PDA

View Full Version : It's Sunday!

JCY
November 19th, 2017, 10:02 AM
Good Morning ~ It's a very chilly 25 deg. this a.m. I'm sure when it gets light enough to see, there will be heavy frost on everything. It's supposed to be nice & get up to 60 today.

Yest. I got a much needed massage. In the afternoon I sewed a narrow border on my table runner & cut strips for the binding. Today I'll get the backing cut & hope to get it all sandwiched & basted.

Does anyone use glue boards around your house & garage? These are the sticky boards (on the inside) -- open on both ends, to catch spiders & other insects. They might even catch a mouse! Yest. I noticed the one in a bsmt. BR was pretty full of bugs, so DH placed a new one for me this a.m. In the garage, they catch crickets as well as spiders. We've actually caught a couple mice with them. I buy them in packets of 4 at Walmart.

Well, it's time to fix DH's breakfast. It will be church this a.m. & probably a quick stop on the way home at Vitamin Cottage to restock my Kombucha. Have a restful day.

KPH
November 19th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Good Morning All,

DS#2 is on his way to work. I asked him what he'd like for supper and got the standard... I just ate breakfast, I don't know!

I finished all three Christmas flannel quilts for the grands yesterday. Yippee. I was so relieved I had enough binding for all three quilts without having to go buy anything else! Now to fold all of the extra batting and put it in a box for smaller projects.

I have two attic windows to start. I'm not going to make many cuts, just 2 across and 2 top to bottom to make more of a mission style window. It will remind me of my friend's mt. house.

Time to get cleaned up and ready for church.

grammaterry
November 19th, 2017, 10:28 AM
Katrina, I laughted at DS comment of he just ate. I get that every day. MEN!
Yesterday I made a quilted window covering for the kitchen window. I made the star block and it is kind of cool. I was working on the covers for the sewing room windows but was bored with that. Then I decided to rearrange the sewing room so I could see out the window while I sewed. I think it is more efficient now. The cutting table is now in front of the fabric shelves and the ironing board and the sewing machine is next to the design wall. Makes more sense to me.
The wind howled last night. I thought the house was coming down. This morning I can't detect any damage. I was expecting to see all the porch chairs off in the woods but alas, they are still there complete with moose and deer heads sitting atop them. Oh my, where will those heads end up?

Ginny B
November 19th, 2017, 10:32 AM
Good morning everyone. It's a rainy, windy one here. My sis and I had a great time yesterday at the Downton Abbey exhibit. Loved seeing the dresses they wore. It was fun being in the city. I got to see a few of the Macys windows all done up for Christmas too. I am a little sore this morning from all the walking.

They released Dh's aunt from the hospital yesterday. She was very happy about that. I guess they decided to not do any sort of procedure for the small blockage they found.

DH and I talked about doing some Christmas shopping today. We'll see if I feel like doing more walking today. Then later this afternoon it will be time to go celebrate with grandson Henry. He is 4. Tomorrow will be my only day of work this week.

I hope everyone has a good day today.

Carlie Wolf
November 19th, 2017, 11:02 AM
It was very windy last night here too. Even the attic was shaking and moaning. I thought there would be trees or branches down but so far only the garbage can took a ride that I can see. We didn't even lose the lights so I didn't have to reset clocks.

Yes, oh men re menus. I use to love making all kinds of fancy meals. The fancier the better and I was a good cook. One day after about three years of marriage I asked my husband what he'd like for supper. I was all excited to come up with the next great meal. He said "Just plain meat and potatoes".

JCY I miss the days when I could occasionally get a massage. Thing is I'd only get a massage from a woman and I'm too uncomfortable if it's a man. Around here they are only men, no women to do it. Alas!!

NanaMaggie
November 19th, 2017, 11:20 AM
Good morning y'all,

It's sweater weather here in FL - downright brisk outside. Liking this weather.

Have thought for years we could make a killing off a restaurant with two front doors - One signed "I don't Know" and the other "I don't Care"

Make it a great day!

Cathy F
November 19th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Morning all,
Wind and rain earlier this morning but sun is peeking out and looks like it may clear off.
I managed to get upstate recently to sew with seven friends for our yearly girl's get a way weekend. I didn't get much sewing done but I did get all of my applique block of the month kits traced, fused and cut out, and some of the background fabrics sewn together. Also got to spend 4 days with my sister who flew in from Chicago for our weekend. I was able to get to the orchard while I was there and came home with apples and a frozen unbaked pie for Thanksgiving, yum!
Hope to get in the sewing room for a bit today, have afew things that need to be finished for the holiday.
Wishing all a good weekend!

Bubby
November 19th, 2017, 11:39 AM
Hi Everyone....We had a long day working at the apartments yesterday. When we left the house in the morning it was 70 degrees. When we got back home in the afternoon it was 33, heavy winds and sleeting. What a temperature drop!

Joy, it's good that you can get out of house even for short spurts. All caregivers need that desperately. About the glue traps, yes we use them in our storage units and in the garage. One cute memory is Olive in the garage nosing around and then running out with a glue trap stuck to her nose. It took a while to get it off.

I guess it's time for me to get moving. Jeff is off until the Monday following Thanksgiving.

Wishing everyone a great day.

pcbatiks
November 19th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Good morning everyone.

Just finishing my late breakfast and then back to work on a quilt project I must finish for a Christmas gift. Later I will put the label on the yellow and gray quilt for a good friend that I hope to surprise her with.

Our pup is laying out in the yard enjoying the slightly cool weather.

Hope you all have a great day.

Mimi_Howard
November 19th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Good Morning All. Had Thanksgiving early (yesterday) this year. My cousin and hubby in town visiting and we were able to get together like old times with us SIL family, and most of our kids and now grandkids in the mix. it was great! We spent many vacations together as our kids were growing up. Lots of camping adventures and couple of houseboat vacations. So now no big plans come Thanksgiving holiday and looking forward to 4 days of no stress and total relaxation. After work on Monday a quick run to Joanns and Hobby Lobby (did I say quick.. ha ha on that one), Tuesday is the start of annual physical, Wed I organize for projects and come Thursday... a sew-a-thon can begin!

Spring Bird
November 19th, 2017, 01:37 PM
Good morning y'all,

It's sweater weather here in FL - downright brisk outside. Liking this weather.

Have thought for years we could make a killing off a restaurant with two front doors - One signed "I don't Know" and the other "I don't Care"

Make it a great day!

Maggie, I love the option of 2 doors. My BF always drives when they go out to eat, I don't care and I don't know are his answers. One day I was with them and when we arrived at the restaurant he commented, "we were just here yesterday":lol:

Spring Bird
November 19th, 2017, 01:44 PM
I was again able to sleep in this morning, the dog was exhausted from the ride to town with DH & me. I have put a crock pot full of beans and ham hocks on to enjoy for dinner and place the extras in the freezer for quick meals later. It won't take long to make a pan of corn bread when they are ready.

I must finish something, I am tired at looking at nearly finished items.

Have a blessed day

Carolnnc
November 19th, 2017, 02:00 PM
Good morning to all. It's a cool day here today but sunny. We also had a lot of wind yesterday and last night. The cat hid in the top of the chicken pen and was so spooked she didn't want to come out.
It's more painting for me today and I feel like I'll never finish. DH has to work a lot due to Thanksgiving so I can set a pace and not get interrupted every five minutes.
I looked in the cooler and freezer in his meat department last night and you couldn't get past the door for all the boxes of turkeys. I am so compulsive about neatness and organization I just couldn't deal with something like that. What's amazing is he will sell everyone one of those turkeys!
Hope everyone has a great day.

MissMay
November 19th, 2017, 03:07 PM
Cold and windy here too, wind tossed our extra large recyling container so DH is out on the deck picking everything up. After lunch we're going food shopping for our Thanksgiving dinner. It will be only DS#1, DH and I so I'll choose a smaller turkey than I usually get, enough for Thanksgiving dinner, leftovers for DS#1 and a turkey sandwich on Friday for DH & I.

Same story here about what or when DH wants to eat. We have received quite a few restaurant gift cards so when he answers he does't know what he wants for dinner I pull a card out for a place that serves something I feel like eating.

MaryUK
November 19th, 2017, 04:10 PM
I went to church this morning and again this afternoon for music practice. We have a ladies singing group who sing at our Christmas Carol service and they are just 2 weeks into their practice so it's a bit chaotic at present. However as they say "it'll be alright on the night".
No plans for this evening other than knitting which I must get finished very soon.
Tomorrow I hope to be in my sewing room most of the day as I have 5 quilts to finish before Christmas!! Why did I decide to make new placemats and a table runner as well - oh yes because it is for me! So they've been added to the pile.

Hugs and best wishes for those in need.

Cokie
November 19th, 2017, 06:15 PM
I have been lazy today. It's so gloomy and cold out. not sure if we've had any flakes or not but a few were predicted. I have chili in the crockpot for supper tonight and I need to throw in a load of laundry. Been shopping online for Christmas a little bit. So happy it's a short work week - I really need a break from the craziness that has been life over the past few months.

Navy Wife
November 19th, 2017, 06:49 PM
Sounds like most of us got the wind, rain, and cold weather. We had 50 mph gusts here last night, and a 20 degree drop in temps. Tonight it will be in the 20's.

I am at last able to get around easily and without pain, at least most of the time. I was back in church last week, and in choir today, and I really feel like a new person. Maybe this new hip is going to work right after all. I'm still in PT 3 times a week, but I think that will be over soon. I even sat down at my machine and sewed 3 squares on an ancient UFO.

Thanksgiving will be here with our 2 sons and wives. I'm doing the turkey and pies, and they will bring over the rest. That's the easy way to do dinner! DS#2 is the chef of the family. He loves to cook...oh, maybe I should have let him do it all! I'm looking forward to a good family day and lots of good food. We'll miss DD, but she was just here for a week. Back to the kitchen to feed the cat and finish dinner!