PDA

View Full Version : *UPDATE* from Stationarymom (Joan)

Monique
October 27th, 2017, 07:33 PM
I received this message earlier today from Joan.

"Hi
Thank you so much I haven't been able to get on the forums because I forgot my password.I am doing ok I started radiation this week and finished my first of seven weeks,I should also start chemo next week some time.I'm still healing from surgery and haven't been able to use the charms people keep sending.This is going to be a very long recovery,they say it will take a year just to heal from the surgery.I have had to learn to swallow again not fun.Could you please give the forum a quick update for me if you don't mind? I have appts every day and have a physical therapist,visiting nurse and speech therapist that come to the house in between Dr's visits and treatments so I don't know when I'll make it on here again.
Thank you again
Joan"

Cathy F
October 27th, 2017, 08:29 PM
Thank you for the update! Sending good wishes for your recovery.

Bubby
October 27th, 2017, 08:32 PM
Sending prayers and best wishes for grace for the journey.

grammaterry
October 27th, 2017, 10:21 PM
My prayers are with you Joan and I thank God every day for my own health and that of DH. You have reminded us how very fragile that thread is.

redcaboose1717
October 27th, 2017, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the UPDATE Monique.....I will send her another card....just to let her know I am thinking ( and still praying) of her!

Lori63
October 27th, 2017, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the update Monique. Please let Joan know we all are thinking of her and sending best wishes.

Simply Quilting
October 28th, 2017, 12:47 AM
Thank you for the update. Sending prayers as she recovers.

JCY
October 28th, 2017, 01:01 AM
I've been thinking of her recently & wondered how she's doing. Thanks for sharing. She's been through so much. Prayers continue.

sew-what2015
October 28th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the update,Monique.
I have been praying for Joan and will continue to do so.

Star lover
October 28th, 2017, 09:20 AM
Thank you Monique.......I'll continue my prayers too.

Anitamae56
October 28th, 2017, 10:46 AM
I have thinking of her lately. Thank you for the update, she is going thru so much.

Granny Fran
October 28th, 2017, 11:55 AM
I still pray for her every day. I have gone though the same thing 10 years ago and know first hand how tiring this can be. It will all be worth it when done, but some days it is hard to imagine. Having so many support people will make this path so much easier to travel. Please send her my best wishes, Monique, and thank you for the update.

pcbatiks
October 28th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the update.......continued prayers for Joan.

chelea
October 28th, 2017, 10:36 PM
So happy to hear how she's doing. She remains in my prayers.