PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday again?

Monique
November 8th, 2017, 08:05 AM

Or spew their coffee!!

Good morning friends. Well what the heck did I do yesterday? Oh yes, laundry for one and to the community centre for a download. Going back today for my daily download. I started the 'paisley elephant' and got it all tacked down. Now to stitch around the applique. I also have the binding cut for the giant flower garden quilt, so that needs to be attached and then I can work on that Friday when I work!! We had our meeting last night for the Lionettes. We handed out lots of money for good causes. Other than that nothing special happened.

So have a great Wednesday friends.

Star lover
November 8th, 2017, 08:12 AM
Well I'm laughing....not spewing! Oh my Monique....your daily laugh is good medicine!

Well, now I'm trying to remember what all I did yesterday......oh yeah, laundry, stripped beds, dusted....ya know, the fun stuff. Ran some errands and picked up some take out. A soup my DH loves, which we rarely eat.....just cause when it's good, it's gotta be bad for you. I did sew some and played my dulcimer.

That's about it for some reason I was tired.....oh yeah...staying up to 11 and getting up at 4 can do that to ya. Did it again last night....when oh when will I learn....??? When I get to hand quilting I zone out and go to my happy place and....time just flys.

Hope you spend time today doing something you love. Love and hugs to all. :icon_hug:

Jean Sewing Machine
November 8th, 2017, 08:18 AM
Hi Monique! Is your paisley elephant one of those appliqué designs made with the overlapping floral fabrics? They look like a lot of fun and sure turn out pretty!

I got back into bag making after spending several weeks in costume land. My show opened last Friday, it got several very complimentary reviews, hope that brings in more audience members. The show isn't well known, called "The Spitfire Grill". It's a great story, beautiful music, with a talented cast. Wish we could get a really big crowd to see it! It goes for 3 more performances this upcoming weekend.

I have a quilt top to quilt for a shower this weekend. I made three tops this summer for choices for a friend. She chose her favorite, so I have 2 left! They were little girl quilts, so that is what I need for the shower, it shouldn't take long to quilt and bind a small quilt.

Hope you all have a great day!

Monique
November 8th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Hi Monique! Is your paisley elephant one of those appliqué designs made with the overlapping floral fabrics? They look like a lot of fun and sure turn out pretty!

I got back into bag making after spending several weeks in costume land. My show opened last Friday, it got several very complimentary reviews, hope that brings in more audience members. The show isn't well known, called "The Spitfire Grill". It's a great story, beautiful music, with a talented cast. Wish we could get a really big crowd to see it! It goes for 3 more performances this upcoming weekend.

I have a quilt top to quilt for a shower this weekend. I made three tops this summer for choices for a friend. She chose her favorite, so I have 2 left! They were little girl quilts, so that is what I need for the shower, it shouldn't take long to quilt and bind a small quilt.

Hope you all have a great day!

Jean, I hope more people attend the show.

This is the pattern I used. Mine will be a wall hanging.

https://www.fabshophop.com/downloads/freepatterns/free-pattern_paisley-splash_windham-fabrics.pdf

NanaMaggie
November 8th, 2017, 08:26 AM
Good morning,

Once again i will be sitting in my chair in front of the sewing machine with my foot on another chair ... having the flip ironing pad/cutting mat right next to me is a good thing! Dr appt did not go as i had hoped. Doc chuckled when i asked if i would be on my feet by Christmas... "think about Valentines" was not what i wanted to hear.

Oh well, it should be a beautiful sunny day and my dog still loves me. :D

Have a great day y'all.

Iris Girl
November 8th, 2017, 08:26 AM
Morning all! Love the comics puts a smile on my face. Yesterday was work and apparently stupid day. I have never had so many stupid questions. I was ready to go home by 10:30.
Today is no work...but work more day. Changing out seasonal clothes and putting the heavy drapes up and plastic on windows that need it. One load of laundry done, hoping there is room on the line for the curtains. I want to get my son's bear quilt quilted it is so close, working on the borders now, then a trim and binding.
Meatloaf and twice baked taters for dinner and I will be ready bed. I so hate the time change. I am like a bird when sun rises I rise , when sun sets I sleep. Been waking at 3 instead of the usual 4. But this morning it was 2:30 so much on my mind to do. Hubby is no real help on anything inside the house, getting help from him is like pulling hens teeth and then it makes for always a fight. So I try and not ask unless one of the kids are not around to help. Thank goodness my boys will help with no lip. Hubby wants to finish the leaves outside this weekend and mow...I don't think I will help since he didn't help me. I helped him with the first laod 7 bags of ground up leaves and a bag of tree limbs. That is enough .
Off to work on the quilt , then finish the windows, then hang the curtains, then make dinner...

Bubby
November 8th, 2017, 09:11 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

We have heavy fog this morning. It's a good thing I take Dottie out on a leash in the morning, as she could easily have disappeared into the fog and then off into the woods.

Jeff is getting sick. He says everyone at work is sick and now it's his turn, which means my turn won't be far behind. Drats! He blames it on getting a flu shot. I think we all got good sleep last night. Dottie didn't wake me until 3:30 to go outside.

I'm so in love with my embroidery machine right now. I'm giving myself the rest of this week to play with it and then I have to start making Christmas gifties.

Maggie, I hope you heal up faster than the doctors are telling you. This is an especially bad time of the year for a woman to be on the sidelines. This would be a nice chance to make plans for what you want to make next year. My prayers are with you.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day. Hugs....

JCY
November 8th, 2017, 09:58 AM
Good Morning ~ It didn't get as cold as they predicted--at least here. They said lower 20's, but it's 32. I'm still waking up before the alarm goes off. I hope the time change transitions soon & I can sleep till the clock radio goes off. I lay in bed & listen to 5 min. of news & weather before I get out of bed. We still have snow on the ground. It briefly made it to 40 yest., but it was in the 30's most of the day. At least the streets thawed & dried up, so I went to my retired nurses' lunch after all. It was a nice time of visiting & catching up. There were 10 of us. Food was nothing to write home about. My Caesar salad was heavy on croutons & skimpy on chicken. After lunch I went by Sprouts for some produce.

I had a surprise msg. on my mach. when I got home. One of the ladies from guild called to tell me my Rail Fence Star quilt, which I entered in the recent show in the Novice category, has won a prize. She wants me to bring it to guild next week. Prizes will be announced at the mtg.

Yest. afternoon I finished the binding on the Baby Bargello quilt. I just need to hand tack the corners & make a label. I want to get it finished so I can start on a Christmas project.

This a.m. is Bible Study Fellowship. It's my week to play the piano. No planned errands today.

KPH
November 8th, 2017, 10:14 AM
Yesterday ended up being a searching for clearance fall stuff for the Thanksgiving tree. I do wish DS#2 and DIL would make up their minds as to what day I'm going to have J for home school. DIL is off, so she's taking all three kiddos to Nana and Nandy's house this morning and going to spin class. After that she's picking up J to have home school with him. They'll come over this afternoon for dinner.

So it looks like I'll have J tomorrow. Only thing is, I have an appt. to get my hair done tomorrow because I wasn't supposed to have him on Thursdays back when I made my appt. Sigh. Oh well. I'm going to have to be more flexible since DIL is an ER nurse. I guess things aren't set in stone like they were when our kids were little. M-F work, Scouts on Monday or Tuesday (Cubs).

Breath and let it go.......

I was planning on having J help with the Thanksgiving tree, but since he's not going to be here today I went ahead and finished the decorating last night. I picked up 5 pieces of fall fabric on clearance at Hobby Lobby and I'm getting ready to whip up a dresden plate tree skirt.

Got to get busy, I've got to get that done and go get some low carb veggies that the kids and DIL will eat for dinner that will be good with grilled porkchops. They'll be here before you know it!

My little friend is back at the birdfeeder this morning. He probably realized I needed a few minutes to watch him play around the porch.

grammaterry
November 8th, 2017, 10:17 AM
You all are so productive. Iris, I have sympathy for no help. DH is overwhelmed with things that need done so he just leaves and goes hunting then complains when he gets home that he didn't see any thing except raccoons! Last night, third in a row, he complained about the combination of food I had for supper. BBQ, baked beans, broccoli with hollandaise. I told him I wasn't cooking for him anymore. He told me he could care less...whoops!
Today I need to go into town and close out the commercial checking account, pay the taxes on the farm, go to the credit union and see if they have a check register. (I don't want to bank on line) and do some general errands.
Yesterday I cut 5 inch white blocks and sewed blocks of 9 out of leftover purple & yellow charms. I think I'm going to make wall hanging type curtains for the sewing room to keep out the cold. I am thinking of making the 9 patches into dP9's. I think I'm going to have to add another color to have enough for three windows. Maybe I'll pick up some curtain rods but then again, maybe I should wait until I get them finished.
I was awake a long time this morning thinking of Thanksgiving. I have 20 people coming and no room for them. We usually did this at the restaurant and now I'm stressing about where we will sit and what the children can do if the weather is nasty. I'm making prime rib because I have lots of whole ribeyes left from the restaurant. hummm

Lori63
November 8th, 2017, 10:24 AM
Good morning all:)
Monique, I love that pattern, can't wait to see pics.

I love Tuesdays and Wednesdays because those are the only days I get to see my son. He works shift work and those are his days off. I usually get one day or the other, but not both...spending one of his days off with mom is plenty for him I'm sure! We had a very nice visit last night.

I'm off work tomorrow, will have the grandbabies all day. We usually try to do something fun, but tomorrow may be full of errands. But it seems the kiddos enjoy just running errands with us.

I hope to run out after work today and get more flannel for DGD's Troll/Frozen quilt. She will be devastated if we don't get to do at least a little something on her quilt tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Barb, I go through phases with my embroidery machine, sometimes that's all I want to do, then I'll go months without embroidering a thing.

Carlie Wolf
November 8th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Good Morning everyone. It was chilly this morning and the next two days will go into the 20's at night. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

JCY I'd love to see your baby bargello when you get it done. A bargello is still on my bucket list. I'm beginning to think it might have to be a table runner LOL

The landlord came yesterday and replaced the outlets in two of my upstairs room. I'd been having some problems there and I'm so glad that is done. Turns out they were in pretty bad shape so this is a relief. He's coming back today to fix the heat duct that somehow displaced itself and separated in the basement. That should help with the heat going into the downstairs bathroom! I love this old house, it was built around 1905 but yes there's always something going on :-)

I'm almost caught up on the backlogged sewing, the backlog should be done by tonight. I'm really whipping through it now that the new machine got here on Sunday. I'm hoping to get the last lap quilt I pieced onto the frame and maybe I can have that quilted by this weekend :-) I like being busy, busy, busy, particularly with sewing

Everyone have a great day.

Claire Hallman
November 8th, 2017, 11:40 AM
I hope to get a quilt trimmed and bound today, it is sort of for Christmas but mostly for my grandson to have when they move to Orlando. I have one finished for his big sister. They probably won't need then for warmth but as a big hug from grandma when one is needed.
First today there is zumba and I would love to plant the pansies I bought before rain set in. It has not rained hard but still don't want to plant them in a misting rain. Maybe the sun will come out for a while later on.

Carlie Wolf
November 8th, 2017, 12:10 PM
What is zumba Claire? You plant pansies in the Fall? I always thought you had to plant them in
Spring?

jjkaiser
November 8th, 2017, 12:13 PM
KPH: "Yesterday ended up being a searching for clearance fall stuff for the Thanksgiving tree."
ME: "What is a Thanksgiving tree??" That's something I never heard of, so I figured you must live in another country. But I see you are in Florida. Is it a Florida thing?

mischiefkat
November 8th, 2017, 01:24 PM
KPH: "Yesterday ended up being a searching for clearance fall stuff for the Thanksgiving tree."
ME: "What is a Thanksgiving tree??" That's something I never heard of, so I figured you must live in another country. But I see you are in Florida. Is it a Florida thing?

I've lived in Fla a long time and have never heard of a Thanksgiving Tree. However,when I went for rehab yesterday the staff had put one up in the alcove between the gym and rehab. It was very nice looking. So if it becomes a tradition maybe Floridians can claim we started it. KPH a Drsedan plate in fall colors would look really nice as a tree skirt. Kathy

Spring Bird
November 8th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Gosh, list of things i get done in a day make me look like a slacker. Mon & Tues, Thurs & Fri are work days for me. On those days it is out of the house by 6am and home by 6pm. 10hr shift, 30 min commute each way and a couple of errands after work. Fix dinner and maybe get the dishes done. Play outside with the dog and off to bed.

Today is water sports day, dishes, laundry and mopping. I will go town to do some errands that don't fit in after work. I hope to turn the binding on some old UFOs and work on some piecing. Spend my birthday money at the LQS.

Lucky for me DH will eat whatever I place in front of him except burnt toast burnt pancakes or runny egg whites. Breakfast for dinner is one of my go to meals after work. Waffles, eggs and bacon. Honestly if it has bacon it is a good meal.

have blessed day
Robin

Carlie Wolf
November 8th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Ha Ha, love that name. Water sports day <giggle>

KPH
November 8th, 2017, 03:11 PM
I'm not sure where the Thanksgiving tree started, but DH's cousins all have them. I guess we could say it's a family thing. Pictures are posted under Esther's Thanksgiving tree.

Claire Hallman
November 8th, 2017, 03:51 PM
What is zumba Claire? You plant pansies in the Fall? I always thought you had to plant them in
Spring?

Zumba is a aerobic dance class, I have been doing this for exercise for 5-6 years. It doesn't quite seem like exercise, more like fun.
I did get the pansies planted between drizzles. We plant them here in the fall, they will stop blooming in the very cold but will bloom again if it warms up which it does here in North central Alabama off and on during the Winter.
Now I need a shower then on to the quilt room.

mischiefkat
November 8th, 2017, 08:13 PM
I'm not sure where the Thanksgiving tree started, but DH's cousins all have them. I guess we could say it's a family thing. Pictures are posted under Esther's Thanksgiving tree.

Nice family tradition. Kathy