PDA

View Full Version : Snow in South Texas!

snippet
December 8th, 2017, 01:58 AM
It happened! We have snow! It's very crazy too, because north Texas doesn't have snow but we do. It even came with thunder. Everyone was outside watching it fall and stick on the grass. Kids were trying to make snowmen too. I just love snow falling on a dark night; it reminds me of my childhood and the snowy winters we had in Maryland, Turkey and Japan.

Thankfully it's just an inch or two and it isn't sticking to the streets. But it will still cause problems in the morning with ice on bridges and such. Schools are already making announcements to have a late start.

Mom23
December 8th, 2017, 02:04 AM
We just saw that on the news and I told Terry you lived where it was snowing. I'm jealous, bring it on!!!

NanaMaggie
December 8th, 2017, 05:51 AM
Enjoy the fluffy white while you can! Grandkids are all excited that we may get a few flakes this morning.

Judy, USMC
December 8th, 2017, 06:13 AM
Yes - Thunder Snow! Enjoy it while you can ... been years since I've seen and heard it.

Bubby
December 8th, 2017, 09:47 AM
Judy is correct...Thunder Snow!! Lucky you...send some our way please.

auntstuff
December 8th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Um...nope! Don't want some!

Carolnnc
December 8th, 2017, 09:58 AM
We'll start getting snow & sleet around noon today. It's to warm to stick so we will have snow on the trees and grass which will be gone by Sunday.

grammaterry
December 8th, 2017, 10:07 AM
We were blessed with just a dusting this morning. I understand that 30 miles south of us it is a lot more.

Squeaky
December 8th, 2017, 12:51 PM
It stuck! We had a few inches of fluffy accumulation here in the Houston area, which is NOT something we ever get down here! It's MAGICAL!

Caroline T.
December 8th, 2017, 01:38 PM
We were blessed with just a dusting this morning. I understand that 30 miles south of us it is a lot more.

My Niece and her family are in Black Mountain (close to you) and they had enough snow to build an impressive snowman and to cancel school today. The kids are thrilled!

buckeyequilter
December 8th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Enjoy the snow....but keep it there, please.

Navy Wife
December 8th, 2017, 05:59 PM
Ours started about noon and kept coming down till about 3. It was heavy at times, and grass and bushes are covered. Streets are clear. All the schools closed early except our city schools. County closes at the first flake or whisper of flake. They have to send buses into the mountains and it gets dangerous up there! We're supposed to have snow showers for the next week. As usual, all the people in town were headed for, still at, or headed home from the grocery store! It was 31 at 2 o'clock.

I wonder what Atlanta will be like tonight?!!

meliswan
December 9th, 2017, 06:07 PM
I got a little over a foot of snow about 35 miles west of Atlanta. Our power went out at 6:30 Friday night and is still out. I had to go buy a generator this morning. No telling when the power will be back on!148307

meliswan
December 9th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Well none of my other pics will load

meliswan
December 9th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Hey, Georgia Girl! How are you doing?