PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning Saturday

JCY
December 9th, 2017, 10:05 AM
Good Morning ~ We had a very nice day yest. with a warm temp. of 63 deg. & sunny. It's a brisk 24 deg. this a.m. -- colder than they predicted. It was amazing to see that snow in Atlanta & the southern states. Here we are: bone dry.

Yest. our Lady Bugs group had their monthly get together, a potluck, with gift exchange. Our group has gotten so large, that most in the group do not have space in their homes to host 30 of us. Some live in senior apartments where there is a large meeting room, which works well. The rest of the time we eat out at a local restaurant.

Yest. I went to the copy shop & printed off 175 (duplexed) color copies of my annual Christmas letter. Much cheaper, quicker, & easier than doing it on my home printer. Now I just need to finish the tedious job of updating my address list. I've been re-doing all the label docs. in my computer. I'm almost done. Then I can start getting the cards ready. Christmas mail will be on my agenda today.

I play the organ for church tomorrow. I need to get out my Christmas music & run through it, since it's been a year. I hope everyone has a good day.

Lori63
December 9th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Good morning:) I'm up with a sick grandson. He has croup and is coughing and having a hard time breathing:( Papa had the night shift. Hope he feels better soon, he's seriously cutting into my sewing time;)

Later this morning I hope to finish up a couple stockings and work on a rag quilt then it's off for some Christmas Shopping with DD2. Then back to the sewing room this evening, I hope.

Tomorrow we have an annual Christmas party to attend. We've been having this same party for over 25 years, it's become quite the tradition. We started the party when our kids were babies and Santa made an appearance. Now it's known as the Santa Party and the grandkids get to enjoy Santa. Some years it's huge with lots of kiddos and other years fairly small.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Ginny B
December 9th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Good morning everyone. It's a grey morning here. Waiting for some snow today which will make me smile. I do like snow.

I had the annual work Christmas party on Thursday night and was really tired and sore yesterday. But it was fun. Today I plan on putting some beef barley soup in the crockpot and then spending the day wrapping gifts, running my embroidery machine and doing some laundry. Tomorrow I will start packing for Thursday's trip to California. I'm so excited to be with my grandson, son and dil! I can't believe Zeke is going to be 1 next week!

Sounds like you had a nice time at your Ladybug get together Jcy. Lori, have fun at your Santa Party and I hope your grandson feels better soon.

This elf needs to get into the workshop so off I go. Have a great day all.

grammaterry
December 9th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Its still snowing. That weatherman...said a dusting and we are way past 6 inches. Biggest snow fall here since 1971. Before that it was A REALLY long time ago. Maybe I'll get out in it and take a couple of pictures.
The party for tonight was canceled or postponed I should say. IT will be a week from tomorrow. There is a lot more snow south of here and people just shouldn't get out for no real reason.
I'm going to turn the propane heater on in the sewing room in an hour or so and let it take the extreme cold away. I'd really like to play around with some applique. I've never tried it.Now that I'm retired, I thought I should try some new skills. Just think, 3 Christmas's ago, I didn't even know what FMQ was...now...
I baked yesterday...made a pineapple/walnut fiilling for a coconut pineapple cake. Just when I had put the filling between the 4 layers, we got the text that the party I was taking it to was postponed. I wrapped it and put it in the freezer without the creamcheese icing. I hope it will work when it comes out of the freezer.
Think maybe I'll make chicken noodle soup or chili for supper. On a cold day like this it might be a good comforting meal. THe beef barley soup sounds scrumptious but I don't have any barley on hand.
Joy, you are a woman of many talents. Organ playing, sewing, cooking....

Star lover
December 9th, 2017, 12:48 PM
Sounds like a busy happy bunch!
Good morning everyone.

Here it is......
the dreaded white stuff. I was out early this am - 7, to the farmers market. My DIL's just told me the grand girls want flannel nightgowns for Christmas. Yikes! I haven't garment sewed in over 20 years. So I headed to Joanne's after the market and have 2 to chose from. I couldn't find what I really want. But I don't have the luxury of time to look. They'll need new ones soon and then there is another gd, so next time!

They're saying we're to get about 3".....as they are generally wrong,I hope we get less. Less is best!

Joy - happy you're meeting went well. Your organ playing reminds me I need to bone up on some Christmas dulcimer tunes.
Lori - I hope your grandson feels better soon! And all goes well at the big party!
Ginny - soup sounds fantastic! I think I have some chili in the freezer...gonna thaw it right now! Yum!
Terry - my, you've been busy with all that cooking. Hope it all freezes well...now you'll have less work next week! Yeah!

Sorry about all that white stuff.....unless you love it! I used to....old age and a really bad fall a couple years ago, have made me dread the stuff!

Hope y'all have a great rest of your weekend! Love and hugs all around.

Carolnnc
December 9th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Good morning to all. Half way across the state of NC we got the dusting of snow that Terry was expecting. It was so nice to watch the flakes drift down yesterday without the hassle of having to leave the house. We are supposed to get a few more flakes today. I'm thinking chili and baked potato for dinner.
DH is home today and he has requested french toast for breakfast. Hopefully he will help me work on the "honey do list" this afternoon. It's looking to be a slow and lazy day!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

LLLinda
December 9th, 2017, 01:04 PM
Happy Saturday folks. For those of us that are retired, the weekend is just like any other day. The sun is up and shining although chilly. No big plans for today other than being in the sewing room. JOY, you said yesterday that you cut your own hair. Do you use one of those Flow Bee things? How do you do the back?

KPH
December 9th, 2017, 05:25 PM
Well, it's afternoon and I'm just getting here. Joy, you're amazing! I marvel at all you do. Lori, croup is no fun. DS#1 had a really bad case when DS#2 was a newborn. Talk about trying to split yourself in two. One in the hospital in a tent, and the other at home that needed to nurse, I was in misery! I always feel for kiddos when they're sick. Ginny, I hope you have a wonderful trip, be safe! Anita, Terry and Carol... have fun in the snow! I'm not missing it! It's been rather chilly the past couple of days. I actually got out a hoodie to wear.

I finished the Mt. view last night. I guess I need to figure out a name for it and get it hung tonight.

We had the kids this morning. J came in and asked if I'd measured the Amaryllis we planted Thursday. I laughed and told him it was his job. So I got it down and we measured it. It had grown 1/2" since Thursday afternoon. He was amazed. We recorded the growth on a chart. Next time he comes, we'll do it again.

I need to get in my sewing room and clean up. Between homeschooling and sewing, it's a mess! While DH is snoring in his chair, I might as well get started.

Have a creative day! Prayers for those in need.

Bubby
December 9th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Hi Everyone...We just got home from working at the apartments. It's terribly cold with wind today. I think I got too cold. I will need to go soak in the tub to thaw out.

Jeff and Dottie are taking a walk in the woods to put new batteries in his game cameras. I stayed home to try to warm up.

I got the most beautiful forum surprise in the mail today. I will take a picture and put it in a new thread.

Lori, I suffered with the croup as a child. I hope your DGS feels better soon. It's really hard watching a little one struggle to breathe.

I hope everyone is having a good day. Hugs...

JCY
December 9th, 2017, 06:20 PM
Linda ~ Cutting my hair ~ I've never heard of that Flow Bee thing. I do it mostly by feel. I've learned to put a band aide on the middle knuckle of my L. hand. At least twice I nicked myself with the scissors. I use a hand mirror to view the back of my hair in the big wall mirror for trimming around my ears & neck & using the trimmers. It's been working ok for >30 yrs.

LLLinda
December 9th, 2017, 07:22 PM
I can just see me trying that! The band aide would be about all I would be successful with if I tried to use electric clippers and scissors looking in a mirror. I haven't tried it but I think I would end up being all chopped up.

NanaMaggie
December 9th, 2017, 08:05 PM
It has been a busy Saturday so far. The grandkids enjoyed the dusting of snow with a mini snowball fight too funny watching barefoot kids in t-shirts romping with snow... froze me to death just watching.

After I got my hands warmed up I was able to get the binding finished on the second to last table runner, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Feeling good to be ahead of the game, then i checked the email and DGD is asking for a gown for the Winter Celebration next weekend. She wants a spandex sequined red strapless mini - once my heart started to beat again I said no, not going to make that for a 15 yr old! maybe if you are 25 and singing the blues at a night club in Paris! I'm sure her parents have no idea...

Think there a few hours of sewing and listening to Christmas music left today, Hope everyone has a great evening! Hugs

LLLinda
December 9th, 2017, 10:37 PM
Good answer Grandma.