PDA

View Full Version : A shipping HaHa

Carlie Wolf
December 5th, 2017, 07:00 PM
I decided to track something I ordered from Amazon.

It said it was delivered and arrived at 11:08AM on December 6.

Hummm except it wasn't there because it's December 5.

auntstuff
December 5th, 2017, 07:25 PM
You gotta wonder about those brainiacs.

SuzyQue
December 5th, 2017, 08:28 PM
Yep, I ordered some Christmas gifts this year that traveled all over the Midwest for almost a month. It was in the closest city at least three times. It kept saying it was an exception and looking for a post office. I finally got it, but the box was almost non existent! Crazy! Items were fine, remarkably!

grammaterry
December 5th, 2017, 08:30 PM
wow. Those are some stories.

LLLinda
December 5th, 2017, 08:57 PM
In my town the USPS is really giving bad service. People are complaining about late delivery when the tracking says "out for delivery". And it says that for days sometimes. I had that happen too. Have not heard of UPS or FEDEX having problems but they may.

Hulamoon
December 5th, 2017, 10:13 PM
lol I'm all done except for a book from Ebay. It was shipped ground, so it's walking under the ocean.

Cokie
December 5th, 2017, 11:05 PM
lol I'm all done except for a book from Ebay. It was shipped ground, so it's walking under the ocean.

This made me LOL!

JCY
December 5th, 2017, 11:10 PM
Well, I got my used books from Thrift Books in a very timely fashion. When I backed the car out of the garage this a.m. to take DH to his dental appt., I saw several pkgs. on the front porch by the door. I had DH put them in the garage before we left. Please tell me why these delivery people never ring the door bell to let a person know a pkg. has been delivered?!!!! Both UPS & USPS do it.

Vonnie
December 5th, 2017, 11:18 PM
With all the thefts lately it would be nice for them to at least ring the bell. They used to.

A while back, I had a package take several months to get to me. Don't know why it went through California, but it sat in Anaheim for about 10 days. I guess it wanted to go to Disneyland!

mamo69
December 6th, 2017, 12:45 AM
Guess I am lucky. Mailed a package Priority on Monday (yesterday). My receipt said expect delivery Thursday. Received a call from niece thanking me! The package was for her Crazy I know but, didn't shock me. It was the Thursday I didn't understand Hmmm

LLLinda
December 6th, 2017, 02:58 AM
I've always thought the delivery men quit ringing or knocking when they realized they could save time and steps by not going up the stairs, just sliding the pk under the railing or standing at the bottom and leaning over to the top step. At one time my mailman would stand at the bottom, not being able to reach the bell but he would bang on the side of the house.

bubba
December 6th, 2017, 03:24 AM
A friend of mine tracked a package last week. It was coming from about 30 miles away....don't ask me because I would have driven 30 miles to get it myself! Anyway, it went from there to Seattle, to Wenatchee (middle of the state), to Spokane (far east side of the state) and then to Tacoma! Took two days!

TMP
December 6th, 2017, 04:00 AM
Maybe they just enjoy riding around with our packages. It all makes no sense.

Star lover
December 6th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Our UPS guy is great! Always try's to protect our packages. He puts it between the doors or covers it with the or mat. He always knocks.

But USPS.....I could write a book of all the troubles we've had with her.....calls, surveys, nothing has changed. We've had her for about 15 years and she's the number 1 reason I would love to move! I think she's lost it and does stuff just to drive everyone nuts.

Sad thing is they don't seem to care....at all. I guess she has her time in and they don't want to rock the boat. In the meantime, the area of the city she "services" has complained and have never gotten any results. We LOVE it when she's on vacation.......which doesn't happen often enough. Sigh....

What ever happened to customer service?

auntstuff
December 6th, 2017, 09:30 AM
Our UPS guy is great! Always try's to protect our packages. He puts it between the doors or covers it with the or mat. He always knocks.

But USPS.....I could write a book of all the troubles we've had with her.....calls, surveys, nothing has changed. We've had her for about 15 years and she's the number 1 reason I would love to move! I think she's lost it and does stuff just to drive everyone nuts.

Sad thing is they don't seem to care....at all. I guess she has her time in and they don't want to rock the boat. In the meantime, the area of the city she "services" has complained and have never gotten any results. We LOVE it when she's on vacation.......which doesn't happen often enough. Sigh....

What ever happened to customer service?

You get better results by complaining to the Postmaster General in your state.

Star lover
December 6th, 2017, 09:34 AM
You get better results by complaining to the Postmaster General in your state.

Tried that.....no help. She's been a postal worker for over 30 years. They're just waiting, figuring she'll retire soon. Can't come fast enough for me!

toggpine
December 6th, 2017, 12:25 PM
I bribe my delivery drivers. It happened by accident the first time. I had a batch of cookies just coming out of the oven and had to make the UPS guy wait while I set down the hot cookie sheet before opening the door to sign for the package. I sent him with a half dozen as thanks for waiting.
He now makes sure our stuff is on the porch and once, during a nasty patch of rain, he put our stuff in a clear plastic bag to keep it dry. He has received other baked goods over the last 15 years as continued bribes!

LindaKay75
December 6th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Some stories I'd say. I've had enough bad experiences with the postal system that after this year I will not be mailing anymore packages. It's become a BIG JOKE to me and I cannot tolerate such incompetence/nonsense. I sent my granddaughter a Christmas box priority mail and she has to sign for it. She works 6 days a week and cannot get to her post office in time. Unbeknownst to me I didn't know her post office was only open from 10am til 4pm M-F and not open at all on Saturdays. Even during the holidays. Never heard of such a thing. Her receipt was not left in her mail box either, they stuck it in her screen door. Maybe that's the norm? Post office clerk said her mom can pick up the box with a signed receipt. Nothing is simple anymore.

GuitarGramma
December 6th, 2017, 04:32 PM

Too funny!:icon_rofl:

GuitarGramma
December 6th, 2017, 04:39 PM
My office is the room right next to the front door. So I know when stuff gets delivered and whether they knock, ring the bell, or drop and run! We have the Ring doorbell, so I get an alert on my cell phone when the door bell rings. I WANT UPS, Fed Ex, and USPS to ring that bell.

So I painted a cute little sign that says, "Deliveries, please RING BELL."

It doesn't work.:icon_attention:

Cqueen
December 8th, 2017, 02:42 PM
This is so awesome! It reminds me of a time when people seemed more caring and not as selfish. It doesn't take much more to be kind.

Navy Wife
December 8th, 2017, 06:11 PM
LindaKay75, your granddaughter must live in St. Jacob, IL! My daughter has the same problem. I've given up sending packages and just send checks or gift cards. If I make or buy something, I save it till we go up there or she comes here. All she gets is a picture!