PDA

View Full Version : It's Thursday and THANKSGIVING too

Monique
November 23rd, 2017, 08:55 AM

Good morning friends. A busy day for most of you. Happy Thanksgiving to you all. May your day be festive and blessed.

I finished up the paper piecing blocks yesterday and also the elephant. They can be seen in Show and Tell.

Not sure what today will bring.

I want to thank each and every one of you for being here and blessing my life with your friendship.

Have a great day friends.

Star lover
November 23rd, 2017, 09:10 AM
Good morning to all.....

Hoping you and all you're with have a blessed Thanksgiving.

There is so much to be thankful for and I'm thankful for all of you......you are all truly a blessing and a joy to me.

Have a fantastic time today and the rest of the week! Love and hugs.....

Iris Girl
November 23rd, 2017, 09:41 AM

Hope everyone has a healthy, happy and safe day. I am thankful for all the friends I have here and this forum.

JCY
November 23rd, 2017, 09:58 AM
Good Morning ~ I, too, am thankful for this Forum & my cyber friends & all that M* provides. This will be a low-key day. I only have to mix together my salad to take to the potluck at church at 1 p.m. DH hasn't been able to attend the past few yrs. There's nothing there he can eat. He's so allergic to MSG. One just never knows the ingredients in people's foods. He will eat his usual foods at the reg. time. Plus he's too weak to go anywhere except to an occas. dr. appt. But I'm thankful he's still with me & able to get around. This morning he said, "I'm thankful for Jesus' salvation and for Joy, the hands of Jesus".

We may have record breaking temps. today. It was 74 yest. & is supposed to be even warmer today. I opened the front screen door for a while yest. to air out the house.

I hope everyone has a good day, good food, & enjoyable family time.

Anitamae56
November 23rd, 2017, 10:06 AM
I read this forum everyday, I don't always write anything. But I do feel like I know each of you . I want to tell all of you , I am very thankful for all of you!

Mimi_Howard
November 23rd, 2017, 10:08 AM
Happy Thanksgiving and I too am so thankful for this forum and feel blessed by the love and support that I have received.

Ginny B
November 23rd, 2017, 10:10 AM
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving. Turkey's in the oven and the household is beginning to awaken. My two sons and granddog arrived yesterday as well as my sis. My bil will be here later as well as a couple of cousins. It will be a nice day I am sure.

I am thankful for so many things today.... family, friends, my health and that of my family and, of course, everyone here. It is such a wonderful place to come and visit with such special people. May you all have a blessed day.

Bubby
November 23rd, 2017, 10:19 AM

When I count my blessings, I count all of my forum friends twice. Wishing everyone a blessed Thanksgiving!

grammaterry
November 23rd, 2017, 10:32 AM
Oh for sure, I'm thank ful for all of you. My day would be so empty without you. Kids should all start arriving in 3 hours. My first year not to be up at the dark of dawn to put the turkey in the oven. The kids are all joking that they have to eat prime rib but let me tell you, theres something wrong not having turkey but it sure is going to be easier.

MaryUK
November 23rd, 2017, 10:39 AM
Whilst we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in England, I felt after all the family problems of the last few years it is a good time to reflect on the positives.

I am thankful for having Jesus in my life, the fact that the Lord provided me the means to retire early, my family and friends, my friends on the forum, my health and my friends/church family.

I hope you all have a blessed day however you chose to celebrate xx

KPH
November 23rd, 2017, 10:45 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my forum friends. It's wonderful to have such a learned and creative bunch of friends, even though we're all miles away... cyber hugs for all.

It's going to be quiet around here. Grandkids will be with their mom's parents today. They were all here for Family night dinner last night. DIL will be in the ER today. Here's hoping it will be a quiet day for her. One things for sure, if people were planning to fry their turkey today, they won't be doing it here. It's pouring!

DS#2 goes in to work at 5 and gets off at midnight. He has to be back at 7am on Friday. I asked him yesterday if he wanted to just take a sleeping bag and stay overnight. He laughed and said, 'I don't sleep as well on concrete as I used to.' lol, I told him he must be getting old. I remember the days when I wondered why we even bought both boys beds.

I do hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends.

TMP
November 23rd, 2017, 11:11 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all! My main computer has been in the shop and I could not remember my forum password to use on this laptop! grr I have missed all of you .

This past year has been one of the hardest times of my entire life. I am so thankful for each and everyone of you and the support that you all have shown me. Your cards and letters have meant a lot to me. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving .

Love to all my quilting buddies!
Teresa

We were in Walmart last night of all places and GS spies Paw Patrol fabric. He said Grandmommy please please make me a Paw Patrol quilt. So we bought 3 yards of this fabric. Bless his heart after the man cut it he ask if he could carry it. Guess I am going to be making a Paw Patrol quilt next.

Carlie Wolf
November 23rd, 2017, 11:57 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Buddy I love that picture :-)

pcbatiks
November 23rd, 2017, 12:04 PM
Happy Thanksgiving forum friends. I am always thankful for this forum and all the friendly forum members that spend time here.

Joy your DH's expression of thanks made me smile. I hope the two of you have a wonderful day together.

Terry, we are going super simple this year. I made a double batch of soup last might for our meal today along with a smaller pot of soup with no meat for our son. On my side of the family we would rather have something besides the big turkey dinner. I will mix up a cheese ball to go with the soup and we will be ready to eat.

Katrina.......that is a good way to know when you are no longer a kid.....when you can't sleep on a hard floor anymore. :D

Teresa, I can see why you are making a Paw Patrol quilt next. How can you resist a sweet face & request like that. :)

I am thankful for my family, our health, and my friends. Also thankful that quilting is my hobby.

Debbie Watters
November 23rd, 2017, 12:30 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to my forum friends! I have lurked around here for time and I must say thank you for all the good information and sharing that you have provided. I am grateful that I am able to enjoy reading, seeing and absorbing the beautiful quilts made by talented quilters! Thanks for being so generous with your sharing of everything ...

CraftyJnet
November 23rd, 2017, 12:35 PM
I am so thankful for all of you. Happy Thanksgiving!

Carolnnc
November 23rd, 2017, 01:30 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my forum friends who I dearly love!

DH is at work until 4:00 so I'm watching the parade and doing food prep but we won't eat until tomorrow. A young couple bought the house next to us about 6 months ago and he loves to cook and entertain. We will be going over to eat with them today. I imagine there will also be 15-20 of his friends who are great kids. They always yell hey Miss Carol when I walk out and have the best conversations with me.

For everyone on the road this holiday I pray for safe travels. For everyone who is alone and wishing someone would share their day with you I send you lots of hugs.

MissMay
November 23rd, 2017, 01:32 PM
THANKFUL FOR DH & MY IMPROVING HEALTH AND FOR ALL THE HELP THAT FAMILY AND FRIENDS HAVE GIVEN US THIS YEAR. EVER THANKFUL FOR THE GREAT M* FORUM.

HAVE A WONDERFUL TURKEY DAY.

NanaMaggie
November 23rd, 2017, 01:56 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!

"May you always be blessed with the rich and beautiful gifts of life"

Andrea F
November 23rd, 2017, 03:12 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!

JCY
November 23rd, 2017, 03:14 PM
What I'm thankful for:

I didn't have much time to post earlier this a.m., but I have a few min. now. In random order, I'm thankful for...

- The privilege of freedom of worship. I have a great church family who are supportive.
- A Christian heritage. My father was a pastor, so the rules were pretty strict at times when I was growing up, but both of my parents came from Christian families.
- Modern day appliances. No more wringer washers, rinse tubs, hanging clothes on the lines. All the handy kitchen gadgets, etc. Oh, of course, my computerized DSM & LA.
- Even though our house is 45 y.o. & needs some updates, it's still home & comfortable.
- Kids who are healthy & employed. Don't get to see them much, but we stay in touch.
- A loving spouse, even though he is in poor health. He expresses his love & appreciation in many ways.
- Adequate retirement income, enough to support my fabric/quilting addiction. LOL!
- Friends with whom I have social contact as well as my cyber friends here at M*.
- Good health, although I have Type 2 Diabetes. I will "fall off the wagon" today at the church potluck! It's a special day.
- A great LQS where I'm friends with the owners & staff & feel I'm a valued customer. The owner services my machines.
- The Bible & books. I'm an avid reader -- (I'm running out of shelf space!) The Bible is the source of successful Christian living & feeds my soul daily. It offers the answers to life.
- That I live in America, not behind some repressive iron curtain.

These are the ones that come to mind. I know there are many others. I hope everyone has a good time with their families today, enjoying whatever feast will be on the table at your house -- whether soup, prime rib, or the traditional turkey & dressing.

For those who are experiencing health problems, may you all have a speedy recovery, or the strength to endure a chronic or terminal illness. So many on this Forum have come through so much this year -- loss of loved ones, loss of health, loss of fur babies, loss of jobs, etc. God bless you all!

Cathy F
November 23rd, 2017, 07:13 PM
I'm thankful for all my forum friends. I may not post everyday but I come here first thing in the morning with my coffee and read what everyone is up to.

grandma nurse
November 23rd, 2017, 11:31 PM
I too don’t post very often but I’m so thankful for my friends on MSQC forum. I start each day with my coffee and my iPad and see what my friends are doing. I look forward to hearing what is going on in your life and in your sewing room.