PDA

View Full Version : Monday morning

Ginny B
November 13th, 2017, 09:13 AM
Good morning everyone. Here we are at Monday already. What a weekend. We continued to get our rooms upstairs back in order and were able to actually sleep in our own room starting Saturday night. DH was very happy. My sis came over and helped and then we all went to my cousin's sons wedding. Had a nice time. The observation we came home with is that dancing has certainly been re-defined by the younger generation. There is a lot of jumping up and down and raising one arm into the air and that's about as much as we could get from it . There was a little bit of what we "oldsters" would consider good dance music. Then we came home, got changed and my sis and I sat down to have a cup of tea and go over the events and conversations of the evening and what to my horrified eyes did appear but another leak coming from upstairs only worse. We all three of us got to work up high and down low to see where it was coming from and what we could do about it and seemed to have the drips slowed down. We eventually went to bed around 1:30 but I woke up a bit after 5 (after having a dream about flooding in the house) to the sound of "drip, drip, drip" coming from the kitchen. Bolted out of bed got the text message ready to send with pictures to our contractor and just waited until after the sun came up to hit "send". He came over as soon as he got it and worked on finding the culprit of a pipe and got the situation handled. It was from the same area of the house that he fixed last time but a different pipe (they are all old copper pipes up in that room). Prayers being said we will not "hear" from these pipes again.

I did actually get to sit down and do a bit of sewing yesterday afternoon before taking a 2 1/2 hour nap. It felt good to get some actual sewing done.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and a good start today to the week ahead of us. Happy Monday. :)

Star lover
November 13th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Good morning Ginny and all who will follow.
So sorry about the leaks.....hate when that happens. Hopefully everything will be in great running order soon.

Long holiday weekend. Didn't actually do much.....but then did. Got everything done we wanted and needed too along with lots of sleep. Rearranged my sewing room. Worked on all the cords and stuff.....all organized now. Some more tweaking needed, but really great now!

The s**w we were to get, never happened! Yeah, don't hurt my feelings none....at all. Suppose to be in the 40's all week, with rain. I'm good with that. Can't, don't want to do s**w....can't even say it. Just not ready for it......although I did get some boots this past weekend.....

Hope y'all have a great day. Love and hugs to all!

KPH
November 13th, 2017, 09:41 AM
Good Morning All,

Ginny, I hope you don't have any more troubles with your pipes! Goodness with the wedding, company and fixing everything back up you had a huge weekend!

Sat. was birthday celebrations, Sun. was just calm and quiet. It was kind of nice. I got the backs of all three Christmas sewn and I wasn't motivated enough to go get batting.

The young set of grands are coming today. When we take them back this afternoon, I'll stop and pick up batting and basting spray. I'd like to get them all sandwiched today. I'll have a couple of days to work on them before J comes for home school.

Best get started. I hope everyone has a blessed and creative week.

Monique
November 13th, 2017, 09:48 AM

Good morning friends. I had a great weekend because I had some special people come to visit. Phil came with Maizyn. We had a great time after the services on Saturday. One thing I have to tell you. We were walking home and Maizyn announces "I didn't know my daddy was a soldier". So I asked, "What did you think he worked at?". I don't know, was her response. She got to take a whole bunch of pictures so we were looking at them and then she says "My daddy looks so good dressed like that". Out of the mouth of babes!! After the services, Phil went out, Papa went out, so it was just Maizyn and I. We did some crafts, filling Christmas balls and she painted some shells. They would have stayed another day but Maizyn has school today, but Daddy has the day off. I got to spend some time with my girl, and that is all that counts.

My SIL calls yesterday and asks me if I want two sewing machines that belonged to my MIL. I also asked for the sheets and boy did I get sheets, several boxes! All vintage of course. Sewing notions also made it here, with one of the wooden sewing baskets on legs that pull out on the sides. You know the one I am talking about, right? A rather large old pine cabinet also made its way. Hubby wants to put it in the kitchen. He hates our upper kitchen cabinets and wants to take those down. Either the pine cabinet or the hoosier will hold our dishes. Now to downsize.

Thankful hubby works today, so I get the day to myself. I need to work on the Paisley Elephant now that it is all tacked down. It is to be a wall hanging for a ss for Christmas gift as she collects elephants.

Tomorrow is guild.

Have a great day everyone.

P/S I fixed my friend's sewing machine yesterday. It wouldn't sew at all. Hook timing was off, thank you google and you tube. Up and running and she came and picked it up. Happy friend indeed.

Star lover
November 13th, 2017, 09:55 AM
Oh Monique, oh so thankful for the time you had with Maizyn! I know it made your weekend, if not more!
Thank you for your funny.....I always get a chuckle and laugh....a really great way to start any day!
Sounds like Christmas to me, with all the sewing goodies. Yippe!

KPH - hope you're able to get your projects sandwiched today! Sounds like a busy but fun day with the grands!

Lori63
November 13th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Morning all:)
Ginny so sorry to hear about your pipes.

Monique, so glad you got to spend time with Maizyn, sounds like you had fun.

My sis came down Saturday and we spent the day sewing, what a wonderful way to spend a cold drizzly day! She worked on pillowcases and I worked on the Lori Holt name quilt and cut what I could on the Frozen/Troll flannel quilt. I had to order more frozen fabric so it will be a few days before I can work on it. Yesterday I was able to work on the name quilt and almost have the top done! It went together much quicker than I expected.

I'm also consciously trying to work a little faster. I find I'm naturally a very slow sewer. I think I just enjoy the process so much I take my time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

grammaterry
November 13th, 2017, 11:26 AM
Lori, just take your time. I am such a hurrier because I just want to see what its going to look like. I know if I could slow down, my work would improve emmensely .
Sorry about the pipes. That has to have been a nightmare.
Always good to be with the children. I went Friday to Spartanburg and spent most of two days in the car riding to take people to their extracurricular activities. There was a preview of the Nutcracker at the Greer library at 9 and another a 11:30 at the Greenville library. Both of the girls danced beautifully. I rode with SIL and he told me how all the dance lessons were putting a real strain on family life. They drive 1 hour each way...twice a day...six days a week to tote them to lessons. Admirable but ...and we are talking lots more years of this. Isabella is only 14 and the little one is 5. Isabella wants to be a ballerina and they want to help her make it happen.
Anyway, nice visit. I picked up another GC on the way so she could be with the cousins as well so had 5 of them this weekend to look at. it was terrific. I like my new job as Gramma!

JCY
November 13th, 2017, 01:38 PM
Good Morning ~ Sunny & clear. No frost this a.m. It's supposed to be 70 today. The lawn service was supposed to do our fall clean-up today, but when I called to get an apprx. time frame, we weren't on today's schedule. So it will be tomorrow at 1 p.m.

My 1 load of laundry is done. I need to work on my Bible study lesson for Wed. I'll fix a c. of coffee & work in my recliner. Poor recliner is looking a bit ragged. It was used when we bought it; I've lost track of how many years we've had it. I've looked for a replacement, but most of the new ones are too wide for my space. Or they just don't fit me the same. The last time my son visited, he asked when I was going to replace it. One of these days...

My sewing time yest. was limited. I have a block laid out & the corners of 4 pieces snowballed, but didn't have time to sew it together. After DH went to bed at 6 p.m., I watched my eve. church program, Rejoice in the Lord. Then I attempted to read a while & fell asleep in the recliner. At 8:30 I woke up enough to fix myself a late supper, then it was bedtime.

Terry, it's nice you're getting to spend time with family. Ginny, I hope the leak problem is permanently fixed. What an ordeal.

More sewing is on the afternoon agenda. I don't rush my process either. I'm a careful, particular sew-er. I want all my seams to match as perfectly as possible, etc. On the tutorials, I've watched Jenny fly so fast down those seams. That's not me. Finished may be better than perfect, but my goal still is to be as perfect as possible.