PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving (a little early)!

seaturtle
November 21st, 2017, 05:25 PM
Just stopping in to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! We celebrate with 2 dinners (traditional on Tuesday, seafood on Thursday). Some of our family has to work on the actual holiday so we end up with two gatherings. The first is about to start and things get crazy after that, so I came here a little early to wish you all a wonderful time with family and friends and food!

redcaboose1717
November 21st, 2017, 05:48 PM
Cindy,
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Seafood ? Hmmmm that sounds sooo good ! I love seafood!
I am not cooking on Turkey Day so I am just going to go a restaurant on Wednesday, get a couple of meals and heat them up on Thursday. We will be staying home ( I am going to sew all day ! )

Again, you have a nice holiday!

KPH
November 21st, 2017, 06:46 PM
Happy Thanksgiving! Not sure what we'll be doing on Tday. I haven't cooked a Thanksgiving meal in years. We'll probably just go out. DS#2 is having a spread at work Tday evening so I don't need to plan for him. He's working from 5- Midnight, then 7-5 on Friday. DS#1 is having Thanksgiving meal on Friday, his wife is working on Thanksgiving.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

Monique
November 21st, 2017, 07:37 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Sandy Navas
November 21st, 2017, 07:47 PM
A happy and wonderful day of Thanks to you!!!

Ginny B
November 22nd, 2017, 12:37 AM
Cindy, enjoy both your Thanksgiving dinners. I started some prep today (baked the apple pie, got the dining room table leaf in and the dishes down out of the closet). Tomorrow will be the marathon prep day. I love it all. :)

jjkaiser
November 22nd, 2017, 01:11 AM
I am ready! Spent two hours yest polishing silver, it is so beautiful all freshly polished and shiny! I should do this more often as we use our good silver and cloth napkins every day! Tomorrow I am making all my pies. Ricotta pumpkin mmm good. My house will smell awesome for the next 48 hours. 16 pound bird is chilling in the fridge and all three dd and three GD coming for Thanksgiving plus it is my DH's birthday. And he had a cat scan on Monday, cancer is in remission, something I am truly grateful for. Happy Turkey Day everyone!!

Cokie
November 22nd, 2017, 02:15 AM
I'm picking up dinner at Bob Evans tomorrow night on my way home from work. DS is coming over, and the food will be enough for at least 2 meals for all of us. Thanksgiving leftovers are one of the best parts of the meal. The cost really works out to be less for our small family than buying everything to make here, and we can relax and visit without being in the kitchen all day (i.e., without "me" being in the kitchen all day!). Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, however you choose to celebrate.

KarenC
November 22nd, 2017, 02:29 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. My son and I are going to DD's in-laws. They don't eat until 3 or later, so I'm cooking a small version of Thanksgiving meal for us tomorrow. Hope to also get some sewing in.

Simply Quilting
November 22nd, 2017, 04:10 AM
Happy Thanksgiving :)

MaryUK
November 22nd, 2017, 06:32 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Star lover
November 22nd, 2017, 08:07 AM
Hope everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving surrounded by those you love!

Jean Sewing Machine
November 22nd, 2017, 10:15 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to you all! I thank daily for your friendship and support! Have a delicious time this Thanksgiving!

Iris Girl
November 22nd, 2017, 01:39 PM
Hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving!