PDA

View Full Version : Happy Wednesday everyone

Monique
November 22nd, 2017, 09:12 AM

And almost Thanksgiving for my American friends.

Good morning everyone. I had a good day yesterday. We started to hand quilt a new quilt for Victoria's Quilts. It is a stack and whack pattern, very nice. I looked it up on line and it looks very interesting. Maybe Jenny should do such a pattern.

And then in the afternoon it was off to work. And wouldn't you know it, the monitor went caput. Totally blacked out and I couldn't work it. Called the help line, and it seems like Diane had called in the morning. A new monitor is ordered but not likely to arrive before Friday. Do you know what that means? Everything has to be done by manually. And cash sales only. It is going to be quite a week at that post office.

And so Bonnie cut out a piece of the background fabric I need to complete my paper piecing block. Now paper piecing is not my thing but my blocks turned out really nice. Bonnie loves paper piecing. So today I will finish up those two blocks and be done with it. Then it's on to the elephant.

So on that note, I wish you all Happy Thanksgiving. Be careful if you are on roads in the next few days. Be safe and have a wonderful holiday.

Star lover
November 22nd, 2017, 09:23 AM
Oh Monique.....you crack me up! What a hoot!

Happy you're getting into your sewing room......sounds like lots of fun!

I'm gonna be busy today. Lots of prep for the stuff I'm bringing to turkey day. We're going to my sons in laws, who are good friends of ours too! But alas, no turkey.....I'm bummed. But I bought a small turkey for just the two of us for Friday! Yeah!

I forgot I got a dentist appointment today...rats. So much to do, so little time. It will all get done and then.....let the pig out begin!

Hoping everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving and may all you eat be calorie free and delicious! I love to dream....

Love and hugs to all!

Lori63
November 22nd, 2017, 09:50 AM
Love those cartoons Monique!

I'll be busy getting ready for Thanksgiving too. I get off work early and will head home to clean, clean, clean. Then I'll start on the side dishes and getting everything ready for tomorrow. By last night hubby seemed to be feeling a little better so hopefully he'll feel like cooking tomorrow. I am so not a cook.

I'm looking forward to having all four of our kiddos home and together. I cherish those times since they don't happen too often.

Have a wonderful day all!

KPH
November 22nd, 2017, 09:51 AM
Good Morning All,

The coffee's brewing and my sewing room's a mess, the kiddos are going to be here while DIL goes to the dentist, and family dinner is tonight. So, I'm sitting here and enjoying the quiet while it lasts.

Taco salad tonight, so that won't be too hard to pull together. Not sure what DIL is having done, but DS#1 has to go with her. hmmm, I guess we're still having family dinner tonight.

I finished up a total of 6 bowl cozies last night. I used the first one last night for dinner. The only issue I had making them was going through all the layers of fabric and batting where the darts are when you're sewing the front and back together. I definitely want to put in a new needle before I start on the attic window tomorrow.

DS#2 seems to be enjoying his work at Toys R Us. He was hired to assemble bikes and such. Yesterday, he got to go into the assembly room. He was given a couple of things to put together, 30 minutes later he had them ready to go. His supervisor was like, what? you're done already? I guess all those years of mechanic school, legos, and various Scouting merit badges are paying off.

I hope everyone has a peaceful day. The highway behind the house is already busier than normal. Be safe out there!

Prayers for those in need.

Iris Girl
November 22nd, 2017, 09:51 AM
Morning all. @ pumpkin pies just came out of the oven , apple is going in next, I better get going. More later

JCY
November 22nd, 2017, 10:05 AM
Good Morning ~ DH's chicken soup is on the agenda for this morning. That's an all morning job. I finally got some sewing done yest. afternoon. I had made a sample block of the "Dandy Stars" pattern which I used for my table runner. This bordered block probably will be a Christmas exchange gift. It can be used as a small table topper. Amazing how quickly a single block quilts up without having all that bulk to manhandle! I used the small ruler for part of it. I used Glide gold colored thread. It's ready to be trimmed & bound. I hope to get more sewing done this afternoon.

It's supposed to be in the 60's today & 70 tomorrow. Great weather for those who are traveling. Don't work too hard getting ready for Thanksgiving. For those of you who will be sharing the day with family, enjoy your time together.

Bubby
November 22nd, 2017, 10:08 AM
Good Morning....Today I will bake two pies, make the cranberry sauce and put together the fruit salad. I'm not fussing this year.

Dottie was an angel with the new groomer yesterday. Actually she said Dottie behaved perfectly. We're so happy she was good.

Wishing everyone a productive day....will check in later and see how it's going.

grammaterry
November 22nd, 2017, 10:48 AM
Yesterday we drove into town to a funeral for past customers grandparent. Nothing much got done so now I'm running a little behind.
Need to bake pies today. Two pumpkin, two cherry and two cream. Thawing out the prime rib and have the ingredients laid out for the greenbean casserole, sweet potatoe casserole and baked beans. I'll bake the bread tomorrow morning and make the hor'dourve platesl Everyone should start arriving at 11 and hoping to have dinner ready by 1. I don't know if I'm up to it but i'll give it a try. I had hoped to have the window coverings in the sewing room finished but that didn't happen and probably won't unless I forgo mopping the kitchen and vacuuming. lol.

Mimi_Howard
November 22nd, 2017, 10:49 AM
good morning, well Star Lover you are not the only one with a mental vacation. I woke up early and thought why did I set my alarm - I don't have to go in, so turned it off. Woke up little later and it hit me... holiday starts tomorrow NOT today, today is still a work day. DANG now I gotta get ready and head out to the salt mine. But tomorrow... NO ALARM!

pcbatiks
November 22nd, 2017, 11:29 AM
Cereal killer.........oh lawd Monique! :icon_rofl:

We are having Thanksgiving at our house. Started off planning to have fish & shrimp tacos (traditional don't you think) but changes our minds. We will have a yummy soup recipe along with bread and cheese ball and crackers. I'm making the soup today so the flavor will be even better tomorrow. Our group will be small, the two of us, my parents and our son & his GF if son is feeling well enough. He started feeling lousy last evening. We may have to bring his soup to him.

I'm debating whether to go to Hobby Lobby today before the crazed Black Friday shoppers hit the stores. No offense to our "crazed Black Friday shoppers here on the forum. :D :icon_rofl::icon_woot: Who wants to go with me?!

Happy Thanksgiving forum friends. I'm thankful for this forum and all the friends I've made here.

Iris Girl
November 22nd, 2017, 11:56 AM
Phew! ok back here to check in. 2 pumpkin pies out of the oven, 2 apple and 4 dopeys in the oven. Coleslaw made. Deviled eggs made. Stuffing was made last night. Big load of baking dishes done. Still need to make a run to town to deposit hubbys paycheck (probaly the only company without direct deposit). My back is screaming but I can sit and rest til pie is out of oven.
Hope everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving.