PDA

View Full Version : Physcially Exhausted and Mentally Drained....

Mimi_Howard
October 28th, 2017, 03:20 AM
Been a long hard week... Monday my fathers fridge died (brand was Montgomery Wards, shows you how OLD it was) luckily had a decent backup in garage, Tue dental appt, mega work come Jan for me. Wed buy new fridge for dad, Thursday... ah got a sigh of relief and was looking forward to Friday.

Well this morning email from son (39) ultra sound and dtr think gall stones so possible surgery on Monday. At 4 pm I get text from son, in the ER and getting admitted for surgery. Went in at 7 pm and surgery lasted almost twice as long as thought. Highly infected and stone had gone thru wall of one side of something, didn't understand it all. Doctor said they had never seen a bladder so infected (puss) and was near being life threatening, out came the bladder. If the stone has gone thru other side of something, then reconstruction of innerds would be required. Still got to be careful for inside there are weak areas due to infection.

DIL just text me, moved him from recovery and fully awake now and talking. Her parents are keeping the kids tonight, thank goodness. So now my mind is starting to relax and the tears are forming. I am mentally spent right now! In a week I leave to visit my honey in another state that is fighting a terminal illness. Need to stay strong!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Monique
October 28th, 2017, 05:50 AM
Sorry you are having such a bad week. Offering up some cyber hugs and prayers that better times are ahead.

Star lover
October 28th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Oh Mimi, you've sure had a rough spell. I'll be praying for you and your family, including your honey. Love and hugs!

Bubby
October 28th, 2017, 08:16 AM
What147291 a rough week you had. Things will start looking up for you soon....

JCY
October 28th, 2017, 08:51 AM
God bless you! Sometimes things just pile in on us & we feel overwhelmed. Hope things get better soon. Thoughts & prayers.

Astatoo
October 28th, 2017, 10:00 AM
(((((hugs)))))) I hope that you were able to get-are still getting-some much needed rest.

grammaterry
October 28th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Breathe. Things are working out. We all love you and pray for you to endure these challenges and help your loved ones thru their trying times.

Anitamae56
October 28th, 2017, 10:27 AM
You have already so much strength , sending you many prayers and hugs!

DeniseSm
October 28th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Hoping for the best. Things really piled up on you and yours. Glad you son was able to get help quickly.

KarenC
October 28th, 2017, 11:26 AM
Hoping for the best. When it rains, it pours. I know that dossn'the help, but we are all pulling for you to win. This tug of war. Stay strong, you got this.

pcbatiks
October 28th, 2017, 12:48 PM
Let the tears fall. It will help release some of the stress. Hoping for a complete recovery for your son.

Mimi_Howard
October 28th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Good Morning All... Thank you so much for the love and support, those hugs and prayers traveled miles and miles for I was able to sleep a solid straight 6 hours! That is a wow factor. Did text son and he said sore, but pain pill is helping and he got FOOD. I asked real food? He said well mom is not like my cooking, but it was edible. He is the cook in that family. He says fever and infection count will be determining factor on whether he gets sprung today or tomorrow. DIL on way hospital and she will give me the whole skinny later after dtr makes his rounds.

Breathe in / out / in / out... I am woman - I am warrior - I have god - I got this ! Thank you all for these reminders!

And I have all of you!

KPH
October 28th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Keeping you and your family in my prayers. Peace

jjkaiser
October 28th, 2017, 01:39 PM
Sounds like a very scary situation but your son got to the hospital just in time. Made me smile his comments about eating, that the food was edible but not as good as yours Mom! He must be feeling ok if he wants to eat!

Simply Quilting
October 28th, 2017, 02:00 PM
(((HUGS))) and continued prayers for a smooth recovery for him.

Debbie Watters
October 28th, 2017, 02:23 PM
Hopefully things will calm down for you ... sounds like your plate has been overflowing ... remember to take care of yourself ... prayers sent ...

cv quilter
October 29th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Mimi, What a week is right! My goodness, no wonder you are spent and drained and exhausted. You have much to deal with and I hope you will keep your faith in yourself...you must be a very strong woman. Have faith in the Lord, too, and He will be with you through all your concerns and trials. I hope your SIL will be OK and I hope you are able to visit your honey and have an enjoyable time