PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Tree Up

Bubby
December 1st, 2017, 08:15 PM
Our tree is up. We finished it last night. Is your tree up yet? If so, I would love to see it.

148114 148115 148116

The angels, snowflakes and ballerinas are handmade...lots and lots of hours at the embroidery machine. My favorite ornament is the black scottie dog Cathy F made us to remember our Sweet Olive. It is wearing a special engraved tag. We love it, Cathy.

Christmas is such a blessed time. I pray that you will be blessed, encouraged, comforted and healed during this Holy Season.

With Much Love.....Barb, Jeff & Dottie

Hulamoon
December 1st, 2017, 09:21 PM
It's soooo beautiful! I saved a picture from when you posted it before to show my dd. She wanted to make snowflakes for a few people last year. She never made them and I finally got my machine back a couple of weeks ago..

I might put up my little tree this weekend. It's all toys and ornaments from craft fairs. I still love it though. :)

redcaboose1717
December 1st, 2017, 09:32 PM
Barb.....so pretty !
I am not going to put up a big tree this year. I have a couple of small trees....but the decision is still out if they are going to be put up.
Last year, I just set out my Navitity Scenes ( I have 4 ) and called that my decorations for the year.....

Hulamoon
December 1st, 2017, 09:43 PM
I bought a Poinsettia yesterday. So I'm in the holiday mood!

KarenC
December 1st, 2017, 09:43 PM
148124 Hopefully this works. This is my tree for this year. Went the very simplistic route.

Barb, love your tree with your special ornament for Olive.

Bubby
December 1st, 2017, 09:59 PM
148124 Hopefully this works. This is my tree for this year. Went the very simplistic route.

Barb, love your tree with your special ornament for Olive.

Your tree is beautiful, Karen.

CraftyJnet
December 1st, 2017, 10:24 PM
148131We put up our tree just after Thanksgiving. Here is a photo - my hubby did the ribbon:

MaryUK
December 1st, 2017, 10:35 PM
My Christmas decs won't be going up for a couple of weeks yet. We like to do a 'spring clean' beforehand and I won't have the time until then.
The trees look lovely!!

jjkaiser
December 1st, 2017, 10:36 PM
Your tree is lovely especially with all the pretty ornaments you made! My tree goes up on Friday, GDs ages 2 & 5, will help decorate. I foresee a glut of ornaments about 3 feet from the bottom!! But so much fun.

Cokie
December 1st, 2017, 10:37 PM
Your trees are beautiful! I helped decorate one at work this week. I hope ours will go up tomorrow. Still waiting to talk the guys into bringing it up from the basement! Barb, your angels are gorgeous!

mischiefkat
December 1st, 2017, 10:57 PM
My tree is still standing naked against the slider. Normally, I have it up by now but, I can't seem to get the lights wrapped around it evenly....too many on the bottom...too many on the top. Will try again tomorrow. The third time should be the charm
Barb your angels, snowflakes and of course Olive are beautiful. kathy

JCY
December 2nd, 2017, 02:03 AM
Barb ~ Love your tree & all the beautiful ornaments. Our tree isn't up yet. I'm waiting until I have the Anne of Green Gables Christmas table runner done. I'm just finishing the mini quilts, so the table runner is next. It's a small table tree which we keep decorated & covered up with a large plastic garbage bag to store. All I have to do is uncover it, plug in the lights, & it's good to go. With just the 2 of us & no planned visitors, it's really no use doing a lot of decorating.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
December 2nd, 2017, 12:01 PM
Here is a picture of our main tree. It has little irradescent white lights, so I decorate minimally with only crystal icicles and small clear glass ornaments, all above the reach of our GKs and cats. The keepsake decorations that I have had for previous trees get put up on the garland on our banister, which runs 27' over the dining area. This way, they are safe from GK. 148141148142148143[/ATTACH[ATTACH=CONFIG]148144. The small pine one tree was made by my dad. He used to make these and we would sell at craft shows and to friends. It is the one keepsake I treasure, now that he has been gone since 2000. My mom enjoys seeing it. Each of my children have one as well. I know as I get older, I have put up less decor, but this will be the last item I will keep.

Happy decorating, however you want. It's what feels good.

KPH
December 2nd, 2017, 05:21 PM

Card full, that's everything except the bar. Time put this card on the hard drive.

DH bought a Rudolph train set (OMG that thing is sooooo loud!) that is set up under the tree. My Christmas books have exploded out into another box! So there will be a lot of Christmas story reading going on around here.

Monique
December 2nd, 2017, 05:31 PM
I haven't got my tree up yet, SOON!! Yours are all beautiful.

Star lover
December 2nd, 2017, 06:01 PM
Ours is super simple compare s to y'alls. We have a small house and there will be 15 here on Christmas Eve. So not much room to really decorate. We use to put up a full size tree, but had to move some furniture out. Not now.

Love how pretty your homes are too. We're hoping to move south some day and I hate to buy nice stuff and then pay to move it. Figure it'd be better to chuck it all, or most of it, and buy new once we land wherever.... so our house isn't so pretty. The trees been up for several days, but I was kinda embarrassed to show our sad home.

Ya might not say so, but I know better.......

cv quilter
December 2nd, 2017, 07:43 PM
Anita, I LOVE< LOVE<LOVE your tree. I think the pics of your home show a beautiful tree!!! I just finished decorating our tree...it's bigger than we have had in years, BUT our home is small, doesn't have a lot of room for 14 of us when we get together but I fully understand the issue of not much room. We have squeezed this tree into the doorway for our spare bedroom. Will try to post a pic tomorrow. It's filled with old ornaments, family ornaments, homemade ornaments made by DHs Mom, and some wonderful homemade ornaments made by "friends" from another online forumMy eyes are bad and they are tired tonight. I believe that no matter the size of our home, or our tree, does NOT reflect our love of family and of the meaning of the season.

KPH
December 2nd, 2017, 08:04 PM
Anita, we moved to FL this year and donated a lot of furniture. Kept the pieces that meant something family wise just about everything else stayed in NC. When we got here, the Salvation Army and Hospice Thrift stores were our shopping places. Nothing matches, no sets of anything. All of the pieces we bought were solid wood and most were on sale, so it was a double bonus. We're just about finished with getting the house the way we want it. The next big job will be the kitchen.... it's going to be a total gut job, I think. The cabinet doors are pealing that sucked on laminate. There's not enough storage for anything, but we'll get to that one day.

Your tree is beautiful! lol, Mine... is covered with the foam scrapbook stickers. I figured the kids would like the pictures and there wouldn't be anything to break! I just poked the hook through the foam and sticker backing.

Have a wonderful Christmas.

LLLinda
December 2nd, 2017, 10:26 PM
My eyes went straight to the hand quilting you are doing in the hoop and the one on the back of the couch. Oh yes, your tree is pretty too.

MRoy
December 3rd, 2017, 10:27 AM
All your trees are very pretty. If I don't get in the spirit more than I am now, I won't be putting up a tree. DS can't be here for Christmas, so it will just be DH and me. This is a depressing time of year for me and I'm just struggling through to get to the new year. I did decorate the front door and the windows on the front of the house...more for curb appeal than anything else.

Star lover
December 4th, 2017, 08:03 AM
CV and Katrina........Well thank you all so very much. You're right, each ornament is special.....collected over 40 years, including the first ornament we purchased for our first tree. The popcorn is real....bought it somewhere years ago, it's coated with something and it sure looks real and had lasted!

Linda.......I'm hand quilting a Katie's quilt....I'm calling it Star Struck. I'm lovin doing it! The one on the back of the chair is a cheater lap quilt. 20 years ago, I was afraid to use the good ones, so I thought the cheaters would be great with all my boys and their ruff housing. I was wrong. They know to treasure them, and have always treated them well. So this one survives.

Myrna, I too struggle this time of year. I dread Christmas, every year. I have to work at what it's all really about, the birth of my Lord and Savior. It does make a difference, but for me, it takes a bit. I have memories that make it tough. But the Lord works mysteriously and Christmas will sing in my heart before it's all over. For me, Christmas is for life, not just 25 December. So the struggles I have aren't for Christmas itself.....those rotten memories!

I hope the true spirit of Christmas will shine through for you and you can still enjoy it. Love and hugs!

SallyO'Sews
December 5th, 2017, 01:00 AM
Beautiful tree, Barb - and so are the table runner & quilt!

We haven't bought our tree yet; will probably wait until DD gets home from college in a week or so.

EnumclawGramma
December 5th, 2017, 12:13 PM
Love love LOVE your tree Barb! Here's mine. Not the best picture but it's all I've got for now. This is the earliest I think I have ever put up my tree.

Merry Christmas everyone!

laura44
December 7th, 2017, 01:15 AM
Love everyone's trees! Here are my two, one traditional, one white with
vintage pink ornaments.148258148259

grammaterry
December 7th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Your trees are beautiful. Anita, don't apologize. Your tree sings out love. I've lived in the same little house for 36 years and when I go to visit my children and see their big stately homes, I come home a little down that there really isn't anything I can do to fix it. but then I realize that this little house is where they got their values and learned about decorating. Remember in the 80's when times were really lean, we made all of our decorations and as tacky as they were, they created memories.
My daughter and I were talking Monday about trees and the expense of fake trees. She was trying to justify buying a $500plus tree. I pointed out that what she had already done with decorations was good and the boys just weren't into much helping. They have everything. She made a beautiful advent calendar and then went to the $$ store and purchased cheap, crappy toys to put in it for them to unwrap. Certainly not anything they needed...and you know what...those gifts are getting more use than the drones they got last year. I really think if these gifts were wrapped under the tree from Santa they would bring just as much joy.
Its just not about the stuff!! Its about the joy of the season. I've gone into stores this year to buy things not for Christmas, like Grocerys and curtain rods and insulbright and as I leave, I make it a point to turn around and wish each person in the line a joyous and Merry Christmas. You should see the looks on their faces!!
Its not about the grandness of your tree or your house. Its about the love we have for God for giving us Jesus and the WORD. Rejoice, celebrate and if your tree brings you joy, embrace it.

amartin24
December 7th, 2017, 04:35 PM
I need a LIKE button Terry!

grammaterry
December 7th, 2017, 04:56 PM
"U have one. It is on the left under the brown bar at the bottom.

I need a LIKE button Terry!

Star lover
December 7th, 2017, 05:03 PM
"U have one. It is on the left under the brown bar at the bottom.

On my iPad the bar is red.....but below the reply....reply with quote and on the left. There's a yellow happy face with the words Thanks for this post. Just click it!

Bubby
December 7th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Your trees are beautiful. Anita, don't apologize. Your tree sings out love. I've lived in the same little house for 36 years and when I go to visit my children and see their big stately homes, I come home a little down that there really isn't anything I can do to fix it. but then I realize that this little house is where they got their values and learned about decorating. Remember in the 80's when times were really lean, we made all of our decorations and as tacky as they were, they created memories.
My daughter and I were talking Monday about trees and the expense of fake trees. She was trying to justify buying a $500plus tree. I pointed out that what she had already done with decorations was good and the boys just weren't into much helping. They have everything. She made a beautiful advent calendar and then went to the $$ store and purchased cheap, crappy toys to put in it for them to unwrap. Certainly not anything they needed...and you know what...those gifts are getting more use than the drones they got last year. I really think if these gifts were wrapped under the tree from Santa they would bring just as much joy.
Its just not about the stuff!! Its about the joy of the season. I've gone into stores this year to buy things not for Christmas, like Grocerys and curtain rods and insulbright and as I leave, I make it a point to turn around and wish each person in the line a joyous and Merry Christmas. You should see the looks on their faces!!
Its not about the grandness of your tree or your house. Its about the love we have for God for giving us Jesus and the WORD. Rejoice, celebrate and if your tree brings you joy, embrace it.

You are so correct. It's not what we have, what we do for a living, what kind of vehicle we drive or how nice our clothes are, it's about what is in our heart. We live small and love it. This picture hangs in our hallway and makes me smile every day....

grammaterry
December 7th, 2017, 07:43 PM
oh what a wonderful plaque. I love this.
You are so correct. It's not what we have, what we do for a living, what kind of vehicle we drive or how nice our clothes are, it's about what is in our heart. We live small and love it. This picture hangs in our hallway and makes me smile every day....