PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday already?

Monique
December 6th, 2017, 06:54 AM

I would like to know where Monday and Tuesday went please.

Good morning friends. Yes up this early. Apparently I kept hubby up with my snoring. Hard to believe, I know. So he gets up and that wakes me up, so here we are.

I ran errands yesterday so another day of no sewing. We had our Christmas meeting last night and our SS were revealed. Claire was pleased with her wall hanging. Not quite the reception I was anticipating but I think she really liked it. Everyone else did that is for sure. Anyhow, I have a new one for the coming year and I have never had her. I must confess I picked through the lot first. She is a sewer but not a quilter, so I should have fun.

Tonight is our Christmas Cheer dinner. We are expecting about 115 or so. And then tomorrow night I have an appointment for a much needed hair cut.

So have a great day friends.

Bubby
December 6th, 2017, 07:12 AM
Good Morning Monique and Everyone.

I started my day yesterday with a mammogram. I had a new technician and boy did I miss my regular one. It will be a week or so before I get any results.

Yesterday afternoon I lost all power in my sewing room. The rest of the house was fine. I called our electrica co-op to ask a few questions and they sent a guy right out to see me (normally they don't enter your home). Together we tracked down the issue and he got me up and running in about an hour. I was most concerned about my Janome, of course. The warranty expired 12/4, so it would not be covered.

Jeff has to work another double shift this week, Thursday or Friday.

It's time for me to make coffee and turn off Big Bear's alarm.

Wishing everyone a great day....with hugs.

Mary Lynn
December 6th, 2017, 07:46 AM
This is my week for Christmas lunches. Today it is with a group of ladies I golf with. I have to travel about an hour and a half & our weather went through dramatic change yesterday. We went from unseasonably warm to below freezing temps. They say it will stay cold from now through to Christmas. We get a lot of snow squalls in this area off Lake Huron so I was apprehensive about the weather this morning, but it looks clear & cold out.

Monday was lunch with my three sisters. We went shopping afterwards & with their encouragement I had a great time & bought quite a few things. We hit a very nice store that had lovely things. I don’t usually buy clothes for myself unless off the sale rack but not this time. I started wanting to get some nice jeans that fit me well & after trying on 10 pair found ones I like that met with sister’s approval.
Yesterday I managed to get borders on a table runner & get it sandwiched. I had made the top in a class I took on paper piecing a week ago. I think I will try big stitch hand quilting on it. Something new for me. I am usually a walking foot quilter.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Star lover
December 6th, 2017, 08:04 AM
Good morning early birds! And I thought I was up early at 4.....
Great advice Monique...if we ever get a new TV. Ours is ......really old. It has a tube! Hope your hubby doesn't snore again tonight! Hee hee.

Barb, so happy you have power and no harm to your machine.....how awful that would have been!

Mary, sometime say gotta just splurge! How fun.

Man did it get cold. 25' this am and it's not going to get a whole lot warmer.......rats! Not likin old man winter and it hasn't even started yet.....officially.

Did manage to get into my sewing room and sew together 2 more blocks. Lots more to do than sew this time of year, but sewing does calm me down...

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Love and hugs to all!

Monique
December 6th, 2017, 08:14 AM
Anita, I was the one snoring. I am now doing up my Christmas cards.

Star lover
December 6th, 2017, 08:23 AM
Anita, I was the one snoring. I am now doing up my Christmas cards.

I got that......I was watching your back..... I believe it wasn't you.....yeah, I'm goin with that. It couldn't possibly be you.....he was dreaming.......yup, that's what happened! :icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Iris Girl
December 6th, 2017, 08:27 AM
Morning all. Day off today from work anyway. Mammogram this morning. Laundry on the line. Its suppose to be in the 40's and breezy with some sun. Need to finish my last co workers gift. She was harder to figure. So I got her a penguin mug because I remember her saying my penguin Christmas earring were cute and she liked penguins. Making her a mug rug to match and I think a key fob and change purse. Then I can work on a wreath wall hanging my son asked for.

Monique my hubby always tells me I snore to loud...but then so does he.

Barb glad your machine was ok and you got the problem fixed. Hope all results on your mammo are good.

Anita I am up at 4am every day. That's how I get things done. But by 3 I am wore out. That's the price for being a morning person.

Hope everyone has a great day

Bubby
December 6th, 2017, 09:04 AM
Morning all. Day off today from work anyway. Mammogram this morning. Laundry on the line. Its suppose to be in the 40's and breezy with some sun. Need to finish my last co workers gift. She was harder to figure. So I got her a penguin mug because I remember her saying my penguin Christmas earring were cute and she liked penguins. Making her a mug rug to match and I think a key fob and change purse. Then I can work on a wreath wall hanging my son asked for.

Monique my hubby always tells me I snore to loud...but then so does he.

Barb glad your machine was ok and you got the problem fixed. Hope all results on your mammo are good.

Anita I am up at 4am every day. That's how I get things done. But by 3 I am wore out. That's the price for being a morning person.

Hope everyone has a great day

Good luck with the results of your mammo, too. Can't we think of something more fun to do just before Christmas!

JCY
December 6th, 2017, 10:08 AM
Good Morning ~ I'll be brief. DH already is waiting for his breakfast. I was awake 90 min. in the night, so I'm feeling tired today. I was having some tightness in my chest--wondering if it could be cardiac related or just feeling panicky or muscular. Caregiving is stressful. I think I'll call my dr. today to set up an appt. I might need a work-up.

I completed my Christmas letter (rough draft) yest. DH read it & thinks it's ok. I'll review it one last time & tweak it if necessary.

Monique, if snoring keeps either of you awake, you always can sleep in separate bedrooms. It works well for a lot of couples.

Gotta get on with my day.

This a.m. is Bible Study Fellowship. I'm going to skip the potluck lunch afterwards & come right home.

Monique
December 6th, 2017, 10:18 AM
I got that......I was watching your back..... I believe it wasn't you.....yeah, I'm goin with that. It couldn't possibly be you.....he was dreaming.......yup, that's what happened! :icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Okay that's our story and we're sticking to it then. LOL!!

Monique
December 6th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Good Morning ~ I'll be brief. DH already is waiting for his breakfast. I was awake 90 min. in the night, so I'm feeling tired today. I was having some tightness in my chest--wondering if it could be cardiac related or just feeling panicky or muscular. Caregiving is stressful. I think I'll call my dr. today to set up an appt. I might need a work-up.

I completed my Christmas letter (rough draft) yest. DH read it & thinks it's ok. I'll review it one last time & tweak it if necessary.

Monique, if snoring keeps either of you awake, you always can sleep in separate bedrooms. It works well for a lot of couples.

Gotta get on with my day.

This a.m. is Bible Study Fellowship. I'm going to skip the potluck lunch afterwards & come right home.

I always tell him he could send me to the other room.

KPH
December 6th, 2017, 10:40 AM
Everyone is so busy.

Monique, maybe your SS was figuring out where she was going to hang your beautiful elephant. It's a beautiful piece! Good luck with your dinner today.

Barb, I'm so glad your electrical issues were solved quickly and safely. One of my DH's cousins posted a picture of water gushing out of an electrical outlet. The question posed was to call an electrician or a plumber. Her dad is a life long electrician that just sold his company. Naturally, she said she'd call dad. DH, laughed and said... it's a ground fault outlet, call the plumber, the power's already off in that outlet. I just laughed, he's always that contrary.

Mary, I wish I had somebody to shop with that would tell me how things really look. I'd like to get a couple of jackets/ sweaters for church and some pants that don't look like a family moved out of the seat.

April, you do such beautiful work, I know your coworker will be thrilled.

Joy, I was going through so many things this year, I found the Christmas letter my Dad wrote when they moved close to us. I guess I need to write one telling everyone where we are now, lol, but DH won't want to spend the money on stamps to mail them.

We hit the Dollar Tree yesterday. Gift bags, gift bags and more gift bags. The clerk asked if we had enough. I just looked at her and said I doubt it. So, at the second trip to the Dollar Tree, we managed to get enough. I walked down to Books A Million, the mission was to find a 'how to draw' book for J. I ended up with three more Christmas picture books for my collection. It's the 75th anniversary of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer! DH picked that book! It is beautiful, way different from the first copies given away by Montgomery Ward. Anita, you might be able to find about how Rudolph came to be, I think I have a copy of the history on the copy I bought for the 50th anniversary. DH didn't know, so maybe its something for your trivia?

I started FMQ on the mt. view yesterday. It's hard on the shoulders, so frequent breaks were needed. Three colors are done. The blues, dark blue grays and creams are left to do. Started the prep work for Christmas eve dinner. My MIL makes her casseroles early and freezes them. I've got the butternut squash ready to roast. I'll get it fixed and put into a foil lined pyrex dish. Freeze it and wrap it up tight. Then it will be ready for topping and shoving into the oven on Christmas Eve.

A trip across the river to Hobby Lobby is on the agenda today. Then family dinner tonight. Home school tomorrow, so it's going to be busy for the next few days.

Hope everyone's boobie squish comes back clean and clear. Prayers for those in need.

Lori63
December 6th, 2017, 11:56 AM
Good morning all:)

I need to call to get my mammo scheduled, I think I'm almost a year overdue. I definitely did not take care of myself this last year at all. I'm late for my dental cleaning too.

I'm beginning to think I need to clone myself. My to do list just keeps getting bigger and I seem to have less and less time to get things done. Every night after work I have a list of things I want to do, but very rarely do I even get to it...and I'm busy from the time I get home until I go to bed. I don't remember the last time I sat and watched TV. I do have Thursday and Friday off work, although I have the grands, I'm hoping to at least get a little done.

Enough rant, hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Monique
December 6th, 2017, 01:00 PM
I am lucky as I don't any boobies left to squish.

MaryUK
December 6th, 2017, 10:10 PM
I had errands to run this morning and a quick trip to the supermarket. After lunch I spent the afternoon in my sewing room. I have finished the table runner, placemats and mug rugs from myself for Christmas Day and started on half a dozen mug rugs for DD. I'm putting off sandwiching the Christmas quilt for DD, as it's a surprise gift I can't leave it on the machine in case she comes into the room so will try to get it started tomorrow afternoon - that will give me a day and a half to get to the point where I can do a bit then hide it in a cupboard. Here's hoping the plan works!!

Hugs and best wishes to those in need and I hope the mammogram results come back clear.