PDA

View Full Version : Friday? Really?

Monique
December 1st, 2017, 09:56 AM

Friday really? I had to double check because I didn't think it was Friday today. How did I miss that?

Well it is Friday whether I believe it or not. So yesterday I worked pretty much the whole day on the row that I posted on Show and Tell. I think it came out alright. The birds were a little finicky to place. Now to sew it all together. That is going to be a challenge for sure.

Now for tomorrow, I am going to a craft fair with my friend Lynda and we are going to meet up with my brother and his wife as well.

I have decided to get Maizyn a spirograph set for Christmas. She loves to color and draw and such and I think she will really enjoy this. So shopping on Sunday or Monday, groceries and gifts.

So that is what is happening at the Atkinson's. Have a great weekend friends.

Star lover
December 1st, 2017, 10:15 AM
Good morning Monique and all...

Well ya made me smile...and I have teeth! A really good thing.

I do love your row banner, it's so sew sweet! Cant wait to see it finished!

Not much here either. I put a border on a quilt, I'm still waiting on the backing....we'll now for 2 quilts. Haven't figured out my dilemma with a new quilt, but I'm sure it'll hit me.....eventually.

Really cold this am. Frost everywhere, but at least I see the sun!

Got a bunch of errands to run later, so probably not much time in my sewing room....who knows?

Hope y'all have a fantastic weekend. Love and hugs all around!

KPH
December 1st, 2017, 10:15 AM
Good Morning,

Yep, Monique, it's Friday. The alarm clock on the bedside table confirms it. I'm crossing my fingers that DH doesn't come up with anymore decorating ideas for this year. We put a garland under the 'bar' that runs in front of the sink (on the living room side) thank goodness Michael's had garland's on sale 60% off yesterday. We added a few red and white floral picks. It looks really nice. Now he's trying to figure out how to hang the stockings, just 3. lol, bless his heart.

This afternoon, Jan Brett- children's author and illustrator, is going to be at Neptune Beach bookstore. I want to go, we'll see. I have several of her Christmas books in my book treasure box. I would love to take J, but I think he has plans with his other grandparents from what was said Wednesday,

This morning, I'm heading back to my sewing room. It's time to get out the second mt. view.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Prayers for those in need.

grammaterry
December 1st, 2017, 10:32 AM
Not only Friday but December! Who would believe it.
Yesterday, after I got off the forum, DH texted me and had me meet him in town for lunch. Who would pass up a date for lunch . So , as long as I was already in town, I ran a few errands. Went to Aldi's and got eggs and cookies and then into Asheville (downtown no less....whew, traffic) and got DH some shoes from a gift certificate from last year. Then, I had a 60% off coupon from Joanns (I swore I would never go in that store again) but I got 2 1/2 yds of insulbright. Thought some potholders would be fun to give as gifts.
So, today, I must go to the sewing room and work on that FMQ. Sunday I am heading to Clemmons to trade in my sewing machine on the one time only trade in before a year and get credit for what I paid for the machine. I hope this is a good deal. It will cost me $550 to trade up

MissMay
December 1st, 2017, 11:34 AM
Yes grammaterry, not only Friday but Dec. also - where did the year go to? Never mind this year but the YEARS as today Dec. 1 DS#! is 62! He was over last night for dinner and looking good. I'll see if I have a recent photo of him on the computer and post it. Can't seem to find one but here's our youngest DGD, Josi who was 21 last week. That's her brother Ben with her, looks as if he needs a haircut. Found one, kids don't mind sharing the space with their Uncle Bob. He's holding one of his grandson on the beach in CA, sorry couldn't show our little great grandson but his parents requested no photos on line.

148096 148099

Errands today, mainly to purchase an evergreen grave blanket for Sunday's visit to the cemetery and a run through the Dollar Store, you never know what you'll find in there..

JCY
December 1st, 2017, 11:39 AM
Good Morning ~ I had to wait till DH's breakfast was over & the salads for the next 2 days were made before I could take time to chat. We've got partly cloudy skies, 30 deg. & light frost. The rest of the week & wk.-end are supposed to be nice, then a down turn on Mon. & Tues. with a chance of snow.

I finally did get that housework done yest. Vac'd upstairs (main floor), cleaned the main bathroom. I have to vac. the LR when DH is busy elsewhere (usually eating lunch or a snack). Otherwise he's parked in his favorite chair reading. I didn't get any sewing done till after DH went to bed. I sewed on the bindings on 2 mini quilts, got the edges turned & pinned. They're ready to sew.

DS#1 in MD -- his wife hit a deer last week with their Mazda SUV -- got an estimate on the front grill damage: $1,600., assuming they don't find other damage when they tear things apart. They'll have to pay a $250. deductible & the cost of renting a car. Work can't be done before the 16th. I hate to think of the damage if she'd been out on the hwy. driving at full speed. She was still in their subdivision, probably not driving >30mph.

Tonight (7-9 p.m.) is our church's annual Christmas event for the ladies. Sometimes it's an afternoon tea. This year it's in the evening. There will be a special speaker. We're supposed to dress up in our nice clothes. DH already is anxious about being left alone. He'll already be in bed, so I don't see why it matters. I plan to go anyway. I've already bought my ticket. I need to get out for that social time.

I'll work on the mini quilts as time permits. I hope everyone has a good week end.

Bubby
December 1st, 2017, 12:01 PM
Good Morning...

I'm taking advantage of Jeff working a double shift today to sew all day, or at least most of it.

It feels like real winter today. Dottie is snoozing and she will be waking up any minute to go outside and then it's her breakfast time. She slept all night again, so I got a good sleep, too. What a difference that makes.

I will check in later....my emb machine needs some attention.

Great day everyone, Barb

LLLinda
December 1st, 2017, 04:16 PM
Hello everyone. Today I've done some laundry and am making bread. Soon time to iron the few pieces that need it. DH has a CAT scan at 5:00 p m today so supper will be something quick or order out. I will be in the sewing room after that until Blue Bloods comes on. While watching that I will hopefully finish my knitted hot water bottle cover. Gotta love that Tom Select. He's still got it.
I don't know why there is an emoji on the five o'clock. I tried to remove it but no go.

Star lover
December 1st, 2017, 04:18 PM
Hello everyone. Today I've done some laundry and am making bread. Soon time to iron the few pieces that need it. DH has a CAT scan at 5:00 p m today so supper will be something quick or order out. I will be in the sewing room after that until Blue Bloods comes on. While watching that I will hopefully finish my knitted hot water bottle cover. Gotta love that Tom Select. He's still got it.

Yup, you're right. He's still got IT! I remember him on Magum PI! My father looked a lot like him, only different color hair....but, the smile!

MaryUK
December 1st, 2017, 10:53 PM
I've had a lovely day in my sewing room. I'm in the process of making a table runner, placemats and matching mug rugs. I've completely finished 3of 8 placemats and quilted and squared up the others, just the binding to do. I have completed 1 of the mug rugs and have sewn the others together, just to press and do a bit of top stitching. I am so pleased, I rarely make anything for myself.

The mug rugs have a story behind the making of them. I watched a YouTube tutorial on using 5" squares in which you sew 3 in a row and a further 3 in a row, cut in half (1 @ 5" & 1 @ 2.5" less seams) and use half of each row for the front and back to mix up the fabrics. I wanted to make 6 rugs so I sewed 2 rows for each!! I ended up with enough for 12 rugs!!! That's what you get for looking at a tutorial late at night and jumping straight in the next day without giving it enough thought!!!

Hope you've all had a good day. Best wishes and hugs for those in need x

Navy Wife
December 1st, 2017, 11:33 PM
Today was a lovely day. It was cloudy this morning, but sun came out later. I went to PT for the last time! I have graduated! Three months ago, I thought I would never be without pain. I was wrong! I can walk without cane and without pain. The future looks bright. I can even sit at the sewing machine without pain, and that is the best news. I have been sewing together a quilt that I started in 2008. I'm surprised the fabric doesn't fall apart!

KPH
December 1st, 2017, 11:53 PM
Today was a lovely day. It was cloudy this morning, but sun came out later. I went to PT for the last time! I have graduated! Three months ago, I thought I would never be without pain. I was wrong! I can walk without cane and without pain. The future looks bright. I can even sit at the sewing machine without pain, and that is the best news. I have been sewing together a quilt that I started in 2008. I'm surprised the fabric doesn't fall apart!

Yea! I know you're thrilled to be pain free at last.