PDA

View Full Version : I posed a question about gifting a pie.

Deegles
December 2nd, 2017, 10:43 AM
Unamously every one said to gift the pie and I will probably make a pie pin cushion to go with it. Thanks all for your suggestions. Now, the gift exchange I am going to is to be wrapped in brown to signify it is homemade. How the heck do I wrap a pie? This might be a fail. I have to be 10 dollars or less.

Star lover
December 2nd, 2017, 10:47 AM
Mmmm Do you have a box that it'll fit it. Just a plain box. Put wax paper over, around and then in all the empty corners to keep from shifting. Are they going to count the cost of a box and paper?
If the box is from something else, you didn't pay for it. Paper....mmmm, I keep old tissue, just to wrap stuff in when shipping and bubble wrap.
It'll be ineteresting what you end up with....certainly is a puzzle.....

Grey Lady
December 2nd, 2017, 11:05 AM
How about using a brown paper grocery bag, cut into 3 inch strips. Use the strips time go once over and under the pie. Use more to form a flat bow for the top.

grammaterry
December 2nd, 2017, 11:05 AM
I think a piece of unbleached brown muslin either with elastic to fit over the top of the pie like a bonnet or around the pie with a drawstring to close the top.

Hulamoon
December 2nd, 2017, 11:07 AM
Maybe go to a bakery or in store grocery store and ask for one or offer to pay. They buy in bulk so it shouldn't be to much. Then decorate it!

LLLinda
December 2nd, 2017, 11:26 AM
I would wrap it in cellophane. Set the pie in the center and bring the wrap up around on all sides. You may need to use two pieces, one each way. Tie with a nice bow. If it needs to be hidden you could put in a bakery box as has been said.

jjkaiser
December 2nd, 2017, 01:07 PM
Bakery box or box frm pizza place if it doesn't smell too much like onions etc. cardboard can absorb odors but idk if that would affect the taste of the pie. Or if you live close to a Value Village or something like that maybe look in the housewares section for Tupperware? Or even a pretty metal cookie tin from $ Store, just take your pie plate with you make sure it fits inside. If I make a bundt cake I always store it in the fridge inside a large metal cookie tin.

Iris Girl
December 2nd, 2017, 02:00 PM
The craft stores sell cake boxes by the wilton products . Should find one to fit.

toggpine
December 2nd, 2017, 09:10 PM
I buy cupcake containers from the grocery store bakery. They charge me a $ for them. I'd guess you could buy a pie box or cake box there too. Some are pink on the outside, but brown on the in. Just fold it inside out when you put it together.

Hulamoon
December 2nd, 2017, 09:35 PM
I buy cupcake containers from the grocery store bakery. They charge me a $ for them. I'd guess you could buy a pie box or cake box there too. Some are pink on the outside, but brown on the in. Just fold it inside out when you put it together.

I did that when I was selling on Ebay!