PDA

View Full Version : six month checkup.....

bubba
November 11th, 2017, 04:35 PM
We saw the oncologist yesterday. When I took my daughter to Urgent Care on Halloween, I spoke to him and asked when we were supposed to see him, if ever. Well, he said ONE MONTH AFTER SURGERY!!!!! Really? Nobody ever told us that, and beside that fact, he was back in the hospital one month after surgery and we never saw or heard from you! It's not like we weren't seeing doctors on a weekly basis, but none of them was the oncologist. My main question (and MM told me not to ask it) was why didn't his office call if we were supposed to be in to see him?

Anyway, I told MM to make an appointment, and miraculously, he did! The doctor was pleasant and quite pleased with MMs progress. He said we need to see him every six months and also have scans done just prior to seeing him. Since he had several this past summer, he won't need one till March.

All in all, except for his crankiness which is getting better, looking forward to the next six months!

CraftyJnet
November 11th, 2017, 04:37 PM
That's great news!

pcbatiks
November 11th, 2017, 05:08 PM
Pat that is really great news!

Carolnnc
November 11th, 2017, 05:41 PM
Such good news! I'm happy for you both.

Vonnie
November 11th, 2017, 06:15 PM
Fantastic news! You can almost forgive him for your cutting mat!

bubba
November 11th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Fantastic news! You can almost forgive him for your cutting mat!

Uh, no............

JCY
November 11th, 2017, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the update. Good news!

Iris Girl
November 11th, 2017, 06:58 PM
Wonderful news!

Bubby
November 11th, 2017, 07:07 PM
That's awesome news, Pat! Congrats to you both.

Monique
November 11th, 2017, 07:25 PM
Yes awesome news. Now about that mat...................................

jjkaiser
November 11th, 2017, 08:47 PM
That is fantastic! Maybe you can get through the holidays and then some with no crisis this year! Something to be thankful for on turkey day.

TMP
November 11th, 2017, 09:31 PM
I'm so glad to hear he is doing well. I know its been a real journey for you. You have taken such good care of him. I hope you both have a good holiday season.

KPH
November 11th, 2017, 09:44 PM
You've both had quite the year. I hope your holidays are joyful, peaceful, and most of all healthy!

Debbie Watters
November 11th, 2017, 10:04 PM
Good news! Hoping for healthy years to come!

Mimi_Howard
November 12th, 2017, 12:27 AM
Such wonderful news!

JaniceR
November 12th, 2017, 01:28 AM
That is such good news! I hope you and MM and your family can now have wonderful holidays! Lots to be thankful for and celebrate!

sew-what2015
November 12th, 2017, 08:24 AM
Great news!

Star lover
November 13th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Praising the Lord! Fantastic news. As others have said....you could ALMOST forgive the mat incident........especially if you got a new one. Praying for an uneventful holiday season!.....welll medically speaking anyway!

SallyO'Sews
November 13th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Glad for good news, Pat. Tell MM I am still praying for him. :icon_heh:

Also, let this be a cautionary tale. No one at the hospital, not my surgeon, not the radiation oncologist, not the medical oncologist, NOBODY told me that ALL follow-up information was MY responsibility to acquire and deal with. I had initial surgery in May, and reversal surgery in July. Unbeknownst to me, I was supposed to have called for the pathology report two weeks after the initial surgery. I was not aware of the need for follow-up chemo until September. Stupid me, I thought that since THEY had the information, and I was heavily medicated post-surgery, that THEY would come after me for follow-up care. I finally did call my surgeon, who was the "point guy" on the team, and he said I should call the medical oncologist, which I did. I was angry initially, that no one had been in touch with me, but I think God was looking out for me; the surgeries were so difficult that if I had been aware that I was still facing six more months of chemo, it might have made that summer even harder. Happily, that part of my life is over and done with. Wishing MM smooth sailing from now on. Hugs to you, quilty friend!