PDA

View Full Version : Sunday morning

Ginny B
November 26th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Good morning all. It's a sunny, mild morning here. That's a good thing too because we need to finish putting the decorations up outside. We got the lights on the house yesterday and today we will do the bushes and light up Mr. & Mrs. Clause. Then it's on to the inside. We will not get our tree until we return from our trip to California.

We also made a quick trip to the mall yesterday and got some ornaments for some friend/neighbors gifts and also our Christmas cards and wrapping paper.

I did get some time in my sewing room too. It was a very busy day. It was also a sad day. My son and dil's cat left us. It seems our Pooka had a stroke. :( He was such a good cat with a great personality. And he was wonderful with Zeke. Some tears shed yesterday. He will be missed

Time to get this day moving along. I hope everyone has a good day today.

grammaterry
November 26th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Ginny, SORRY ABOUT YOUR CAT. whoops, caps were on! Great admiration for your decorating. I just can't get in the mood to do it anymore. I will of course, go cut a tree sometime in the next few weeks but, we do not entertain so its just me and DH and he just doesn't seem to care and I hate the work of deconstructing the decorating.

KPH
November 26th, 2017, 11:19 AM
Good Morning Ginny and all the rest to follow.

It looks beautiful outside, we'll be heading out soon. Christmas Made in the South is on it's last day here in Jacksonville. DS#2 is headed out to work, so DH and I are heading downtown. I always loved visiting the show in Concord, NC, so I'm excited that they have it here. I couldn't believe it was Thanksgiving weekend though. We debated on going to the first day (Black Friday), it kind of scared me to be out and about, so we stayed home and worked on our tree instead. Today's the last day, so I think I have my nerve up to get out into the crowds, maybe.

My attic window is just a little bit big for where I want to hang it. I'm afraid the FL sun will fade the black out rather quickly, so it's sitting on my desk. I walk by it and ponder. I may finish it and give it to Sherry's friend that spent a lot of time at the mt. house. He stayed with Sherry when she was so sick. He's been teasing his wife about getting a mt. house like Sherry's. That may be the best fit. I bought two panels, I can make the next one smaller.

Last night I started pulling stuff together for J's home school. Christmas vocabulary, a Jesse tree, with ornaments and devotions, and some writing things. I think he's starting to like 'working' at school more, since he pushed his mom out the door so he could get to work. I can already see his attention span increasing.

Purple finches have found my bird feeder. We had a wood pecker at the seed brick earlier in the week. My sheers are hindering my view! I love to sit and watch them! So far, no squirrels. Back in NC we had to get hot bird food to keep the squirrels at bay. It didn't last long though, by the end of the winter I think those squirrels would eat straight hot sauce!

Time to get started. I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Prayers for those in need, for those suffering from losses. May God's arms surround us all with love and peace.

NanaMaggie
November 26th, 2017, 02:23 PM
Good morning y'all,

I put the sewing machine on hold so that i could use the computer - they share the same table. have been sewing for days and loving every minute. now to the ugly part - hand stitching the binding... grrrr Maybe i will sit in the sunshine and enjoy the warmth, should make it better.

So sorry Pooka is no longer with you. If i could hug the hurt away i would hug you forever!

For those still not feeling well - Please take good care of YOU!

LLLinda
November 26th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Hello everyone. I forgot to mention that Friday DH and I went to Angela Walters shop and she was there. I got a big old hug, twice. She is as nice and down to earth in person as she seems on her videos. Wish I would have stayed longer but with DH along and him not feeling well it didn't happen. You know, I suggested he stay home but he didn't. I got some much needed housework done yesterday and will do more today along with going to get some local honey. Oh yes, I got in on some of the Craftsy black friday sales last night too.

Bubby
November 26th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Hi Everyone....Lots of decorating going on here. The house looks like it exploded. I'm keeping it simple this year...real simple.

Dottie is having a rough day. I think she's afraid we're moving. I gave her a spiral of whipped cream on a saucer....that made her smile and curl up for a nap.

I have to get going and help Jeff stain the fence/gate he's building.

Wishing all a wonderful day.....with hugs.

toggpine
November 26th, 2017, 02:45 PM
Ginny, sorry to hear about the cat. It's always tough to loose a pet.

We butchered the three older tom turkeys and the four spring roosters yesterday. That took most of the day. This is our second year, and trying to remember exactly how to break those turkey carcasses down was a bit of a challenge. There are ways to make it easier, and those were bits that were a tad elusive in my brain. By the second bird, I was back with it. These boys weren't as big as last year's as they were a different breed and smaller framed. They will still be tasty!
I managed to get a bit more fussy cutting done before I tagged out for the night. Hopefully I can get that done today and get back to sewing. I have one more thing to finish for my Secret Santa box and hopefully it's last parts will arrive on Monday according to the tracking info. Which will be good, as it needs to be in the mail on Friday!
Well, my coffee cup is empty and I have plenty of stuff to do, so I'll bid you all a good day and check in later!
Hugs for my Quilty friends! Cathy

CraftyJnet
November 26th, 2017, 02:47 PM
It is raining like mad! We need to finish decorating the tree today so we can get the boxes out of the living room and put away. Other than that, I don't know what is on the agenda. DH is online fixing a trial site problem (he works for a BIG law firm as their network administrator) and DD and her BF are puttering around. Oh no! DH just came out and is going to put on some music (I dislike his choices greatly!!!) Oh well.

JCY
November 26th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Good afternoon ~ Just now getting here. Church this a.m. Had a snack, then got started on my Bible study lesson. I got so sleepy, I had to get up & move around.

I picked up my new glasses yest. These new frames are titanium, made in Germany, so they should last. My last titanium frames still are good. I wore them 7 yrs. I made a stop at the LQS (small business Sat.). Believe it or not, I did not buy a thing. Fabric was 15% off, but I didn't see anything that just jumped out at me. I really, really need to be using from my stash. The next stop was Simply Bulk for raw honey. You use your own jars & fill them yourself. The honey was coming out in just a trickle. It took forever to fill 2 - 5 lb. jars.! Then a stop at Whole Foods, where I buy my Wellshire turkey bacon.

Yest. afternoon I made good progress on my mini Christmas quilts. The 4 tops are finished. I just need to sandwich them, then let the FMQ begin!

We're having a balmy day. It's 70 deg., but probably will get 2-3 deg. warmer before the day is over. One more 70's tomorrow.

With just the 2 of us, I don't decorate either. However, we "put up" a small table tree. It stays decorated all year; I just cover it with a 33 gal. black plastic bag & store it. I'll wait to set it out until I have my new Anne of Green Gables Christmas table runner finished.

They're starting to play Christmas music on the radio. I guess 'tis the season. I'm headed to the sewing room.

MHG Winnower
November 26th, 2017, 05:51 PM
Ginny, SORRY ABOUT YOUR CAT. whoops, caps were on! Great admiration for your decorating. I just can't get in the mood to do it anymore. I will of course, go cut a tree sometime in the next few weeks but, we do not entertain so its just me and DH and he just doesn't seem to care and I hate the work of deconstructing the decorating.

I hear you about the decorating. I've all but given it up. The spirit is there but no cleanup or deconstructing after the holidays. Another chore not needing to be done; I'd rather be sewing! Happy Holiday Season!

jjkaiser
November 26th, 2017, 06:56 PM
Sorry about your cat Ginny. We get so attached to our animals. When my dog died I swear I heard the jingle of his tags against his collar for about a week after, it was kind of spooky. Just taking a break from hand quilting a quilt I am making my daughter fur Christmas. I have 1/4 left to quilt and then the binding. It seems I am working on that every spare moment. I already have my next two quilts planned out in my head but will not allow myself to start pulling fabric out! We had a great Thanksgiving and still lots of leftovers in the fridge. Our tree is not up yet bc we still get a real one and it is too early for that. I have been dropping hints for a frw years to dh let's get an artificial one and he always says maybe next year. The thing is he likes gigantic trees and I like small Charlie Brown ones so it would be hard to agree on one I think.

Right now our house is a terrible mess!! It looks like we are moving. We have spent the last 4-5 days cleaning out our closets and the attic and brought all these boxes downstairs so our 3 girls, who were here for TG, could see if they wanted to take anything. Plus take THEIR stuff we have been "storing" for them for 5+ years. I didn't care about much we had saved but one of our dd took all the Fisher Price Little People (and house, train, school, etc) toys for our 2 GD. I think I had a container with at least 100 or more Little People-- the small ones that they stopped making when they switched to the chubby ones. Oh if my Brother (the hoarder) only knew I had that stuff all these years!! I was glad they went to a good home! Everything they didn't want is going to charity and truck is picking it up on Wednesday. We had so much stuff that was not used in years. (My oldest daughter wanted to know why we were getting rid of so much. I was thinking in my head "Because someday we will die and we are actually doing you a favor!" ) I am always a little paranoid about having too much stuff around because of my brother's issues. It feels SO good to get rid of things. So once that is done we will be able to locate our Christmas decorations in our nearly empty attic!

redcaboose1717
November 26th, 2017, 07:22 PM
Sounds like you were busy with Christmas Decor!

So sorry to hear about Pooka the cat, Ginny.

Cokie
November 26th, 2017, 10:12 PM
So sorry to hear about your furbaby. Sending a hug - our furbabies are such a part of our families! Thinking also of Judy these past few days and praying for comfort.

I can't believe my much-awaited four-day weekend is over!! Thursday went so fast, Friday I had a migraine, yesterday I ran errands all afternoon, and today I've been finishing up a few "have to"s before I go back to work tomorrow. I think I have finished all of my shopping, still waiting on 3 gifts to come in the mail but one has been shipped. All the gifts are wrapped and ready to go under the tree, as soon as I can get the guys to bring it upstairs. Still need to make a couple kinds of snack mix, peanut clusters for my Dad, and home-made granola. I have all of the ingredients purchased for these - just need to schedule it into the next week or so. Oh, and I have a few more rows to finish on an afghan for my DS and DIL. That is the only gift, other than food gifts, that I am making this year. With everything going on in my life right now, I don't want stress to crowd out the Christmas season and the joy that goes along with it. Need to throw in a load of laundry before bed and it's back to the old grind tomorrow...but thankful that I have a job to go to! Hope everyone enjoyed a great weekend and has a good week. Praying blessings for all...