PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday hellos

Monique
November 21st, 2017, 09:26 AM

Cough cough, I haven't coughed up that furball yet, lol! That's what it feels like. Although I cough so hard it gives me a headache.

Well yesterday was a surprise. Bonnie came over and showed me how to do paper piecing. We have blocks to make for a draw quilt for the quilt show next year. Bonnie knows I am not good at paper piecing. I ran out of background fabric so I am at a standstill at the moment. Bonnie ran out too but is going to give me some of hers so I can finish my blocks.

Today is Victoria's Quilts and then this afternoon I have to work. So it is a busy day ahead.

Have a great day everyone. Safe travels for those on the road for Thanksgiving.

grammaterry
November 21st, 2017, 09:31 AM
Oooh, there you are. We were posting at the same time. Relief is knowing your forum friends are there

Star lover
November 21st, 2017, 09:43 AM
Well here we all are....guess we're all posting at the same time. Ya know what they say....great minds.
Thankful you're OK Monique....well as long as your toon ain't true for you!
Sure gave me a laugh.....

Monique
November 21st, 2017, 09:56 AM
Well here we all are....guess we're all posting at the same time. Ya know what they say....great minds.
Thankful you're OK Monique....well as long as your toon ain't true for you!
Sure gave me a laugh.....

No laxatives YET!! hahaha

Iris Girl
Mornin all. Suppose to be in the 50's and sunny today. Work for me. Might make the stuffing and coleslaw up when I get home. That will lesson the cooking tomorrow pie day. 2 pumpkin, 2 apple to make. Nothing much else going on. Monique hope your cold gets better. I seen to have a drippy nose in the early am and a stuffy nose at night, rest of the day I am fine.
Have a good one all!

Monique
Oooh, there you are. We were posting at the same time. Relief is knowing your forum friends are there

Thanks Terry for your concern.

JCY
November 21st, 2017, 10:08 AM
Good Morning ~ I went to the groc. store yest. for a few needed items. I wanted to beat the maddening crowd on those 2 days prior to Thanksgiving when the lines are long. Even so, the store was busy, but not crazy. Today I'll be mixing up my turkey patties. Tomorrow it will be DH's chicken soup again. Thurs. all I'll need to do is mix up my salad first thing in the morning, then go to the potluck dinner at church for a 1 p.m. feast.

I finally did some sewing yest. I cut the backing & batting for my Christmas table runner, clipped threads, pressed, & got it sandwiched & basted. It's ready for quilting. I need to practice on a sample block first. I plan to use the Glide thread for this one.

Terry, I'm sure your rib roast will make a wonderful dinner. Better to use what's on hand. With being 45 min. away from stores, you must have to plan ahead for shopping & keep the cupboard stocked in the event of bad weather. It's not like you can make a 5 min. run over to the super market. Long before I was born, my parents were missionaries in Portuguese East Africa (now Mozambique); they had to buy ahead for 3 mos. at a time. Their mission station was very remote.

Monique, I hope you get rid of that cough pretty soon & start to feel better.

KPH
November 21st, 2017, 10:48 AM
Morning all.

DS#2 has left for work, DS#1 called, can you keep the kids while I take Morgan to the dentist tomorrow. OK, bring sweet potato casserole for Family Fun Day, and rolls, OK. So I guess we're free for today. I whipped up a Dresden tree skirt for the Christmas tree yesterday. Now I'm trying to figure out if I want just put felt on the back or what. I need to get some biased tape to bind the inside. I'll pick up something at Wally World later. The Thanksgiving Tree has to change soon, so I'm trying to get ready, since the Christmas stuff in the storage locker is about mid way back. I can't see pulling everything out to get to it this year. I picked up a bunch of those little foam stickers, a few floral stems at Michaels. We can have a non-breakable tree this year. The youngest grand is catching on that you don't touch the Thanksgiving Tree, so maybe he won't be grabbing all the stuff off of their Christmas Tree this year. By next year, we ought to be able to have the 'spensive' ornaments back out.

I've pulled out a Christmas layer cake I'm thinking that I'll make some more of those bowl cozies. We eat in the 'den area' more than we should, but having something to keep us from burning our fingers will be nice. I made one Sunday afternoon, I was surprised how easy it really was.

Best get started, the grocery stores are going to be busy the next few days. I was hoping to stay away until after the mobs were done, but alas, I don't have a butternut squash, or frozen rolls in the house.

Have a great one! Prayers for those in need.

Mimi_Howard
November 21st, 2017, 10:53 AM
Good morning all... I only made it to Hobby Lobby yesterday after work and did find some items for oldest GD for Christmas. Decided to hold off on trip to Joann's since I have used my credit card more than usual this month (that recent electrician job here at my dad's house). My Thanksgiving feast was last Sat and so this is the first time in many years that I don't have a long list of stuff to do in a holiday week. Hugs to all !

Bubby
November 21st, 2017, 10:53 AM
Morning Everyone on the day before the day before Thanksgiving,

Dottie is going to her new groomer for the first time this morning. She has a 9 am appointment. We will stay in town for about an hour in case she has a meltdown. I'm not sure about her anymore. Jeff is taking us and maybe we will go somewhere for breakfast.

I will bake pies and make fruit salad and cranberry sauce tomorrow. I'm so glad we decided not to be part of a crowd this year.

Thank you for all the nice comments on Olive's quilt. It's been a hard few months without her but now we can talk about how much fun we had with her and remember the good times. I got the binding done on the quilt and now I need a special label.
Dottie is still adjusting....she feels everything so deeply.

Wishing everyone a blessed day.....Hugs.

It's time for us to gather ourselves up and leave for Houston.

Carolnnc
November 21st, 2017, 02:09 PM
Good morning (just barely). Seems I'm always late to the party:) My neck was hurting so much from painting that I had to take a muscle relaxer and go back to bed this morning so I'm a way behind on my day.

DH has to work 6-6 today because his help had to have a day off. Called to check on him and he said he has very few turkeys left and it was really busy. Next year will be his last holiday season of working! Retirement is coming soon.

I decided to get the sweet potatoes and collards cooked today so I won't have as much to do tomorrow. There's a ton of laundry in the hallway that I have to get done today.

Hoping to work on a Christmas redwork tree skirt this evening when things finally wind down.

Monique, I hope that cough goes away soon. When we were kids my mom gave us a concoction of equal parts of warm whisky, lemon & honey. I still use that for DH when his cold/sinus stuff goes to his chest. It helps him sleep (and me) get a good nights sleep.

Sending happy thoughts to all.