PDA

View Full Version : I am so frustrated!!!

BethB
November 10th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Back on Oct. 13, I left my one and only sewing machine at the shop for its overdue cleaning and service. After a couple of calls, I finally was able to go pick it up (the shop is about 30 miles from me) on October 23. I tried out the sewing part when I got home and was satisfied that it worked well. In the afternoon of the 24th, I decided I needed to fill a couple of bobbins so I had plenty to have at the purse class I was taking the next day. I set everything up, pushed the lever and ... nothing. Tried it again ... nothing. I tried rethreading, turning off then turning on my machine and still nothing. I was beginning to think I didn't remember how to run the bobbin winder. I finally called over to the shop and he said if I could bring it over, he would fix it while I waited. So we loaded it back into the car and I drove the 30 miles back over (on a toll road, no less). After sitting there for about 45 minutes, he comes out from his office and says he must have pinched the wires when he was putting the machine back together and they broke. So he gives me two options -- he can take one out of another machine they have on the floor (all have been used heavily) or he can order a new one. I chose the new one -- he said it would only take a couple of days. They filled a couple of bobbins for me for the class the next day and off I went home. Well, here it is, over a week later and I still do not have a working bobbin winder. They also do not know when the part will be coming in. So here I am, with lots of things I need to do but I don't have any way to wind bobbins. They will not be getting any more of my business!!!

On top of all this, our fridge quit completely last Friday, the 3rd. We went out and bought a new one but delivery came up for Sunday, the 12th. I called the store the next day and was able to get it moved up to Wed. Great to have a new fridge!!

Also, last Friday night, we heard a bang while in the house. After searching around a bit, hubby found it was one of the springs on the garage door. Thankfully, he had a brand new in the basement and replaced it the next day. They say things happen in threes, hopefully, this is our third.

OK, rant over. Thanks for listening!!

Nancy

Mimi_Howard
November 10th, 2017, 10:38 PM
Beth ... I so feel your pain and frustration. Couple of weeks ago I was doing the same ... fridge went out, son had sent me email on a friday morning to expect gall bladder surgery for him early the following week for a gall stone, in - out no biggie mom. On way home from work that day I got a text, they were prep'g him for surgery. Stone had penetrated the wall and luckily went in a direction not to rip the intestines (that would have meant reconstructon of his innerds).. anyway out came gall bladder (worst infected one they had ever seen), in-out turned into 2 days in hospital and mega iv antibiotics. I just got back in town couple of days ago, road trip to see honey who is fighting cancer. What a heck of a couple of weeks it has been.

Looking forward to just being a slug bug this weekend! I am in a "sloth mode" right now. Dust on the furniture... no biggie, just take my finger and practice doodling for FMQ later on! My silver lining ! :lol:

KPH
November 10th, 2017, 10:44 PM
Nancy and Mimi, sending you both virtual hugs!

LLLinda
November 10th, 2017, 10:46 PM
Love your attitude on dusting MIMI!

Carlie Wolf
November 10th, 2017, 11:46 PM
I know how that goes. It's so frustrating. They say things come in threes (although I've never seen that the case to be incoming money) and it looks like you've had your three. It should be all uphill from now :-)

Mimi_Howard
November 11th, 2017, 12:05 AM
That reminds me... need to add pickles to my shopping list. How did I get this to this thought... recently calf muscle cramps and being reminded I am due for an uphill climb! Pickle juice for the leg cramps.

Bubby
November 11th, 2017, 08:25 AM
Pickle juice for leg cramps....?

Nwmnteacher
November 11th, 2017, 09:18 AM
Mimi, your dust comment started my day off with a laugh...thank you!

lots2do
November 17th, 2017, 11:19 AM
My sympathies to you both. Maybe the shop will lend you a machine.

kjohnson
November 17th, 2017, 12:19 PM
Could you get some pre-wound bobbins? I also purchased a bobbin winder some time ago - but I've never used it. That might work in a pinch until you get your machine back in order. Sorry you are having such a bad time getting your machine back in order. Good luck!

Rhonda K
November 17th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Beth,

Hope you are back on-line with your machine. If not, pre-wound bobbins are a great idea or ask the shop to wind some more for you.

Debbie Watters
November 17th, 2017, 12:36 PM
I have purchased the bobbin winder from Joanne's (of course, with a coupon). I saw it on a Crafty Gemini video. Works pretty good. Hopefully your machine will be back home with you soon!

Simply Quilting
November 17th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Nancy, I hope your sewing machine part comes in soon.