PDA

View Full Version : Computer crashed/need email addresses back again

Carlie Wolf
October 31st, 2017, 09:12 PM
My computer crashed and I had to reinstall everything. Fortunately I still have all my doc but do have to reinstall some programs now.

I lost all my email that I had saved in folders in my Thunderbird program along with all my addresses, email addresses and bookmarks from my browser.

If I had your email address can you please email me again so I can make sure I have it in the new address book.

I suspect I won't have everything back in order for a few days. Oh and I also lost my keyboard function, fortunately I have an extra plug in keyboard to use. It probably all happened when I spilled my tea down the front of the computer. I guess I'm lucky I can still use it at all. :-/ I knew I should have taken that nap today.

Mimi_Howard
October 31st, 2017, 09:33 PM
Well I didn't spill anything but my puter corrupted my profile. Finally got another profile set up and got most of my desktop and such copied over to new profile but lost ALL the bookmarks and stuff too that I have saved in firefox. Took to work to make sure I was indeed in a stable/crippled mode and the IT Tech to start backing up coz my hard drive would continue to do corruptive stuff! Yikes. Time to start pricing and watching sales for sure.

Carlie Wolf
October 31st, 2017, 10:14 PM
Did this just happen to you this week too Mimi?

Mimi_Howard
November 1st, 2017, 12:36 AM
Yes it did. One wild ride the week was!

Carlie Wolf
November 1st, 2017, 10:33 AM
I'm beginning to think that it wasn't just spilling the tea. It looks like I'm getting things working again although I've had some weird things happen while resetting up but so far so good. One weird thing is that when I plug my computer into my tv (I usually watch netflix from the tv screen), it displays the picture upside down. Say WHAT? I can still watch it from the computer ok though. I think it's time to backup everything to my older computer again just to be safe.
I don't think they make the keyboards the way they use to. Even before this I was having a lot of problems with my keyboard and it's only two years old.
I've come to the point where I hate technology but I'm addicted to the net LOL

Carolyn
November 1st, 2017, 10:54 AM
Carly, seems like you are having a lot of troubles this week. First the sewing machine and now this. I really hope things turn around for you. Any luck with the sewing machine situation?

Carlie Wolf
November 1st, 2017, 11:18 AM
I think I'm getting a handle on it Carolyn. I've got it pretty much down to either the Brother CS6000i or the XR9500PRW. I think both are the same in their sewing functions as the SE400 embroidery/sewing machine was so I'm pretty sure I'll be comfortable with that at the reasonable price. I'm really thankful that the embroidery section of my machine still functions because I'd have really, really missed that were it not working. It's really helped with my craft sales when doing the smaller items. I just wouldn't have been able to afford a new SE400 in the near future. From what I've noticed this week from sewing a little on my old, old machine from years ago is that I hate every minute of it and know darn well I wouldn't like sewing anymore. Now how nasty would that be????!!! So I'm looking forward to the end of the week so I can be on a roll again :-)

jjkaiser
November 1st, 2017, 11:45 AM
Carlie you can Google the upside down fix but you have to put in the brand of TV that you have. The fix looks pretty easy. Good luck. Sounds like you are having lots of technical problems today!

Carlie Wolf
November 1st, 2017, 12:30 PM
Thanks jjkaiser. Never heard of that one LOL. Once I find my tv brand what words would I put in the Google search. I can't think how to frame the wording for the search for this problem. Maybe all this is starting to make me more brain dead then I already am :-)

Midge
November 1st, 2017, 01:29 PM
Carly, so sorry your machines are letting you down this week! What a nightmare when money is tight. I was shopping for feet this morning and after I read your post I looked at sewingmachinesplus.com listing for Brother. They have the machine you are thinking of for $189. They have free shipping and no sales tax, too. Anyway, I bought my Juki HZL DX5 from them and I was very happy with the customer service. It really helps to call them and talk to a sales associate. They might not budge on the price, but you can probably ge them to throw in some bobbins or something. On the computer issue, you might want to think about Google Chrome for your browser. It saved me all the work you are now doing when my last laptop died on me. With Chrome, your bookmarks and address books are synced across all your devices. So for me, any additions to my bookmarks or email contacts will appear across my smartphone, my iPad and my Win10 laptop. You only enter info once and that's it. And even any searches you do will show up on the other device if you need to check something again. Just an idea. Tech is supposed to help us, not annoy and inconvenience us.

jjkaiser
November 1st, 2017, 04:09 PM
Thanks jjkaiser. Never heard of that one LOL. Once I find my tv brand what words would I put in the Google search. I can't think how to frame the wording for the search for this problem. Maybe all this is starting to make me more brain dead then I already am :-)

How to rotate Sony TV screen, or livestream netflix sony TV picture screen upside down

Carlie Wolf
November 1st, 2017, 07:45 PM
That sounds good :-) I'll try that. I can't believe just how much my brain is fried right now. Thank you :-)