PDA

View Full Version : It's Sunday!

JCY
November 12th, 2017, 04:57 PM
I don't see a thread for today. It's already past noon at my house, but I'll chime in. We're having a beautiful, sunny day. It was a chilly 28 deg. & heavy frost this a.m. It supposed to be in the 50's today, but in the mid to upper 60's the next 2 days. Good weather for our fall clean-up tomorrow with the lawn service.

This a.m. was church; it was my Sunday to play the organ. I came right home. DH isn't feeling very chipper. Every other morning is a medical procedure that pretty much wipes him out for the day. Today was the day. While I was gone, our fam. dr. phoned with his lab results. His sodium level stayed the same at 130, which still is low, but stable. (Normal is 135-145.) He's had very few normal levels in the past 9 yrs. It's the pits being allowed only 1 qt. of water/24 hrs. He cannot tolerate electrolyte beverages that have any flavorings in them like Gatorade, vitamin water, etc. He can't drink store-bought chicken broth due to the MSG & flavorings/spices in it. His borderline anemia has resolved which was good news.

Yest. I sewed together 2 more blocks on my Anne of Green Gables Christmas table runner. Two more to go. I should be able to get some sewing done this afternoon.

M* must be doing considerable marketing with cookies. I've seen many ads come across my computer screen recently, esp. of items I'd recently viewed on their web site. I get Craftsy stuff all the time. Since I ordered a lamp from Office Depot/Max, I'm getting a lot of ads from them, too. I have no idea when I'll get the lamp; it's been backordered for quite a long time.

Well, time to get on with my day. Enjoy the rest of your week end.

Iris Girl
November 12th, 2017, 05:15 PM
Afternoon all! Almost 50 degrees and sunny. Changed the bedding and just brought it in. Love the smell of fresh laundered bedding dried outdoors. Made a trip to walmart with hubby to return some wiper blades that were not fitting my car. Checked out fabrics and bought 4 - 1/2 pieces of neutral blenders and 10 Christmas fat quarters. Made me happy. Then to home depot , left there empty handed. Last stop was Auto Zone. Hubby was looking for silicone spray we use it on the weather stripping on the car doors so they don't freeze and rip off in cold weather he also found some replacement impact screwdriver bits he had been looking for. A stop at Stewarts for milk and bread and then home. I have a Pork roast in the oven and it smells delightful. Got my turkey hanging placed and ready to sew...Too bad tomorrow is work.
Joy I run an ad blocker on my Lap top because I can't stand all the pop ups. Have a wonderful day all.

KPH
November 12th, 2017, 05:57 PM
It's been beautiful here today. The sun's been shining in my sewing room window making that room down right hot. Thank goodness for the ceiling fan.

I'll have to run to ?? tomorrow to pick up some batting. The tops and backs are pieced and I'm crossing my fingers there will be enough binding to bind all three quilts.

Yesterday was DS#1's birthday, the day before was his GMIL's birthday, so last night his MIL had a birthday dinner for both. It was so nice to have a chance to visit with everyone. Between the birthday breakfast, going to Nana's house, and then Grammy's for supper, the kids were supper tired last night (hyper tired). Today all three of them were crabby cakes. Jim had to take J out of church this morning for pitching a fit. So DS is blaming birthday cake for his tantrum.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend. Prayers for those in need.

mischiefkat
November 12th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Good Afternoon,
It is getting late in the day here, almost time to start some supper. I have pj's I made for my sister that DH needs to put the snaps on for me. A fleece blanket for my 3 year old GN that needs to boxed up for the mail. None of it got done today because I spent the day searching the net for some cat fabric that I should have bought when I first saw it. Oh well, I will be out and this week so I will check at J's and Wally.
I have an ad blocker on my computer too. Lately some sites won't let me continue on their site if I don't disable the ad blocker. Oh well. Everybody have a great evening. Kathy

Iris Girl
November 12th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Good Afternoon,
It is getting late in the day here, almost time to start some supper. I have pj's I made for my sister that DH needs to put the snaps on for me. A fleece blanket for my 3 year old GN that needs to boxed up for the mail. None of it got done today because I spent the day searching the net for some cat fabric that I should have bought when I first saw it. Oh well, I will be out and this week so I will check at J's and Wally.
I have an ad blocker on my computer too. Lately some sites won't let me continue on their site if I don't disable the ad blocker. Oh well. Everybody have a great evening. Kathy

Kathy just pause the ad blocker for that site you can unpause it if you like when you leave that page.

mischiefkat
November 12th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Thanks April, didn't know you could pause the ad blocker. Thanks again Kathy