PDA

View Full Version : EQ8 enabler alert

PrettyCurious
November 1st, 2017, 05:15 PM
it's on massdrop for the next 3 days . . .
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/eq8-quilting-software

Just saying

Lori63
November 1st, 2017, 05:17 PM
I saw that....trying to decide if I would actually use it. I have so many quilts I already want to make. Although I did have Sandy's husband help me design a quilt (still not done) with his EQ. I'll have to think about it...

PrettyCurious
November 1st, 2017, 05:22 PM
I paid $149 for eq7 a couple of years ago, and it has saved me a lot of time.
When I see a pattern I like, and I want to remember it, I quickly draw it up in eq, qnd then I know what kind of yardage I will need.

I did get eq8 recently. It's a stand alone program that they call [and price as] an upgrade for those who have eq7, and I think it's easier to use. So far I haven't been disappointed.

The money I have saved in patterns, and time in figuring yardage has been worth it.

Sheep Farmer
November 2nd, 2017, 12:25 AM
I purchased the EQ8 upgrade last week but I'm away on a quilt retreat and haven't had a chance to play around with it yet. I loved EQ7 and used it all the time drawing blocks that I see from other quilts. I also do a lot of resizing to make quilt blocks smaller (mini) or larger in some cases. And I desperately need my EQ to sample fabrics and color variations. I also use it to resize blocks to make them pre-cut friendly. So, yes, I use EQ a lot.

NanaMaggie
November 4th, 2017, 07:35 PM
Oh my - EQ8??? I have EQ1,2 and 3. Haven't used it in ages.