• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ginny B
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Saturday morning

Good morning all. It is a happy Saturday for me. All work is done in my sewing room and things are moved back in. I am anxious to actually stitch something now. I promised hubby that we'd be back up in our bedroom tonight but before that can happen I need to make room in my former sewing room for a twin bed which came from my new sewing room and which is now residing in our bedroom. And we have a wedding to go to this evening so I'd better get myself moving.

It's winter here suddenly. Brrrrrr. Keep warm and enjoy the day everyone
    Ginny B
    Levittown, NY
  • Bubby
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Re: Saturday morning

Good Morning Everyone,

Ginny, be sure to show us a picture of your new sewing room!

Today is opening day of Fall gun season for deer. We have been hearing shots for hours, which disturbs Dottie. Every time she hears a shot she tries to herd me to her idea of a safe place. Jeff is hunting on our land today.

We worked at the apartments yesterday because Jeff had the day off. We tried to make it a short day but we ended up getting home at dinner time. We ate a quick bite and then watched TV in our bedroom the rest of the evening.

Today I will make the meatloaf I wanted to make yesterday. I also promised Jeff I would make him a pan of brownies.

Has anyone heard anything about Gina since her surgery?

Wishing everyone a great Saturday.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2013

Cold here too this morning. Let Carlie out and I see two small white rose buds that started to bloom....humm not for long I'll bet LOL

Today I'm working on getting some of my temperature placemats done. I've fallen way behind and need to complete Aug, Sept, Oct. I have to say I've started to lose my enthusiasm for the project and my creative juices are really struggling.
      So not much going on here today :-) I think they have the Veterans Day parade today. This one doesn't go right past my house but is close enough that there will probably be hardly a parking space left around here. Our town is pretty big on parades.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :-)
      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• JCY
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2013

Good Morning ~ A clear, sunny morning. Heavy frost & 31 deg. It's supposed to get up to 60 deg. today. I may change the bed & air the pillows outside. I've already made the salads (I make for 2 days at a time), stewed DH's prunes, & washed the dishes.

Yest. I went to the optician's about new glasses. In looking at his records, he discovered it's been 7 yrs. since I had a change of frames. I liked these so well. We changed the lenses a couple times, but I hadn't needed an Rx change for the past 3 yrs. So...what new frames to pick out? None just really "grabbed" me. He had his wife come out to help us decide; he said she's good about picking out what looks good. She discovered some frames on another table where we hadn't looked yet. "What about these?" I tried them on. "Those are the ones!" Well, they are lot different from what I usually wear, but what the heck. Maybe a look on the wild side is just the pick-me-up I need. I usually go for bronze or darker colors, maybe blues. These are predominantly a rose color. A bit different style, but they're titanium, so they should hold up well. Pricey, too! Oh well, my current frames also are titanium; I paid $500. for them 7 yrs. ago. So in 2 wks. I'll have new frames & a new look.

I stopped by my LQS for show & tell. I took in the Olivia the pig quilt & the Baby Bargello. She takes pics of people's quilts & posts them on their fb page. I didn't buy a thing. I'm waiting for their Christmas sale next mo. when things usually are 30% off. I'll stock up on thread, needles, etc. then.

I made progress on the Anne of Green Gables Christmas table runner -- mostly cutting fabric, making HSTs, etc. I did get one block sewn together. Four more to go.

Barb, your meatloaf & brownies sound good. I never make either one any more, since DH doesn't eat either. Occas. I may buy meatloaf at the local deli or brownies from the bakery. I cut up the brownies into small pieces & freeze them. I'll take out 1 pc. at a time, zap it in the MW to defrost, then have it with just a sm. amt. of vanilla ice cream for a treat. Just a few bites are enough to satisfy the sweet tooth.

Well, it's time to go strip the bed & get the laundry going.
        Last edited by JCY; November 11, 2017, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• toggpine
          Missouri Star
          • Aug 2009

I finally knocked off at about 2 this morning. It was nice to get back in the sewing room and make som progress on a few sidelined projects.
          It will be raining off and on today. I need to get the puppy out and let him run around a bit too. I'll have to keep an eye on the weather, so we don't get soaked while that happens.
          I have more house cleaning to do, but that may wait until tomorrow when the rain really sets in. Those cobwebs are becoming annoying and since Halloween is over, I can't claim they are seasonal decorations anymore!

I hope you all have a great day!
          Hugs, Cathy
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• KPH
            Missouri Star
            • Feb 2015

We had a surprise call this morning (barely 7am), DS#1 invited us to breakfast at Cracker Barrel. We enjoyed his birthday breakfast and talked about everywhere that was having veterans discounts today. His MIL is having a dinner tonight for him and Nana. (Her birthday was yesterday). So no cooking for me today! Yea!

I finished up the Christmas flannel tops for the three grands. I asked J if I could give him an early Christmas present, something he could use all Christmas. He said no. Who would have thought! I'll be taking them over to Family Fun Day (others know it as Black Friday) for our family Thanksgiving.

The next step will be finding backing, sandwiching and quilting the three quilts. Surely I'll have enough time to get them done before Thanksgiving.

I hope Gina is doing alright. I was thinking about her last night. Dad always said, the third day after surgery was the worst. After that things start getting better. He should have known, he'd had lots of surgeries in his life time!

Prayers for those in need. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
            Katrina
            From NC, retired in FL
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• CraftyBarb
              Missouri Star
              • Jun 2013

Hello to all. A bit chilly here today. Will be staying in today...no mail delivery today so I won't have to run to the mailbox. May do a bit of sewing. Not in the mood for housework today. Going to shut my phone off for today...so tired of all the annoying phone calls. Keep putting my number on the "do not call" list but I still get them..and I so hate them calling on the weekend.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.
              Barbara :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

• MaryUK
                Missouri Star
                • Feb 2016

Well it's Saturday evening here. We have had a terrible 3 weeks here with much loved FIL taking poorly as we returned from holiday. He died on 30 Oct and the funeral was yesterday, however due to discrepancy in cause of death etc (won't go into that) he had to have a postmortem and there will be a full inquest so it's not been good for us!!

However I woke this morning feeling much calmer and got some jobs in the house and the supermarket shop done - isn't it funny how we ladies feel better when chores are done!!

Spent the afternoon watching cheesy Christmas films - loved it!!

Hugs and best wishes to those in need.

Comment

• Carolnnc
                  The Guild President
                  • Oct 2015

Good afternoon to all. 32 degrees but at least the sun is shinning. Normal temp this time of year is usually mid 60s.

Still working on sofa pillows which doesn't set a fire in my soul Hope to get them finished so I can work on a quilt.

Had DH chop some cooked chicken last night. Asked him if he wanted chicken enchilladas, chicken pot pie or chicken salad. Surprised me by picking chicken salad. I've been making the same recipe for over 20 years and still pull out the recipe. Thankfully he wants tocos for dinner so I don't have to do a lot of cooking.

Stuck on finishing up the painting in the living room but am getting antsy to make a start on the kitchen.

I feel so lazy today!

Hope everyone is having a good day.
                  :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

• Spring Bird
                    9 Patch Princess
                    • Oct 2017

Still morning in my neighbor hood. I have cleaned part of the kitchen but have yet to tackle the "zone" just inside the door where everything just gets set down until it can be put away. I wish I could blame someone besides myself. Once I get the table runner quilted that should make it too pretty to mess up. And yes, the table runner is hooped and sitting in the zone so the pup doesn't chew it up. Why did I ever get a dog??

Speaking of the dog, he wouldn't settle last night and we were outside every 2 hours in the snow and dark. 2 nights ago he started to bolt after a deer in the dark. I was able to stop him, but not before I was lying on my side on the ice. Lucky I only have a few bruises.

This morning DH is watching movies from WWII. God Bless those who served and their families. Today I extra weepy, don't know if it is Veterans Day, the cold weather or lack of good sleep.

Have a great weekend

Comment

Working...
                    X