30guild fee was well worth it. You mentioned this a few days ago. A place to go, parties to attend and speakers to boot. Tamales sound like a fun party and all those parties you all get to go to sound so much fun. The only party I have planned to attend is the Shriners event and it was postponed to this Sunday. That will be nice but , gosh, most everyone is so old now that it is pretty much just dinner. But that will be nice. We will drive there ...its about 85 miles from here. Then the day after Christmas , our children will have an annual get together. THis year at baby DD. That's the highlight of my holiday partying activities. We haven't even notified all our old friends that we have retired yet. DH isn't ready to socialize.
Iris Girl, I do sympathize with you about the DH gift situation. Mine is the same. He is buying stuff for himself like crazy this month. I've found a couple of surprises for him. He does always ask me what I want and he will buy it if I tell him. I've decided not to be a whimp about it. Last year he told me to buy myself a sewing machine. I did. This year I upgraded it and told him, "this is not my gift from you...it is my gift to myself. I don't care what you get me, but I expect a surprise under that tree. He said, give me a hint and I said, I don't care what it is, just a surprise. Well, I told the girls and they said <no mom. make him a list, men don't have a clue and its just too stressful. So, I made a list of 5 small things and told him the girls didn't think I was being fair and he said, well they're right. On the list, I asked for a light to go out to the sewing room. (its about 200 feet from the back door, but behind the house) Yesterday, (the coldest day of the year with wind howling and windchills of -5, he wired a light to the back of the house. He mumbled all day about how much he had to do and had to stop to wire me up a light. Merry Christmas!!! Now, he's mumbling that he has to go shopping....hummmm.....
So April, its a man thing! Not everyone is married to Bubby's husband.

Georgie Girl
December 13th, 2017, 12:56 PM
Won't even start about my DH. I was thinking the same thing when I seen Bubby's husband picking names...oh how I wish....

MaggieSue
December 13th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Well it is too late here to say good morning, been reading this thread daily since I retired, before that sporadically. So I feel like you are all friends, so today I thought I would join in if that is okay? Since I retired I joined the Y, water exercise. Had a total knee a year ago with not the best results. So I am doing my best to make it better. Have the goal to start swimming again have not done that since high school. The instructor gave me some tips and thought by 6-months I will be swimming like a fish. Time will tell. This noon had lunch with high school classmates and now will do some laundry. Have a great day!!!

Monique
December 13th, 2017, 06:46 PM
Well it is too late here to say good morning, been reading this thread daily since I retired, before that sporadically. So I feel like you are all friends, so today I thought I would join in if that is okay? Since I retired I joined the Y, water exercise. Had a total knee a year ago with not the best results. So I am doing my best to make it better. Have the goal to start swimming again have not done that since high school. The instructor gave me some tips and thought by 6-months I will be swimming like a fish. Time will tell. This noon had lunch with high school classmates and now will do some laundry. Have a great day!!!

It is great to 'see' you. Jump in every day.