PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Morning

JCY
November 25th, 2017, 10:03 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ I enjoyed Thanksgiving Day leftovers yest. I have enough left for one more meal. It was nice they had carry-out containers for people to take home food from the potluck.

After the bread was baked yest., I spent much of the afternoon with some productive sewing. I'm making a few mini quilts (16" sq.) for Christmas gifts. I need to finish 1 block, then I'll be ready to start sandwiching & basting them. The quilting should go fairly quickly.

My new glasses are in, so I plan to pick them up this a.m. I hope everyone has a good rest of their holiday week end.

Monique
November 25th, 2017, 10:27 AM
Good morning. Slept in this morning. I managed to get in to see a Dr. yesterday. My lungs are clear which I am so happy about. Just another puffer to take and some cough syrup. Not sure what today will bring. Hubby says this morning "What do you want to do today?" which means HE wants to do something. We shall see.

There is a community Christmas dinner tonight that I plan on attending with or without him.

Have a great day friends.

Bubby
November 25th, 2017, 10:30 AM
Hi Everyone,

I've been up way too long this morning. I got a little sewing done and Dottie kept me company. At some point today I need to straighten the sewing room.

We are not going to the apartments today...yay! One of our most problematic tenants moved out yesterday to relocate out of state. She will be some other landlord's problem and I feel for that person. She had been with us for five years. I gave her two months notice to be out and she made those two months the worst two of her tenancy.

We are supposed to have a nice warm day so we are planning to put the lights on the tree. Jeff loves to decorate the tree so I leave it pretty much to him.

I went to the $2.99 sale at our local fabric store and managed to buy a large bag of fabric along with Best Press and some lovely ribbons.

It's time for me to get dressed and get moving. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Claire Hallman
November 25th, 2017, 10:55 AM
Good Saturday morning to you all. I love the smell of bread baking, haven't smelled it in a very long time though. I used to smell it from a local bakery driving home from work but I have been retired 18 years.;)
I did not go out yesterday, I stayed home and ironed fabric then cut out a quilt. I need to do some more F
MQ on a bordered periwinkle, I have almost all the round sections done with smallish hooked swirls but don't know what I will do in the diamond shaped areas, maybe some echoing of the shape, maybe some continuous curves.:icon_hi: Trying to figure it out has kept me awake recently.
Today we have the Iron Bowl [Alabama/Auburn rivalry college football game] and we are scheduled to keep our grands while their parents go to dinner with friends. That should be fun.

mischiefkat
November 25th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Good Morning All,
We have a funeral this am for one of our retired priests. I don't know what else the day will bring after that.
I'm sure I can get DH to put up the outside decorations. I just have a couple of wreaths that we put on the carport pillars. We used to have little white lights all along the edge of the roof... very pretty. The thought of DH on a ladder is enough to give me a heart attack.
Did get the sewing room picked up ...have 3 patterns to put back together then on to make the next mess
We will finish the turkey leftovers for supper too.
Have yardage coming from M* by way of Smart post. Package is in Jacksonville right now. We'll see how
long it takes to come the last 250 miles.
Monique hope the meds help with your cold. Bubby hope your tenant didn't leave you a big mess to clean up. JCY hope your new glasses fit to your liking. Everybody else have a great weekend. Kathy

grammaterry
November 25th, 2017, 11:19 AM
finished the window covers yesterday and got the rods hung and the covers up. I think I may make one for the small window in the living area. They are pretty.
Dh went hunting yesterday. The weather is so beautiful in he woods. Today is suppose to be another nice day.
DH said he really missed having left over turkey for a sandwich. JCY should have packed him up a go box! lol
I have no real plans today. Yesterday I ordered one of those air fryers for DS for Christmas and I ordered an ancestry.com membership for DD#1 and will fold it into a quilt I made her. We drew names this year with a price point around $75-90. DD asked for the ancestry thing and I found it black Friday special for $49 so I will give her the quilt I made for her as well She is my only non-sewing daughter. Kohls had the air fryer as a black Friday thing for $85. Amazon had the same one for $149. Go figure. It was the only one with good reviews.

KPH
November 25th, 2017, 11:25 AM
Good Morning All,

It's quiet here, for the moment. Family Fun Day at DS#1's house yesterday was nice. They had dinner late in hopes that DIL's dad would be able to get off work and show up (manages a restaurant) and DS#2 would be off work. Both were supposed to be off at 5, so dinner was shortly after 6. DS#2 made it, 'dad' did not, I think MIL was more upset than the rest. Anyway, the food was delicious, the fellowship was grand. Their tree is decorated and stuff for advent is ready.

We'll have the kiddos today, so son can mow the yard. E is already to come and work, so I better get something ready for her to work on. Z has a horrible case of diaper rash. Won't we have some fun.

Cleaning up my sewing room is on the agenda for me too. I made the attic window on Thursday. If I hang it where I want it, I won't be able to put any borders on it. So, it's sitting on my sewing desk where I can ponder what I want to do with it. I do love the way it turned out.

Prayers for those in need, health issues, losses, etc. Peace and God's comforting arms surrounding us all.

KPH
November 25th, 2017, 11:28 AM
finished the window covers yesterday and got the rods hung and the covers up. I think I may make one for the small window in the living area. They are pretty.
Dh went hunting yesterday. The weather is so beautiful in he woods. Today is suppose to be another nice day.
DH said he really missed having left over turkey for a sandwich. JCY should have packed him up a go box! lol
I have no real plans today. Yesterday I ordered one of those air fryers for DS for Christmas and I ordered an ancestry.com membership for DD#1 and will fold it into a quilt I made her. We drew names this year with a price point around $75-90. DD asked for the ancestry thing and I found it black Friday special for $49 so I will give her the quilt I made for her as well She is my only non-sewing daughter. Kohls had the air fryer as a black Friday thing for $85. Amazon had the same one for $149. Go figure. It was the only one with good reviews.

We LOVE our air fryer. In fact, I bought one for DH one year for Christmas and we'd talked about getting a second. DH's mom got him one the next Christmas. We use both of them all the time.

LLLinda
November 25th, 2017, 11:50 AM
Good morning ladies. I got the word yesterday that I will be a great, great aunt in July. I have some baby quilt patterns that I have really been wanting to make up and now is my chance. I may actually make all three or four and have them ready. But first I need to finish my Lion King quilt for another great niece. In only a few minutes I got behind.

Georgie Girl
November 25th, 2017, 11:51 AM
We LOVE our air fryer. In fact, I bought one for DH one year for Christmas and we'd talked about getting a second. DH's mom got him one the next Christmas. We use both of them all the time.

What brand did you get and would you get the same or a different one

Cokie
November 25th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Good morning all! DH is sleeping in today and for the moment I'm enjoying some much needed peace and quiet. I had a migraine yesterday so I have lots I want to do today - just trying to decide where to start. It's a beautiful sunny day, supposed to be about 50 degrees so I may do a little clean-up in the yard. DS is coming over at some point to bring the Christmas tree up from the basement and help decorate it, so I'm waiting on him to call so we can make plans around his schedule. I only did some online shopping, and some of that was for the house. It's a good time to buy things like sheets and towels at good sale prices. Some of the things I ordered on Wednesday from JCPenney and Kohl's arrived yesterday - I was shocked! Off to get another cup of coffee and enjoy my quiet time before DH gets up. Blessings to all this Saturday morning!

songbird857
November 25th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Morning all :)
Popping in here finally! After all the hubbub of the wedding, I've been trying to get my house in order. It's in pretty good shape at the moment, except for my sewing room, which is where all of the extra decor from the wedding ended up ;)
We had some friends over for Thanksgiving, as well as my daughter and her new hubby (I was so excited that they decided to come here!!!). It was quite wonderful! Then yesterday, friends from the Ukraine had us over for their turkey dinner, so basically, Thanksgiving two days in a row... my body doth protest.
Monday should feel a bit more like a normal schedule, and I'm hoping to get back to the gym. Honestly, I have found I don't multi-task certain things well, and fitting the gym in while preparing for a wedding is one of them, so I haven't been to the gym in 2 months.
There are so many sewing things I want to tackle, so we'll see if I can get in there this week to reorganize and make space. I'm going to bring all of the extra decor stuff to church, so we can use them for any functions/fellowships, etc. I also want to try to get back here on the forum a bit more... and I still need to plan a coffee date with Sally O Sews (I have not forgotten you ;))!
Heading out now - have a great day/weekend all!

TMP
November 25th, 2017, 12:27 PM
I slept late this morning . Sandy woke me wanting fed and let out. My GD is here she is sick with a head cold and lots of coughing and sneezing . Yes, when your at Grandmommy's you have to sleep with her. Hope I don't catch it. Grand children are the best. They live maybe at the most 5 miles from me but spend most holidays and summers with me. Its not so hard now that they are 10 and 5 and I really would have it no other way. I am ready for that second cup of coffee. Not much happening here today , we are just going to lay around and be fat and lazy. Have a great Saturday everyone :)

KPH
November 25th, 2017, 01:15 PM
What brand did you get and would you get the same or a different one

The first was a Farberware- It's smaller, holds enough french fries for the three of us. I bought it at Walmart. Absolutely loved it so much we were going to get a second one.

MIL bought Airpower XL- it might be a Philips, but she bought it at Sam's last year. On the UL label on the bottom it says Tristar. It is larger and has more bells and whistles. It had a divider, cake pan, etc. It's nice to have the larger basket for bigger batches of things when the kids come.

One thing we love to do is take flour tortillas and cut them into pieces, spritz with a little oil, salt and toast them up. It makes the house smell so good and they're great with fresh salsa!

DH is looking at the Air fryer oven now. I don't know where we would put it, but that sounds interesting!

pcbatiks
November 25th, 2017, 01:38 PM
Good morning friends. We had a nice Thanksgiving. I made 2 pots of soup & a cheese ball. We ate those with crispy bread & crackers. My mom made a lemon & a pecan pie for dessert....yummy.

We ventured out yesterday afternoon about 3:30 to the UPS store. We needed to return our Ipad back to Apple for a replacement. It stopped working properly after only a few months. While we were out we decided to go in the mall & get a gift or two. Wow...were we surprised. Usually by the afternoon the crowd & traffic isn't near as bad. But the parking lots were full & Penney's looked like something had exploded in their store.........clothes all over the floor & spilling off tables. On some tables you could not figure out what was suppose to be on it because they were such a mess. I don't understand why customers make such mess when they shop. I remember those days working in retail.......you just finished straightening a table and customer would destroy it before you had time to walk away. I felt bad for the employees in Penney's.

We bought one gift at Kohl's and decided to come home.

Today I need to sew, sew, sew.

toggpine
November 25th, 2017, 02:34 PM
We didn't go out yesterday, but did I did some shopping online. I spent most of the day sewing. I have 4 pair of slippers finished and most of the next project cut. It's requiring some fussy cutting, and that always takes more time. Nearly done with that, then I can get the stitching started.
Sewing may be put on hold for a bit today. Eric has decided that today is the day the rest of the tom turkeys and the roosters must begin freezer camp. Not our favorite day, but it has to be done.
Then I may make the run into town to pick up the 5 gallons of ceiling paint and possibly the 5 of wall color. Emily and I will paint the inside of the house over the next few weeks. Eric hates painting, but we haven't done it in over 10 years and it needs it. The ceilings were never painted, and they are still the odd yellowish white the whole house was sprayed with. The first owner had some odd ideas about color and we had some messes to deal with on several of the walls, but most of the house was still that wierd dirty white color.
I hope everyone has a productive day, no matter what they choose to some!
Hugs, Cathy

redcaboose1717
November 25th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone!
I was up late last night talking to relatives that live on the west coast....it was so nice to talk to some of the relatives that I haven't talked to since I was hospitalized last year. I got to talk to cousins I haven't spoken to in years.....so it was awesome. My dad was one of 7 siblings, I have 27 cousins and numerous other family members. My dad used to smile and laugh when we had Thanksgiving and everyone showed up at my house .....when everyone finally arrived and we were getting ready to eat, my daddy would always say to my mom "Honey, did you think in 1946 when we married we would be responsible for all this ?"....My mom would blush and smile at him as was her custom.
( I have the biggest house and of course the big draw here was the indoor jacuzzi /hot tub. My basement is completely finished, so the house could accommodate at least 25 members comfortably.)
After my DH Terry passed, things changed a lot....and now our kids live in different states (except my DD who lives in the next subdivision next to mine) I do miss all the holidays as they once were, but things change and that can't be helped I guess.
I am going to go to the store today....not really something I want to do, but I have to replace some things I buy each week. I am out of milk, butter etc...things like that. I also need to remember to get some Cool Whip so I can make the Pink Cloud Dessert I normally make, and found out Thursday I didn't have any. While the stores ( Meijer & Walmart) are normally open on T-day...I just really stay away...( although Meijer usually has 1/2 off on their photo frames ( all of them) and for years I used to go and buy a few more for gifts etc....not this year though !
Well, I should go. I need to get busy. Have a good week-end everyone !

Carolnnc
November 25th, 2017, 03:21 PM
Good afternoon:) DH and I have been together for 33 years today! I am using that as bribery to get help putting up the outdoor Christmas decorations.

Yesterday my sister asked if I would have her, my mom and my brother over on Christmas day. I looked at the partially painted living room, the not yet painted kitchen with blue tape on the baseboards, sighed and said yes. Being the responsible oldest child isn't always fun. Like the song in Madagascar I "gotta move it, move it, move it!

Doesn't look like I'll see the quilt cave until the New Year:(

Hope everyone's day is going well.